Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waking up THIN!!!

Thank you jersey. However when I say I'm not hungry I'm not. I didn't eat a lot before the band but now I eat about 4 oz and half a cup of veggies. Some days I do a shake for Breakfast and one for lunch then 4 crackers and 5 forkfuls of tuna. Maybe some sf Jello as a snack, but that's it.

Thank you jersey. However when I say I'm not hungry I'm not. I didn't eat a lot before the band but now I eat about 4 oz and half a cup of veggies. Some days I do a shake for breakfast and one for lunch then 4 crackers and 5 forkfuls of tuna. Maybe some sf Jello as a snack, but that's it.

You do need to try and eat more, this cannot be good for you. I remember when I first started out having to eat more because I had not had enough cals for the day. It was strange because it is the opposite of what we have always been told. Now I eat 5 to 6 times a day and my body stays energized and I feel great. Good luck

That is where I am at now. I have lost 126 lbs in 10 months. I look and feel wonderful compared to last November.... I am wearing L instead of 3x tops and 18 or XL bottoms instead of 4x! But while I Celebrate my loss... I still need to lose 61 lbs to hit my personal goal and 81 to hit my Dr's goal for me. So I am still overweight. I am just not morbidly obese anymore!B) Its frustrating at times and feels as if I will NEVER get there..... but moreso I am in a much better place than where I was so for that I am thankful.

I will succeed. It may be 8 more months or 2 years.... but I WILL get there and I WILL keep it off !

I know you will! Super congrats on your accomplishment so far! Keep up the good work!

Texas, I just remembered something... I was feeling like you about a month after surgery, and was eating very little, and had so little energy, I had to sit and rest after I came up the front steps. My dr. had me track my blood pressure for 5 days (as it was way low all of a sudden!). She ended up changing all my meds, and taking 3 away. I also went from 400-500 calories a day to 800, and then I almost immediately felt better, and I started losing again!

You may have different reasons for your body reacting the way it is, but I'm suggesting you ask your dr. for a total blood test, and go from there. And I would immediately get in more calories and Protein.

I was soooo feeling like you at the time. Please don't give up. Please see your dr. This is just a bump in the road you will look back on and be thankful you got past it so successfully. Super good luck to you. Things will get better. But you've got to start by seeing what is going on with your body.

Please report back on how you are doing.

I'm down 95 lbs in 7 months. I am so happy and feel so good I sometimes forget that I have another 100+ to lose before goal. On a bad day I look in the mirror and think "ugh- I've worked so hard and I'm still so fat!" or "I could have lost more if I just didn't or did do this or that." It is such a mental thing.

I slow myself down and remember that this is lfestyle change to save my life and it will come off as slow as it needs to. I also know when I don't exercise as much or don't make great food choices it comes off slower. I am learning that I am in charge of my destiny (and my band!).

I love your outlook, and your saying at the end! :-)

U know oldie my bp is really low lately. I take hbp pills but when I got my fill it was like 102/59. Maybe I need to have my meds taken down a bit. I'll try to eat more but I'd have to admit I'm a bit paranoid. Maybe I'll go to 800-900 calories instead and see how I do. Today was the last straw. I almost passed out while holding my son. I got dizzy, lightheaded and almost fell!!! So I'll try anything to get this to work for me, without me dying! Lol.

Texas have you tried supplementing with Protein Shakes or bars? There are some really good low carb/low sugar shakes and bars out there that are great. I have them a lot between meals, and the extra Protein might spark some weight loss. Worth a try! Greek yogurt is good too, lots of extra protein but probably won't fill you up. And definitely get to your doctor and get checked out. You could very well have a medical condition that is preventing you from losing. Hang in there, it will get better!

Texas - Please go see your doctor. There is no reason for you to feel faint/pass out!! There is something wrong that needs to be righted.

Texas.... you should really go to the dr. and asked for a check up. You may need to be taken off the BPP. Wouldn't that be great. I so completely understand your feelings. I think eating more may help you. I know i didn't feel the concept either till later and when i noticed i lost more the more good things i ate. Not bad things like Ice Cream.. (which i love more than anything)... bad chips and candy.... so i started eating more whole grains and cheese... My favorite snack is Laughing Cow cheese wedge and CrunchMaster Multi grain crackers... But i still love the ice cream and if i could get away from that i would have been at goal by now.

But being light headed and dizzy is diffidently not good. Please go see your doctor. Has anyone noticed your weight loss yet? I tell you i didn't feel like i was accomplishing anything, but people were noticing the weight loss... too bad i didn't see it. To be honest, i still don't see it in the mirror or in pictures. I know i look better because people tell me so, but when i look at pictures.... i still see FAT...flabby stomach YUCK.

I bet you are doing better than you think.... please don't give up. Keep the faith... this will work for you.

Going to post pictures of this weekend..... I still look heavy to me even at 143.... Crazy...

Well I've tried more calories but I'm up 3lbs. I do drink shakes but not between meals, but as my breakfast and lunch. Has anyone tried Optifast? ?

Texas give the upping calories a week b4 you judge weight gain. If you were eating too little b4 you body needs a week to realize you are doing the right thing. Then you will lose again. Are you feeling less faint??? Less tired???

i've stopped the blood pressure meds for a few days and monitored it and i'm fine so far. I did up the calories Sunday and kinda monday, but I got on the scale today and I'm up 4lbs all together. I get that it maybe Water weight, but how long does this last??? This is not good at all. I've been taking Water pills and they havent helped. All my hard work last week just got wiped out and Im getting a 2nd fill today and have to do a weigh in which makes me feel worse! I'm working out this evening. I'm still tired.

I use to do 2200 calories a day before the lapband and I still didnt lose weight consistantly. I dont expect miracles, just some sort of consistant weight loss and not tricking my body or starving it either. I struggle to eat a lot cause of my lapband I get full easily so i dont know how to get more calories in.

I really hate to read about what a hard time you are having, TexasBandit. When I read what you post it certainly makes your frustration understandable as it seems you really should be losing weight. You probably have had this done, but just asking, what about your thyroid? Just trying to figure out why in the world you are not losing weight since you seem to be doing all the right things. I hope you have good luck at the doctor with your fill and it ends up being the place you need to be to lose weight.