Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any men getting ready for Sept banding?

I lost 14lbs on the first 9 days on the pre-op diet. i get my banding on Wed and I can't wait. I will make a post as soon as I get home from the hospital.

Best of luck on wednesday Eric..... good times ahead!

I wish you all could see this huge smile on my face tight now!!!

I just left my docs office for my 1 week post-op check-up... They had me weigh in & I'm down 13.4 pounds in my first week!!!!!

Best of luck on wednesday Eric..... good times ahead!

Thanks for the wishes. I will keep you all informed of things as they progress.;)

I just left my docs office for my 1 week post-op check-up... They had me weigh in & I'm down 13.4 pounds in my first week!!!!!

Great news I hope to make that kind of progress after my op.

Wow that's super news I can't wait till i am done. 57 Hours till I am Banded. :-)

Keep up the good work

Jon

Jon, the purpose of the liquid diet is to try and shrink your liver. It is a very large organ, sitting all the way across your midsection, blocking access to your upper stomach. It needs to be moved out of the way during surgery, so the band can be more easily placed around the upper stomach. Your liver can be reduced in size by as much as 15%, making your surgeon's job easier, damage to your insides less likely, and your recovery easier.

Hang in there - you'll be done with it soon enough.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Oh I know it. I am just whining haha. I am counting the hours til I get it have to be at the Hosp at 6am on Friday. OMG I have never been thin. I am so excited

Best Regards

Jon

Getting ready for the big day tomorrow..... I had me one beer last night, just for old time sakes! Hope I didnt screw anyting up, just needed to chug one since that will be a thing of the past.

Getting ready for the big day tomorrow..... I had me one beer last night, just for old time sakes! Hope I didnt screw anyting up, just needed to chug one since that will be a thing of the past.

I had my 1 week post-op follow up yesterday & they told me that I'm ok to drink alcohol again. They even said an occasional beer here or there is ok, but did highly discourage it because of it being empty calories. So, I had a small glass of scotch last night instead! It was so nice!

Congratulations on your weights loss so far. I know you havent had a fill yet, but do you get hungry?

I had my 1 week post-op follow up yesterday & they told me that I'm ok to drink alcohol again. They even said an occasional beer here or there is ok, but did highly discourage it because of it being empty calories. So, I had a small glass of scotch last night instead! It was so nice!

Congratulations on your weights loss so far. I know you havent had a fill yet, but do you get hungry?

I have been hungry a couple times so far. For some reason on the evening of night 5/morning of day 6 I was hungry, but nothing much since then.

Good...good luck!

I have been hungry a couple times so far. For some reason on the evening of night 5/morning of day 6 I was hungry, but nothing much since then.

Had my surgery at 8am and got home at 6pm. It went textbook perfect. Just a little pain from the port placement and the gas pain in my left shoulder, but I am well. The surgical team was fantastic!!! more later

Hope your procedure goes well today. Let us know how you get on. A week from today for me! Gary

Had my surgery at 8am and got home at 6pm. It went textbook perfect. Just a little pain from the port placement and the gas pain in my left shoulder, but I am well. The surgical team was fantastic!!! more later

So glad it all went well Eric. Let us know how things progess and lessons learned........a week to go for me, excited!

Well this is it. I go in at 6am. Hoping all goes well