Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just banded yesterday morning. I didn't have much pain at all yesterday just discomfort. I did however have a heck of a time with the anesthethia :(. So I'm home now afraid to take the pain meds bc they usually (always) make me sick. I've been uncomfortably laying in my bed for 12 hrs. I'm debating walking on the treadmill vs continuing my semi vegetable state on the couch. I have no gas but it can't be good to just lay around??? Do any of you have a recovery plan for me? I'm not sure what to do today. Also I have a big cut on my lip?!? Thanks in advance :)

Cut on your lip??? I'm pretty sure that's not part if banding.

My advice take the Meds and walk walk walk.

If they make you sick ask the Dr for anti nausea Meds. And walk walk walk

I hope you feel so much better.

J

I was prescribed anti nausea meds before even leaving hospital. If yiu have them, take them. Look after yourself-

Yes! I think it was from anesthesia?? It's a big bumpy cut ugh! Not really an issue compared to the pain but still I'd like to know what the heck they are doing there since they were worried about knocking my teeth out!

I will call today for anti nausea meds altho they gave them to me in the iv yesterday and they didn't help!!! I don't want to talk pain meds with out that. Plus I haven't eaten in 54 hrs. Wondering how my weak stomach will do on meds on this clear liquid diet.

Hope I don't sound too whiny ;) thanks thus far for the advise! Keep it coming! I really appreciate it.

Walk walk walk !!! Then walk more. I would set the alarm on my cell phone for about every hour to hr and a half and then i'd get up and walk. Even when i was napping. Just get up and walk for a few minutes. My biggest advice is to walk!

J

I was given a patch to put behind my ear for anti-neausea medicine. I guess people who go on boats and such use the patch, and it was a prescription that was NOT over the counter but had to be filled at the local pharmacy. It worked great, other than the severe dry mouth it caused! See if you can get some anti-neausea meds and then you could try taking the pain meds if you need them. I really only took the pain meds the first day after surgery, and then the next two nights right before I slept. Other than that I didn't take the pain meds at all. To me it wasn't pain I was feeling, but more like discomfort and such.

I too had a cut on my lip. It was on the right side, on my bottom lip. I initially asked my husband if I had a fat lip because when I immediately woke up I had this bumpy, lumpy, cut on the inside of my lip. I was told it was from the tube that they put down my throat for the surgery, and that it can rub as it goes in and essentially causes the issue. It went away about day 3 or 4.

I also recommend walking as much as possible. I couldn't have walked on a tread mill, I felt way too light headed for several days after surgery. I was lucky to just get up and walk around my house for about 10 minutes. My doctor told me he wanted me to get up at least 10 times a day to walk and that I should be fine in a few days. I initially took off from work about 4 days and ended up taking up 6 days off before I felt good enough to be at work all day long. I work in an office and only sit at a desk all day long, but the sitting and the position of everything was just not very comfortable at all. UGH....

Good luck and just do what your body says it's ready for. Now is the time to really start listening to it :rolleyes:

Hmmm, never heard of the bumpy lip syndrome. Not so sure about that. Maybe they smacked you to wake you up.

But breathing tube sounds a lit better. Did they just strap it on all reckless?

I'm sorry that happened. Call them and ask them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches