Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since being banded, do you notice how much people eat more??

OMG,

Since i had my band placed, i don't know if it is me, or what but i have been noticing how much people eat and that they eat soooooo much food and eat these huge bites. And sometimes it kind of grosses me out. I don't know if i am more aware of it since i eat slower and take little bites. My husband polishes off so much food and i guess i never noticed it before, but i do now.

anyone else like this???

Thank God! I thought I was the only one. My husband is so tired of me telling him how to eat and what to eat:)

The other day my mother and I went to a buffet i got a small plate of food. It was wierd i had enough for a bite of everything i wanted on my plate. then got up and got a few more bites of a couple things i really liked. no bread rice Pasta or potatoes. I noticed everyone had huge piles of food on their plate they ate all of it then got up for another huge plate full of food then got up again and got like 4 different things for desert. holy cow. they were eating alot well more than alot. it was gross. Then I wondered did i used to eat like that at buffets? I know i didn't eat to much ate home just a rather large plate full of food. now i use the small plates and it seems like i have alot of food but most of the time i cant finish it. I usually sit down with about 4oz of meat and a 1/2 to 1 cup of a green veggie and i cant finish it. FYI I am scheduled for my first fill on oct 4th. I dont think I am going to be going out to eat anymore. the amount of food these people eat is just rather gross. I see numbers of calories and carbs they ingest with every bite and holy crap.

I went to a work function the other week with a buffet dinner. I was surprised at how natural it was for me to make healthy choices but even more surprised at the people who I thought were healthy choosing the alternatives and plenty of them. They must work really hard or have a great metabolism if that is how much they normally eat. I try very hard not to be the food police but I do admit to noticing and silently judging a lot of people dry.gif

This topic cracks me up....because I can relate to it.

I knew my husband ate fast but omg. I catch myself wanting to tell him "it's not a race" and all kinds of things. One BIG BIG thing I noticed is how much people TALK about food. Thats the biggest thing for me is how much people talk about food. How we base our holidays and everything around food.

Thank God! I thought I was the only one. My husband is so tired of me telling him how to eat and what to eat:)

That's funny, my husband gets annoyed with me telling him how/what to eat too. Last night I was practically counting his calories as he ate. He is 5'10" and 175 so he is totally average size but man he can eat.

Whew, glad I am not the only one here. I was sitting there the other morning watching my husband make a huge bowl of Cereal for himself, i am talking heaping bowl, probaly 3 servings, thinking to myself "wow, that is alot of food, i would be puking." He does not understand how i am not hungry or don't eat much. that a small bowl of Soup fills me up. LOL! he has seen me get sick once, my own doing for eating too much and drinking right after, so i think that turned him off of the band. :)

anyways, i can't go to the buffet places, they make me want to vomit.

I definitely notice how much people eat in public p[laces and the vast majority of them are obese. I am just so glad not to be one of them any more! It all plays in my head but I dont say a word (especially to my husband who is thin but man can he eat!) because I wouldnt have wanted or benefitted from that kind of criticism when I was overweight!

We went to In & Out the other night (hamburger joint in Ca)and I just had a few of his fries. The majority of people in there were obese and the calories are on the menu sign...the double double (two patties, two cheese) was 670 I think and fries was 370. I think the posting of the calories is a new state law...doubt it will help.

Anyway the part that really bothered me was the children who are already huge and have been trained to eat like that!

Since I have been banded for a while now, I always notice how much more people eat and how much faster.

I go for indian a lot with my friends and I always get just once dish. Well I have a friend whom I often go with who loves going with me because I always leave food left over but he also order one order of naan, rice, 2 curries and chicken as well. His meal is always +$30 while I pay $8. It is crazy too because he will be full but refuses to leave until all the food is gone. That is so backwards for us!

Here is a post I wrote about another experience I had out with a friend

http://alienbanditinkorea.wordpress.com/2009/12/20/one-big-mac-meal-for-every-2-chicken-nuggets/

oh, so jealous. love In and Out Burger, miss that place :) LOL

I definitely notice how much people eat in public p[laces and the vast majority of them are obese. I am just so glad not to be one of them any more! It all plays in my head but I dont say a word (especially to my husband who is thin but man can he eat!) because I wouldnt have wanted or benefitted from that kind of criticism when I was overweight!

We went to In & Out the other night (hamburger joint in Ca)and I just had a few of his fries. The majority of people in there were obese and the calories are on the menu sign...the double double (two patties, two cheese) was 670 I think and fries was 370. I think the posting of the calories is a new state law...doubt it will help.

Anyway the part that really bothered me was the children who are already huge and have been trained to eat like that!

I find there are times I cant even sit at the dinner table with my husband and 13 yo son- because they eat so fast and so much that it upset me and makes my band get tight. Anybody have that happen?

Lol! I constantly notice this! & peolpe eat so dang fast! The other dah we were @ a resturant & this couple next to us, they were bigger but not huge, had nachos for an app, both got meals, & also shared chicken wings & mozerella stix! WTF! That is more calories than I eat in a week! No wonder our obesith rates r so dang high!

Count me in too. Also have u noticed the serving sizes are huge. I went to a cafeteria and they had 12 and 16 oz sizes for oatmel. My god I filled the 12oz half way and got so full. I was thinking who can eat 12 or 16 oz of Soup, grits or oatmeal? ???

Boy , I can relate to this topic lol. My huband can put food away and my son can to. My son plays football and is into all the sports at school so he burns his off but hubby he is a different story .

I will start to open my mouth up about how many carbs are in something before we order and he will say please dont say it , dont ruin my dinner for me lol

When I walk around stores or go to dinner with hubby I really notice heavier people now for some reason., I never was like that before. It's not like I am a skinny chick by all means yet lol but I didn't really realize how many heavy people there was out in the world.

Im so glad to hear im not alone..i thought i was the only one that noticed how much people eat. I never ate that way! I really never paid much attention to what people ate before but I do know that I never ate like that. What got me where I was before the band was the bad food choices and the binge eating but I never ate an excessive amount at once.