Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction or Post Fill swelling?

Hi -

I was banded on 7/27 and my band had 3ccs. Didn't have any restriction to speak of and was starting to get discouraged as the weight was not coming off and I never felt full. Anyway, I got my first fill yesterday (was so stinkin' excited) and got 2ccs. I did liquids yesterday and my doc said I could go back to regular food today. Today, I could barely get my Protein Shake down and got stuck with cottage cheese and then Tomato Soup. Do you think this is just swelling or did they add too much? I don't want to give up and have an unfill if I don't need it but this isn't living...

Thanks!

Hi -

I was banded on 7/27 and my band had 3ccs. Didn't have any restriction to speak of and was starting to get discouraged as the weight was not coming off and I never felt full. Anyway, I got my first fill yesterday (was so stinkin' excited) and got 2ccs. I did liquids yesterday and my doc said I could go back to regular food today. Today, I could barely get my Protein shake down and got stuck with cottage cheese and then Tomato Soup. Do you think this is just swelling or did they add too much? I don't want to give up and have an unfill if I don't need it but this isn't living...

Thanks!

I have a tendency to swell when I get a fill and am always really tight for a couple of days. Sometimes I have to take an anti-inflamatory but you have to be careful with that and not take too much too often as it can be hard on your tiny tummy. I say check with your doctor just to be safe!

My dr says strickly liquids for 48 hours, so any swelling can go down. That includes your Protein Shakes, just do broths and popcicles are fine. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I went back this morning and had 1cc taken out. I couldn't get anything but Water down and that was questionable. I feel so much better today! But taking it easy until tomorrow. :)

Hi -

I was banded on 7/27 and my band had 3ccs. Didn't have any restriction to speak of and was starting to get discouraged as the weight was not coming off and I never felt full. Anyway, I got my first fill yesterday (was so stinkin' excited) and got 2ccs. I did liquids yesterday and my doc said I could go back to regular food today. Today, I could barely get my Protein shake down and got stuck with cottage cheese and then Tomato Soup. Do you think this is just swelling or did they add too much? I don't want to give up and have an unfill if I don't need it but this isn't living...

Thanks!

Same exact thing happened to me-give it 3 days and the swelling will go down. Don't even attempt solid food in the morning (unless it's cream of wheator maybe yogurt). It will get btter and if it doesn't you'll need to get a slight unfill.

Good luck!:)

Hi -

Thanks!

Hey i get my first fill on Friday 9/9/11 hope i get good restriction

Hi -

Thanks!

I was banded on 5/3. I didn't have my first fill until 9/7. My weight loss hit a plateau a couple of months ago. But I ran into a couple of medical issues not related to the band, so they delayed my fill until 9/7. I had 3 cc in the band at the time of surgery. I really didn't feel that much of a restriction, other than I knew when it was time to stop eating. I lost about 25 pounds post-surgery before leveling off. My doc put in 3 additional cc during the fill. Drinking Water the first 2 days after was okay, but it took much longer than ever before. The same with Protein shakes. Unfortunately when I went back on solid foods I have not been able to keep anything down, despite the small bites I'm taking. Some even as small as the head of an eraser on a pencil. I get an automatic pressure build-up and then the pain begins. After about 40 minutes of belching..walking around..etc..etc..The stuff I ate comes back up. I'm going to call on Monday about getting some of the new 3 cc taken out. I'd rather do these fills in small increments to find what is the best amount for me. There are kickstarts to losing weight..and then there are kickstarts...Yes, I've lost 6 pounds in 4 days, but it isn't worth this pain and aggravation. Since I'm also a type 1 diabetic, I have to be able to eat something to level my blood sugars.

Remember - sometimes it only takes 1 cc for you to go from no appetite suppressing to green zone. It can even take as little as 0.1 cc.

While some people on here get 5 ccs at a time or it takes 10 cc for them to get to their green zone, some of us are perfect with just a couple of ccs.