Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! Addicted to shopping

I promised myself I wouldnt do this.... But I am finding myself shopping way to much now. I am finally fitting into size 14's pretty good now and I can wear anywhere from a medium to a large on tops. I have been shopping at least three times this week alone. :rolleyes: I am buying stuff that is fitting snug on tops knowing that they might fit pretty good in a month or so. But I need to stop until I get to my goal weight. I still have 30 lbs to go and I have no idea what I will be in. I have picked up some size 12's that have been on clearance. What if I am smaller than that when I am done. I can always get the 12's alterered (maybe even the 14's).

Is anyone else going nutso on the shopping???:blink: What am I going to be like when I hit goal. I am going to have to get a second job to support my habit...:(

I am over half way and I have the opposite problem.....my husband is driving.me nuts to buy some clothes that aren't falling off of me... Last December I started out in 2-3x tops and 4x elastic waist bottoms or some 26s.... Now I am in large tops and 16-18 bottoms and I don't want to waist a dime buying stuff that will be too big in a few.months. but I did have to finally buy a few things and I was in pain to have to spend the money.....LOL

Wow, you are doing so good!!! In both weight loss and not becoming a shopaholic!!! Your clothes must be falling off you. How are you keeping them up??? I was doing good until I hit size 14 and then all bets were off. Im not to worried about the tops because I like things kinda baggy anyway.

You are getting so close to your goal for your vacation, I bet you are getting excited B)

LOL....I have become a master at the art of safety pinning..... Although this weekend I finally bagged up four bags of stuff that was well past the point of my pinning technique.....thankfully I can be semi casual at work so have finally bought a few things....mostly disposable clothes from old navy and Target etc.... But the week before vacation I will break down and buy some suitable clothing....and bras..am now 38.b.from.44 c..

I tried to only buy a pair or 2 of jeans at a time. Just had my TT and now I can't wait to SHOP!!!

I have been shopping like a crazy woman! I try to stop but, to no avail. LOL ... nothing expensive, I like to buy cute exercise clothes ... yoga pants, pretty tops ... good bargains from Old Navy.

I try not to buy new work clothes ... but , when I see something -- on sale, well ... can't stop myself. :lol:

I absolutely LOVE buying pretty bras and panties! OMG! Okay ... my breast are still big ... "G" cup, some "F's". But I can wear a 38 or 40. I have so many pretty colors, blue, hot pink, red, purple, lime green, tan, caramel, black, white, yellow, etc. I love it! And I have panties to match all of them! So much funnnn!!

Yes, I need to stop shopping because I still have quite a bit more weight to lose, but I like feeling "pretty" in the meantime. :D

Tell you what, hopetolose ... I'll stop shopping if you will. LOLLLL!

Enjoy!

~Fran

I am the queen of shopping!!! It's a good thing both kids moved out. I turned both of their bedrooms into walk-in closets! I don't feel one bit guilty about it either! I still spend less on clothes than I used to spend on food!

I'm a guy, so I'm programmed to find no joy whatsoever in clothes shopping. That being said, a couple months ago I bought a pair of jeans and some undershirts for work. At the time, it was questionable if I'd fit in them or not. I fit in both the jeans and shirts, but it wasn't pretty, they were too tight. Now every once in a while I'll try on either one to see how it's fitting. It's just another way to gauge the weight loss.

I really do need new shorts and pants though. It's to the point where I've had to make new holes in my belt, and the top of the shorts are folding over in places because they're too big, and they're pulled too tight. I don't have a problem spending money on clothes, but I just want to "get by" until I'm closer to my goal.

I'm with Floridays, I'm only buying clothes as I need them. I'm not about to waste my money on so many clothes that are only going fit for a short time. And since I live in t shirts I wear the larger ones to bed. Though I'll need to go get sweatshirts soon, since I have none that fit me fo the fall/winter. Oh and jeans, since I had taken my only pair that fit and made them into cutoff shorts for the summer. Lol

I am over half way and I have the opposite problem.....my husband is driving.me nuts to buy some clothes that aren't falling off of me... Last December I started out in 2-3x tops and 4x elastic waist bottoms or some 26s.... Now I am in large tops and 16-18 bottoms and I don't want to waist a dime buying stuff that will be too big in a few.months. but I did have to finally buy a few things and I was in pain to have to spend the money.....LOL

If you live in Florida, you need to hit Bealls clearance section, shirts can be as low as 1-2 dollars. I know this is how I filled my closets!

I am a "shopaholic"! There, I said it! Yes, I have taken over my husband's walk-in closet after filling mine up. I never thought that I would become obsessed with shopping. My husband is a "clothes pusher". He used to push food, now he pushes shopping!

He will say, "Oh, I see you got a coupon for Bealls." Between the coupons they have online and the "senior Tuesdays", I have filled my closets. I have never been a Gap person, and don't particularly like Targets clothes, either. I guess that I am a Bealls clothes pusher, now! Haha!:blink:Shopaholics of the lapband forum, unite! Karen

I bought almost nothing while loosing. I had a closet full of different sizes. I bought one top and one pair of pants the whole time I lost 107 pounds, and I didn't even need that. Once I got to goal I went on a shopping spree with my mom and sister. What a great time! After my tummy tuck/boob job I went on another spree. I've slowed down quite a bit. Recently I bought some long sleeve tops for a trip to eastern europe next month. As long as you can afford it and/or are getting great deals I say have fun and don't worry. After all your hard work you deserve it!

I shopped clearance everywhere I went! Celebrate your accomplishments............you deserve it!

I'm size (6) now and loving it!

Connie-

I am very proud of you and reaching your goals and I think everyone here is too.However,be aware that becoming a shopaholic may be a "Transfer Addiction" .I am not trying to be mean or to make a joke,but I also quit smoking 3 years ago and was warned about Transfer Addicitons.What this means is this-A Transfer Addiction is one addiciton that replaces another.When I quit smoking I started eating more (Transfer Addiciton) and now I have a Lap Band.Be aware that this is very real and can hurt you financially.I wouldn't want anyone to get a Transfer Addicition becasue i did and this is how I gained about 58 lbs after quitting smoking.

Here are my suggestions-Do physical excercise when you feel the need to shop.Shop at cheaper places and only take a set amount of money with you and no credit cards.Take a friend with you who will mind your budget.Get your old clothes to the tailor and have them taken in-(way cheaper than new) Arrange a clothing exchane at your support group locally.Set a limit for yourself-I outfit a month/every 3 months by the quarter of the year only- or attach a physical activity goal to it such as 1 outfit this month but only if I can complete a 5k ,etc...

Just trying to help.Good luck & Hugs! :-)

butterfly queen,

I was just kidding about the second job. I own my own business and make pretty good money. I wont put myself in the poor house over my shopping habits. :) thanks for your concern!!