Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NO RESTRICTION AND COMPULSIVELY GORGING MYSELF

I am 6 weeks post op. I have had one fill but I still feel NO RESTRICTION. For the last 2 days I have been eating everything not nailed down. I feel like a failure and I am starting over on all liquids today. Has anyone else had issues like this???? Please help!

Perfectly normal. I remember telling myself I didn't need surgery to use will power and diet plans.

Then, after a few fills and few months lter, it all stated to fall in place.

Hang in there, it will get easier as you progress.

While I agree that getting more fills will help make your journey a bit easier, the band isn't going to stop you from 'compulsively gorging' yourself. You have to practice some will power and self control to not eat just because you can.

There is Head Hunger, and Hunger.

If your stomach does not Growl, then your really not as hungry as you think.

Don't make a animal out of yourself.

Tell your stomach when you are Hungry, then I will feed you !"

Don't just feed it non stop. You will regret it in the long run.

I'm sure another fill would not hurt either.....

But you must learn control !

Go for a walk, Window Shopping for the nicer cloths, Find a Hobby, but keep busy.

this will help. Also Protein kills Hunger ! Remember that when you eat.

Drink Water it fills you up!! I know how you feel I've there myself. Then I had to sit down and realize what I was doing to myself.

The band is a tool. It can't help you make better choices. That is why some people fail. You have to be willing to put in the work with it and start changing your habits? 6 weeks out is the time to really start thinking about exercise. Have you started a fitness plan yet?

You can do this. You want to change. Otherwise why have surgery. It won't do it for you. You have to do it with it :) Good luck

I am in the same place as you. I've only had 2 fills and sometimes I feel like I could chew my arm off. I was doing the same as you for a while and then the will power slowly set it. Now I drink a LOT of Water and if I just can't stand it I will get a healthy snack like yogurt to hold me over. I'm still new and trying to adjust just like you, but try to remember, Protein first, then veggies. It will help keep you full longer. I am also considering going back to see the nutritionist again. Sometimes I feel like I have all the rules mixed up and need to be refreshed. Good Luck! And don't beat yourself up, starting fresh again is a good way to get back on track.

Banded in 2009. Took me four fills to feel restriction. I am perplexed why, but glad it finally happened. I could eat a Thanksgiving dinner after my first three fills. Then this last one-restricted! I am so glad I didn't give up.

I am 6 weeks post op. I have had one fill but I still feel NO RESTRICTION. For the last 2 days I have been eating everything not nailed down. I feel like a failure and I am starting over on all liquids today. Has anyone else had issues like this???? Please help!

Dolce, I would suggest that you get a therapist who specializes in eating disorders or check out FAA or OA. You may have a food addiction.