Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction after fill, then none

The first couple of days after a fill, I feel great. Portions are appropriate, not constantly hungry, no snacking, then 3 or 4 days later it's like I don't have a fill at all. Is this what happens until you find your green zone?

The first couple of days after a fill, I feel great. Portions are appropriate, not constantly hungry, no snacking, then 3 or 4 days later it's like I don't have a fill at all. Is this what happens until you find your green zone?

Hey when did you get your first fill?

I say yes. I have had several adjustments and finally got restriction after 7 months. Doc also told me when I lose weight the band is a little looser. They have to adjust you little by little if theyre doing it right. Youll know when u finally get restriction when you have your 1st stuck episode or the vomiting. Sorry but I kept asking people when will I feel it or how will I know. I promise you will see once you reach restricition

I have actually had four fills since my surgery on July 27th. First fill was 1 month post-op. Last fill was 9 days ago. I have like 8 or 9cc's in so far. I have only lost 7 lbs. the last 2 months. I feel like it should have been more. Thanks neenee717. I am starting to feel "stuck" when I eat to fast or don't chew well enough or eat bread. But everything else goes down way too easy. At least it's good to know that this is "normal".

Yep it can be a roller coastim learning. Haven had adjustment in months bEcause I gained a little back and doc said I didn't need it and also I still get stuck with certain foods or eating too fast. I found that also vetain foods won't bother u I varies. My band tighten on it's on during PMS and I can't tolerate almost nothing, but when it passes I can eat things like rice or pizza if I eat slow. I can tolerate things like fried chicken where some can't. Steak gets stuck everytime

I'm building my way up to good restriction again after being totally unfilled for a surgery. this is what its been like for me. Every time I think "this is the one" and for three or four days it's great - I can eat good variety and reasonable quantity (as I dont need to actually lose weight now) but then it disappears and I have appetite, trouble getting from meal to meal without snacking, can eat what I consider HUGE meals (not really compared to others, there IS restriction there, but I can eat a whole sandwich for instance) and the satiation after a meal simply doesnt last. I'm really having trouble preventing weight gain, feel like I'm constantly on a diet and have to run 10kms almost every day to keep the balance on the favourable side.

I've got enough control of my eating after six years that I'm not going to pile weight on, its taken me 9 months to gain 6lb, but a gain is a gain and I want to nip it in the bud.

It wasnt quite like this after surgery - every fill took me to a good place, they did loosen after a few days but becuase I was much heavier and it took much less work to lose weight, I wasnt as aware of it or bothered by it. By the time I got to maintenance, keeping a steady weight was effortless - I didnt think about it, I had my daily routine around eating and exercise, and I enjoyed myself when I went out or away and broke that routine, then got right back to it. I never gained weight from these occasional indulgences. That's becuase I had the perfect restriction for me. Getting back to it is sure frustrating. But every fill lasts that little bit longer, and eventually you get there.