Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a good feeling!

I just had to tell everyone, Wednesday will be my three month bandiversary...wow what a journey so far!

I'm in love with my band and while I can't figure it out right now (so tight tonight...usually at dinner time I'm loose) I am loving every minute of it!

Today I had a check up with my primary care physician and when the assistant was weighing me in she had looked at my chart and put the weight on the scale up to 250...I stood on it and it was in the down position...I watched her slide it to the left...past 240...past 230...past 220...and finally resting at 213!

She looked rather astonished when she was marking down my weight compared to what it was last October...I just smiled...she said wow you've lost quite a bit! The young (skinny) medical assistant asked what are you doing to lose so much weight in such a short period of time, and unlike Bright I didn't tell her to eat Oreo's with her pork tenderloin...LOL...I told her and she was really suprised!

When my PCP came in she was also very suprised...although she said I lost 27lbs I had to correct her and say 37lbs! She said duh...her math must be off today and couldn't believe it! When I began my journey and enlisted her help she had no clue about the Lap-Band...she did some research at my delight and has also grown from my journey!

I have to say thank you to everyone who has ever replied to my posts during my learning stage and after surgery...you are all such wonderful altruistic individuals and I appreciate your support and most of all concern.

Here's to being a loser!

Wow Jennye! How exciting! I can't wait until I am 3 months out... what a great feeling it must have been to see the look of surprise on the faces of med assistant and your PCP.

I had a very disturbing experience with a nurse practitioner during my annual this year. She was new to me since my previous NP left my med-group. I have never had such a painful exam and I couldn't help, but think that she felt it was OK to push harder and treat me rougher because of my weight. I left out of there with a pain in my abdomen. I know that this is completely off topic :confused: ... but for some reason, your post reminded me of this and I started thinking about how great it will feel to be where you are with your band!

Hopefully I can get there in as good of spirits as you.

Thanks for sharing.

Guest Moucher

Wow- That is great news! Keep up the great job!

I'm only out 1 month, and have a ways to go.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Hi Jennye,

congratulations on your fabulous weight loss. Tomorrow I am visiting my surgeon for a checkup. Havent seen him since I was 6 weeks post op. I wonder what he willthink when he sees I have lost 86 pounds. Its a great feeling that stays with you all the time. Enjoy the victories.!!!

Babs in TX

334/248/180

-86 and counting

6/23/03

Congrats ! I want to say more, but I'm always late to the party and every one has already said everything that I would have wanted to say :confused:

congratulations on coming so far in such a short time and WITHOUT flip-flops - I don't know how you did it!!!!:confused:

Still waiting to see some photos! Well done hon xx

Thanks for all your replies!

Bright...oh...I've been wearing the flip flops in the snow...it has raised my metabolism...tell that to all the skinny girls at work...the chickens will be walking around barefoot!

I'm really happy thus far...my next "quarterly" goal is to start making better choices now...I've taken the past three months to get used to having a band...haven't changed my eating habits...now that the trial period is over I need to really use it the way it was meant to be used...getting enough protien, Water, etc...

The funny thing is though I've lost weight and can really tell in my tummy I thought I would notice it first in my face and chest (can't wait to get rid of the TIG OLD BITTIES!).

Well today at work I washed my hands and caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror...it actually for the first time since surgery looked quite a bit slimmer! How cool that was...now just waiting on the collar bones!

I promise I will post some pics as soon as I get them developed...I have two before pics and I'll take some during very soon and ge tthem posted!

Thanks again for all your support

WOW! I am so excited and happy for you and thank you for sharing your experience. What a wonderful Doctor Office Experience. Please Pray for me... I will be meeting with my PCP on Thursday asking for a referal for the band... Wish me luck!

Umonica,

You are going to do fine...I think the hard part for you was finding the doctor!