Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCT 4th is my big day

Big day is coming up and I feel unprepared. Not pre-op diet, just 1200 calorie as usual. Post op I am doing semi clear, soft, firm then small portioned Protein and and veg.

Funny thing is, no one has told how often I should eat after banding.

Anyway, 44 year old dude from So Cal, hoping to get back down to my academy weight (180) from 318.

Take care,

thanks

Bob

Congrats on your date!

I was told once I have my band I should only eat 3 meals a day.

Best of luck Bob! My surgery date is the day before yours. I don't know what to tell you about eating. It might be something the nurses brief you on before leaving the hospital.

Good luck Bob!! Don't be nervous just follow directions!! I was banded on Jan 13th and have lost 89 pounds. I actually lost 25 pounds on the pre op diet. I lost a lot of Water weight and was quite surprised. You will have to decide for yourself how often you should eat. They want you to eat three meals a day but I found myself getting hungry in between meals but not often. Your band will let you know. Just go to all of your follow up appointments!! I go to the doctor even when I don't get a fill just to make sure everything is fine!! You will do a great and Congratulaitons!!!

weight.png

Hi Bob, What you eat postop is really important to how successful your surgery is. I went to Cedar-Sinai where the gave me a huge binder

that describes, in minute detail, just what and how much to eat for the first 6 weeks. If you don't have this info when you get out, let me know

and I'll be happy to share it with you. Good luck and I hope all goes well.

Hi Bob, my surgery is the day before yours. Did they have you talk to a dietician at all about what to eat after surgery? If not I would call and ask to be set up with one this week. It may help to calm your fears/nerves a bit. Though not very detailed I did get a diet plan to follow. Also I bought the book weight loss surgery for dummies, that has helped too and it also has sample meals and recipes. Hope this helps.

Good Luck and my prayers are with you

Sawana

Big day is coming up and I feel unprepared. Not pre-op diet, just 1200 calorie as usual. Post op I am doing semi clear, soft, firm then small portioned Protein and and veg.

Anyway, 44 year old dude from So Cal, hoping to get back down to my academy weight (180) from 318.

Take care,

thanks

Bob

Congrats Bob, I'm not far behind you with my surgery hoping to have it scheduled in November. Dr. Zanibadi is my surgeon, I'll keep an eye on your post so let us know how your doing...Take care and congrats again.

Take care,

thanks

Bob

Hey Bob congrats! how did your surgery go? Are you handling the liquid diet ok? I'm getting banded in November so I 'm not far behind you and I'm a little nervous but so looking forward to having this surgery and starting my journey on a new healthy life. I also have Dr. Zanibadi for my surgeon did you have your surgery at Parkview?

Take care,

thanks

Bob

Well, surgery has come and gone and I am back to work on "Light Duty". I went to Park View @ 530am and was in a bed gettting prepped by 6. I wore loose shorts so I could walk after surgery. After a few minutes I was wheeled to OR by two VERY nice nurses, it was like a scene out of an old Marcus Welby MD episode, the pushed me through two VERY old and worn out doors. The Anesthesiologist pushed something in the IV placed the O2 mask on me as said, "You will be out in a few...............................*and fade to black*

I heard voices in recovery had my own room room until day 2. Painful, the whole sore abs/gas pain things sucked.

Eventually got home, I was walking around like a 90 year old man and sleeping in the recliner, much easier to get up from a recliner than a Comfort mattress with a slow air leak. It was like trying to get out of a soft sided dumpster, yeah, good luck with that.

So, after day 5 I had lost nearly 20 lbs. by today, 10-12 I have lost a total of 24.

My only issue is, under my left rib cage, I have a bulge the size of a tennis ball cut in half. I have no idea if this is normal. I am scheduled to see Zanibadi, tomorrow, hopefully he'll say it's nothing. For some reason, I am not sure.

Zanibadi said I have SEVERAL hernias that he could not address that were caused by my cancer surgery many years ago.

Anyway, every time I stand I feel pulling and a tightness like a rubber band on my left side, another question for the Doc.

Sorry I havent updated, I havent been tracking this post and just got an email reminder today.

Good luck and take care.

Well, surgery has come and gone and I am back to work on "Light Duty". I went to Park View @ 530am and was in a bed gettting prepped by 6. I wore loose shorts so I could walk after surgery. After a few minutes I was wheeled to OR by two VERY nice nurses, it was like a scene out of an old Marcus Welby MD episode, the pushed me through two VERY old and worn out doors. The Anesthesiologist pushed something in the IV placed the O2 mask on me as said, "You will be out in a few...............................*and fade to black*

I heard voices in recovery had my own room room until day 2. Painful, the whole sore abs/gas pain things sucked.

Eventually got home, I was walking around like a 90 year old man and sleeping in the recliner, much easier to get up from a recliner than a Comfort mattress with a slow air leak. It was like trying to get out of a soft sided dumpster, yeah, good luck with that.

So, after day 5 I had lost nearly 20 lbs. by today, 10-12 I have lost a total of 24.

My only issue is, under my left rib cage, I have a bulge the size of a tennis ball cut in half. I have no idea if this is normal. I am scheduled to see Zanibadi, tomorrow, hopefully he'll say it's nothing. For some reason, I am not sure.

Zanibadi said I have SEVERAL hernias that he could not address that were caused by my cancer surgery many years ago.

Anyway, every time I stand I feel pulling and a tightness like a rubber band on my left side, another question for the Doc.

Sorry I havent updated, I havent been tracking this post and just got an email reminder today.

Good luck and take care.

Glad to hear everything went well for you. thanks for the update it helps to easy my semi nervousness...I'm cursious about the bulge under your rib cage will you give an update on what Dr. Zainiabadi said and why your getting the tightness on your left side. I guess I just like to know just in case I have those same issues it will help ease my mind. Great to hear back from you congrats on your weight loss so far.