Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long should I wait?

I had surgery on 8/17 with my first fill of 3cc on 9/8. I noticed within 3 days that I was eating small portions, but becoming hungry again soon after (about an hour or 2 later). I have seen mentioned a few times that it takes a few weeks for a fill to 'work' and to notice a difference in how much and how often you are eating. I dont really understand that because I would think it would be an instant feeling after the swelling goes down.

After my fill I did 24 hrs of liquid and lost 2 lbs. On Sunday night and all day Monday (yesterday) I could not stop eating, even when I knew I wasnt hungry and was feeling uncomfortably full. Hopped on the scale this morning and I gained about a lb and a half. :(

Today I have been better with my eating. I've eaten oatmeal for Breakfast, had a string cheese for a snack, then a Healthy Choice meal for lunch. (540 calories total).

So, my question for all you out there in bandster land, how long should I wait to go in for another fill? I'm afraid if I a month, I might gain back the rest of the 2lbs I lost PLUS more (because I suck at eating right :angry: )

you need to watch your sodium intake many of those meals are very high in sodium.

I had surgery on 8/17 with my first fill of 3cc on 9/8. I noticed within 3 days that I was eating small portions, but becoming hungry again soon after (about an hour or 2 later). I have seen mentioned a few times that it takes a few weeks for a fill to 'work' and to notice a difference in how much and how often you are eating. I dont really understand that because I would think it would be an instant feeling after the swelling goes down.

After my fill I did 24 hrs of liquid and lost 2 lbs. On Sunday night and all day Monday (yesterday) I could not stop eating, even when I knew I wasnt hungry and was feeling uncomfortably full. Hopped on the scale this morning and I gained about a lb and a half. :(

Today I have been better with my eating. I've eaten oatmeal for breakfast, had a string cheese for a snack, then a Healthy Choice meal for lunch. (540 calories total).

So, my question for all you out there in bandster land, how long should I wait to go in for another fill? I'm afraid if I a month, I might gain back the rest of the 2lbs I lost PLUS more (because I suck at eating right :angry: )

I think your answer might be found in your last sentence...." I suck at eating right " ?? I was banded on

7/21/11 and have had 2 fills (2nd one 4 days ago)...and I know I am no there yet because I am starting

to feel hungry between meals and feel that I could eat whatever I wanted....WRONG !!

I use to use food as a crutch for whatever ailed me...work...relationship...etc and the next thing I knew

I was morbidly obese....gawd I still cringe when I see those 2 words...I knew I was " heavy" but not those

2 dreaded words...blah !!

My point is you HAVE to change your mindset as difficult as it sounds....you are fighting your band for

whatever reason...you cannot and must not give in to mindless eating...that is what got most of us into

trouble to begin with.

As most everyone here will tell you...and trust me I get tired of hearing it...the band is a TOOL...not a

a magic pill that we can take and poof...bye-bye pounds !! I couldn't lose all the weight I gained...so

I made a commitment to myself that I was going to make the band work..especially since the money

was coming out of my pocket...is it difficult...hell yes...is it a lifestyle change...double hell yes ...lol !!

Please be patient and remember why you made the decision to get the band....most importantly tho

is work with your Dr....each one of is different and each one of us responds differently to this procedure.

Me personally...I will not weigh myself until the Dr does every 2 weeks...we can yo yo some so why

beat yourself up over a 1/2 pound here or there. I do measure once a week and keep a journal...the

inches come off much faster than the pounds I have found and it is so gratifying for me.

Go to MyFitnessPal.com and start tracking everything....and I mean everything you put in your mouth

and you will freak out when those innocent little Snacks or rewards add up to a whole lot of calories!!

I wish you luck my friend...hope this helps you on your journey.....Stevo

You said, "I could not stop eating, even when I knew I wasnt hungry and was feeling uncomfortably full."

To me, that says that you have issues you need to deal with before the band will ever help you.

See a therapist and figure out why you're doing that. Are you afraid to be thinner? Are you afraid what people will say? Do you see yourself as permanently fat? Are you addicted to food? Are you exercising? Are you eating the right kind of foods (the other poster is right, what you're eating is really high in salt).

You need to see someone and talk to them to figure out what your other issues are - this is something we should all do. The band isn't a magic tool, it is just a little prompt. You have to do all the work.