Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pains to expect following fill

I just had my 2nd fill yesterday so I'm not sure if this is coincidence or what...but I have this pain on the top of my shoulder, like that muscle that goes into your neck..its prettu painful and this is the second day in a row ( I didn't have it before my fill). Any ideas??? Or coincidence??? Thanks.

We both posted this morning and neither of us have gotten responses. I got a fill yesterday and my pain is my stomach area and sometimes my shoulder to my side. I've had lots of fills but never this much. Do you feel queazy too? I feel really sick when trying to sip something. I just had a sugarfree pop and that seems to be doing OK (not great but better than broth).

I had my first fill this week and have both the above issues, feel like I'm having a heart attack, but have had ekg's so I know it isn't it. Can anyone help us understand this?>

The band can cause shoulder pain. It is not something I have experienced but I know of several others that have.Maybe your fill is too tight or it might settle down shortly.It can be caused by the tubing rubbing on a certain area which then causes pain that is felt in the shoulder. Don't ignore it - if it doesn't go away go back to your Dr.

I ended up having .5 cc taken out of my band after 5 days of pain, throwing up, being uncomfortable, and losing 12.5 pounds!! Don't wait that long if you feel like something isn't right!! It seems that my band has slipped. On the up side, I feel wonderful and the slippage doesn't seem to affect the effectiveness of the band!!

Is it possible that the Fluid did not go into the band but rather into the abdomen? Typically, when you are lying down, any fluid that is put into the abdomen moves up to the shoulders, causing pain.

For my situation this was my second fill and its night and day. I have restriction....I think...for the first time. I don't throw up or anything. I eat small amounts and I'm satisfied w/ what I eat for 2-3 hours. the only problem I have now is if I drink too soon after eating ifeel pressure in my chest. And some times I feel like I have waited pretty long 30 to 45 minutes and still the pressure. It only lasts 10 to 20 minutes. Am I taking gulps that are too big?? Should I wait longer??

Thanks

I've heard that some people have to wait as much as 90 mins after eating. Just be sure to hydrate between meals!! smile.gif

For my situation this was my second fill and its night and day. I have restriction....I think...for the first time. I don't throw up or anything. I eat small amounts and I'm satisfied w/ what I eat for 2-3 hours. the only problem I have now is if I drink too soon after eating ifeel pressure in my chest. And some times I feel like I have waited pretty long 30 to 45 minutes and still the pressure. It only lasts 10 to 20 minutes. Am I taking gulps that are too big?? Should I wait longer??

Thanks