Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters

Hey, Robyn! You read my mind...I was just wondering about my July bandster buddies! Although, I hate to measure up to your weight loss results, and I can't, I am still proud to report 45 lbs gone forever, and 3 sizes down!

Check in, July bandsters!

Cindy

hello friends! im not much arround lately cause im soo much busy

but i have to announce proudly that i lost so far 65 pounds :)

i think i must change my ticker i have long time to do it :clock:

success and health to everyone

Hi everyone! I'm pretty excited - I just hit my half way point, so it's all downhill from here, right? (ha ha)

Can you believe we've been banded 6 months already? I'm still working on some issues (head hunger, exercise, etc), but I'm so glad I did this. Keep up the good work everyone. :)

WOW you all rock. I must be the turtle of the crew. I am seeing inches lost, but no weight lost according to the scale. Must be turning my flubber to muscles. I keep doing that and I am going to look like Arnold Swartnegger (spelling). LOL! Good Job Ladies!

hiya july bandsters your all going well, i think i'm going fairly slow 12kilo's i think that's bout 26lbs [does that sound right] i don't mind cause i know it's not coming back again

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on 7/14/05 & to date have lost 46 lbs. Only 4 away from the -50 goal!!! I haven't had any complications & am THRILLED with the whole banding process. :puke: Great to hear from everyone!!

HI-I am glad to see that everyone from July is doing so great!! I am down 55, 2 fills and think I have the perfect restriction. Wish I could get up and get moving a bit more. We have joined the local YMCA and will start this week as a family.( Me, Husband and 2 kids) They have a workout room for kids. Should be fun.

I see a few of us were banded on the same day. The 22nd must have been a good day. As of yesterday, I am down 75lbs. I have had 3 fills, and now have 3.8cc in my 4cc band. This feels like it will be my sweet spot.

Hi All...I was just thinking..where did my July band buds go? Anyway, I'm down 54lbs and excited..but question...doesn't anyone July or not have a problem with visual image? I mean ..the scale says 54 down ..I fit into smaller size (16w) but I still see myself (22w) in the mirror and am still in shock when the scale reads low cause I don't see it.. other people see it..Will the mind eventually catch up to the body?or am I nuts?...Cindy

Cindy,

I don't see the weightloss, but everyone around me see's it. I was de-cluttering the other day and found some pre banding pictures and compared them to more recent photos of myself. WOW.:grouphug: I couldn't believe the change in my face and upper body. :eek: This band is an awesome tool.:pray2: My butt and the fat on my back is shrinking too! :clap2:

DITTO!! I feel the same way. Other people are always saying how great I look & I keep wondering if they're just being nice!! :eek: I think it's because our body SHAPE is the same, but the SIZE is smaller. When we see our legs, they look just like they always did. My stomach still hangs over, my thighs still have the same cottage cheese.....need I go on?!?! Our body is the same shape, but not the same size. I am now wearing a size 16, when I previously wore a 22/24. I am still amazed everytime I stick my Buns into some size 16 pants & they FIT!!!

I'd love to know how many fills everyone has has so far? I've only had 2 & I think I need one more.

Cindy, Diane, I understand what you're talking about regarding the body image in our minds...the only way I can combat that is through photos...I took one front, one back and one side view before surgery, and then on the 22nd of every month, I take the same three pictures again. When you look at them all side by side, you can see where you've been, and how much progress you have made! The only other trick I've heard of is to put a bag with holes in it for your eyes over your head, and look in the mirror. Taking your face "away" is a trick for helping your eyes see what is really there.

You have lost so much weight, and I know you are proud of yourselves! Glad to check in with everyone!

Cindy