Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 of liquids- help

I'm on day two of my liquid diet.. My dr wanted me to drink Protein Shakes from bariatric advantage... Day one I was fine. Today I cant get the second shake down.. I want to puke and feel so sick.. Is it the drink or just me??? Should I change brands or is just my body going through food withdrawals?? My surgery is Oct' 6, so I have a long way to go.. Any help would be great.. Thanks

I hated those shakes. I switched to Unjury, and I actually STILL drink them 8 months post-op. Yummy.

I'm on day two of my liquid diet.. My dr wanted me to drink Protein shakes from Bariatric Advantage... Day one I was fine. Today I cant get the second shake down.. I want to puke and feel so sick.. Is it the drink or just me??? Should I change brands or is just my body going through food withdrawals?? My surgery is Oct' 6, so I have a long way to go.. Any help would be great.. Thanks

Hi Kristie Lee: I didn't like them either. I switch to Designer whey Protein in powder form (vanilla flavor). I mix it with fat free milk, and it tastes delish...I still drink it once a day to get some of my protein intake.

Good luck and hold strong!:)

Hi. I drink EAS chocolate Fudge Protein Shakes every morning for Breakfast. I"m a month post opt and I have lost 17lbs. I have noticed that if I take my vitimin or eat or drink anything else before my Protein Shake then it does not taste as good. But if that is the first thing I put in my mouth (besides brushing) in the morning it is delish. It keeps me full till lunch time which is right around 11:30, then the hunger will start kicking in. Good luck to you! The key is just finding a Protein Drink you like, don't make yourself drink something you don't like, there are many out there, I'm sure there is one that will be delish to you!

HATE protien drinks. I drank carnation instant breakfast with skim milk. Haven't touched a protien shake since 1 week post op! Although, ever since I hit my "sweet spot" 4 months ago I am finding it harder to meet my protien goal. Best of luck to you!

HATE protien drinks. I drank carnation instant breakfast with skim milk. Haven't touched a protien shake since 1 week post op! Although, ever since I hit my "sweet spot" 4 months ago I am finding it harder to meet my protien goal. Best of luck to you!

Try adding a scoop of Protein powder to it. I use whey/soy combo.. The whey just won't dissolve and tastes gritty. If you use chocolate Carnation and vanilla powder, it tastes pretty good. Kinda like a chocolate malt.

I'm on day two of my liquid diet.. My dr wanted me to drink Protein shakes from Bariatric Advantage... Day one I was fine. Today I cant get the second shake down.. I want to puke and feel so sick.. Is it the drink or just me??? Should I change brands or is just my body going through food withdrawals?? My surgery is Oct' 6, so I have a long way to go.. Any help would be great.. Thanks

I'm on a 3 week pre-op diet and have to drink TWO Bariatric Advantage drinks a day. I add a bit more than 8 oz of Water (very cold) and use a little Hamilton Beach blender to blend it really well. Then I chug it down fast! lol Seems to work okay.

I would just try different shakes till you find one you like. My dr. gave me a list of different ones to try. There are so many out there that are gross and some that are more tolerable. Good luck! I am 4 days post op and am sort of tired of them too after doing the pre-op and stuff but I like muscle milk light so I just keep on drinking :).

Just order some unjury, its really the best Protein drink available. Give the strawberry a try for a change, its really good and I'm not a big strawberry fan. The chicken Soup drink is a great quick lunch.

I'm on day two of my liquid diet.. My dr wanted me to drink Protein Shakes from bariatric advantage... Day one I was fine. Today I cant get the second shake down.. I want to puke and feel so sick.. Is it the drink or just me??? Should I change brands or is just my body going through food withdrawals?? My surgery is Oct' 6, so I have a long way to go.. Any help would be great.. Thanks

I am also on the liguid diet,the first day I wondered if I would be able to tolerate the Protein shakes,it was something about the taste that was not good,so I got a blender and I add just a few drops of vanilla with a few cubes of ice and blend like there is NO tomorrow- and now I enjoy my shakes. Today ,I tried an unflavored pack of Protein shake, added acouple of spoons of banana instant pudding a couple og drops of vanill and 3-4 ice cubes and it was absolutely delicious. I am sitll trying different brand of Protein, but the one that Iam really enjoying right now is unjury --I purchased the started pack and I like them all,but have not tried the chicken yet.

Hi,

I have been drinking the Premier Nutrition shakes from Sams Club. I love them they taste like a yoo-hoo. They have 30g of Protein in each shake. I would give them a try.

Good luck!!

I don't know off the top of my head what brand mine are, they were sullied to me, but they are chocolate. At first I thought they tasted like liquid chalk. I'm on day 8 out of 14 and I'm used to them. Vi actually added some crystal light to them and they are actually yummy. If they were vanilla I think there would be more options to flavor them, but I tried strawberry-orange-banana and then the mixed berry crystal lights. I quite enjoyed them. But then again I'd probably enjoy eating a piece of cardboard right now. It has gotten easier & I'm still sticking to it. Learning that I can go to bed hungry & I still wake up on the morning...it doesn't kill me.

Good luck!