Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any men getting ready for Sept banding?

Hi Everyone, This site has been really useful to me but I would really like to communicate with any men out there, who, like myself are getting ready for a band this month. I live in Scotland and I start my pre op diet this Wednesday 15th with my op set for the 29th. I am both looking forward to it but not maybe the diet I need to follow for the next 2 weeks. I can see a few bad moods coming on!

Hey Gashman - Im scheduled for the 22nd, starting my diet today! Hope these Protein shakes, and sugar free Jello's can keep me satisfied. I also plan on starting to exercise today. I'm like you think I'm gonna be cranky from time to time. Hope i can make it....!

Hey Gashman - Im scheduled for the 22nd, starting my diet today! Hope these Protein shakes, and sugar free Jello's can keep me satisfied. I also plan on starting to exercise today. I'm like you think I'm gonna be cranky from time to time. Hope i can make it....!

Excellent, the exercise thing is probably a good shout, it may keep the mind focussed. I was quite pleasantly surprised by my pre op diet, not as brutal as I expected. fruit juice, porridge, milk, home made Soup, yogurt, custard.....not too bad. Nothing to get your teeth in but all in a good cause. Lets see how much we lose in the next 2 weeks!

Wow!....seems like my diet is a little tuffer. I am two replace two meals with Protein shakes (lunch and dinner). Then I get to eat 6-8 oz of lean meat, with a cup of vegies. Good luch with your diet!

Excellent, the exercise thing is probably a good shout, it may keep the mind focussed. I was quite pleasantly surprised by my pre op diet, not as brutal as I expected. fruit juice, porridge, milk, home made Soup, yogurt, custard.....not too bad. Nothing to get your teeth in but all in a good cause. Lets see how much we lose in the next 2 weeks!

Hi Gashman. I am beginning my second week of liquids, my surgery is going to be on the 19th. It's a little rough but if I can do it anyone can. Good luck!

Hi Gashman. I am beginning my second week of liquids, my surgery is going to be on the 19th. It's a little rough but if I can do it anyone can. Good luck!

Im sept 26th... i start diet tommorow

Hi!

I'm getting banded in less than 24 hours....

Don't forget to check out The Mens Room forum on here too - Mens Room

Hope you are bearing up well on week 2. I'm wondering what to do with eating tomorrow given its my last day of real food before the hard work starts. It feels like the last supper request of the condemmed man! Keep in touch.

Hope you are bearing up well on week 2. I'm wondering what to do with eating tomorrow given its my last day of real food before the hard work starts. It feels like the last supper request of the condemmed man! Keep in touch.

Hi!

I'm getting banded in less than 24 hours....

Don't forget to check out The Mens Room forum on here too - Mens Room

Fantastic, I hope it goes well and I'll look forward to hearing how it goes.

My wife gave me sage like advice on this very topic. Don't treat it like it's the last day of your life, but the first day of your new life. Enjoy the last day as if you were bound for a new adventure. I told her it was easier said than done, she agreed. Fortunately that's what's been keeping me going. The thoughts of what I what to do with this new life. We are not condemned we are actually freeing ourselves from something that is holding us back from enjoying life to the fullest. You keep in touch as well. Looking forward to hearing about your journey

I thought about going crazy on my last day before the pre-op diet... but decided that I was in this to change my life forever... So, my 'last supper' was a salad with a chicken breast.

Why not start the life change now? Why wait until the doc says you have to?

Yeah, yeah... I know... It's easier said than done. But if you can do it starting today, why not give it a shot?

Good luck, guys. I'm here to tell you this is totally worth the effort. Work your plan, work your band, and stay with it. The results are SO worth it. Check the numbers on my ticker - this can be any one of you in a few months' time. I'm nothing special, and this has been a fantastic journey!

Dave

Good luck, guys. I'm here to tell you this is totally worth the effort. Work your plan, work your band, and stay with it. The results are SO worth it. Check the numbers on my ticker - this can you any one of you in a few months' time. I'm nothing special, and this has been a fantastic journey!

Dave

I can't wait to have a ticker that looks like yours!!!! This is going to be one of the best things to ever happen to me!