Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My thoughts tonight

Penni..Yours words and thoughts have helped and inspired me many times...I know how hard this journey is banded and not banded. Please now that I will include you in my prayers that you may find innner strength and peace in dealing with your struggles. :bananajump:

Just wanted to tell you Penni that I haven't talked to you very much, but I have much love and respect for you!

I am appalled at the comments in the Erosion thread by some, and you are right on with everything you said!

I am VERY proud of you and DeLarla!!! You two are the best members of LBT and I don't know what I would do without you!

Penni, I addressed this in De Larla's thread. There are some people on this site who I love to see post threads and you are definitely one of them. I didn't read the thread but I have complete respect for what you say and I defend your right to say it. Keep posting and I will keep reading. I love all of your posts. Some people just CAN"T agree to disagree. I am here for you! Grandma you rock!!:dance: :dance:

Penni,

Being new I could wish I could say some words of wisdom, but I am in the dark about all that Happened before i got here ... All I can do is thank you for being such a inspiration :bananajump:

Donna

Paul's post on the other thread is award-winning quality. He was able to find the words I've been trying to say all along. When I lash out at Mexican surgeons, it's not specifically the surgeon; it's the lack of quality standards, it's the impossible commute, it's the lack of a lifelong partnership. Sometimes things set me off like a firecracker, so I lose my cool and start clucking.

Sorry for the hijack, Penni, but if you haven't read Paul's superior contribution to the other thread, now's a good time.

Penni and I learned the hard way by going to Mexico. We both got screwed badly in many ways. If we had surgery in the US, we'd have easy access to a legal system that would help us seek justice. Consider us samples.

Now's time to pull Penni out of this nonsense of swollen fingers. Penni, between the two of us, we've lost an OBESE PERSON. Get up off your butt and do the Honky Tonk Badonkadonk if you have to. Make sacrifices if you must. Instead of staying in hotels with room service menus, grit your teeth and stay with a thin family member or friend. It only takes a day or two to get back on track, so go somewhere that will help you, not hinder you.

It's easier to say than do, but you've been strong before. Call your trainer, find some motivation. Step away from the beads and towards the treadmill!

Lisa you crack me up. Paul's Comments really made my day. I done some heavy soul searching and recommitted to myself to win the battle.

I have done all the damage I can do here in Tucson at the Bead Show so I will head home early and begin my journey to get healthier and back on track.

Still waiting to hear from Biggest Loser as well. LOL!!

Susan thank you for the sweet and reasuring comments about me voicing my opinions and still showing respect. That is something I try to do with each post because I know how hurtful and powerful words can be.

To everyone that has shown me how much we are all a family here I am in tears each time I read your posts. You guys are the greatest and no one will be able to pull me away from this forum.

I, like Lisa, do not like to see the type of reactions on the other thread. I might have contributed to that as well and for my part I am sorry. But I am not sorry for expressing my opinions. I will continue to do just that.

Penny,

I just wanted to thank you for telling the doc off for me. I hate anyone trying to tell me what is best for me, I guess I think I know what is best for me and I will decide on how and when I will procede. I think you are the same kind of woman.

That's the part most doc's don't get....I AM IN CHARGE OF ME...I pay doctors to help me to on my journey. Go figure a surgen suggesting more surgery$$

I am also glad that you and all the others that have eroded have stayed on the board, we need each other! I wish I knew how to help you with your continuing weight loss...wish I knew what to say that would really help.

All the best to you, sending love. Trish

Penni Im sorry that your going through some tuff time's I' did not get to read the thread but no matter what I would suport you hands down,as you have been a leader among the LBT family!

some time's I' wonder if Im, only a mouth full of food away from being over weight again.... but then again for my self even if I had to walk on broken legs I would just keep the weight off.

I no you can do it because your head strong you will be fine good luck sorry about your problem.JOHNQ

Penni, you know I have got much for you. I know it is a struggle being without the band..All we can do is take it one day at a time. Yes I have put it behind me and Iam putting all of my energy now into maintaining this weight loss. I will not lie there are times when Iam sad or upset I lost my band but it does not consume me..my appetite is consuming me right now :bananajump: and quite frankly that is enough! LOL, thank god for my hoodia, it is helping. Just know Iam here for you, you can call me anytime. We can do this ! You can do this! You have lots of love and support here...

Just some FYI: I got a personal apology from Dr. Pleatman. It restores my respect in Dr. Pleatman that he acknowledges he could have said something that hurt my feelings.

Thank you for the apology.

Thanks Michelle. We live so darn close to each other, we really really need to get together soon.

Pennie, Lisa, Susan, Alex, other - I've been on the forum for 3 weeks only but you 'regulars' (banded or un-banded) are so important to me as a newbie who hasn't even had a fill yet. Your experiences are immeasurable.

Susan and Alex - you guys are right on the money!

Pennie reading your post scares me - I see myself in it. Let's face it whatever psychological reasons (or lack of) there are for obesity - it results from food addiction. I feel no different than a druggie and sometime feel what I really need is a 'detox' program where they lock me up and don't let me till I'm clean. But your post also reassures me that I am not alone in this.

Lisa, it's a lot easier to hear "Get up off your butt and do the Honky Tonk Badonkadonk if you have to. Make sacrifices if you must." coming from a ex-obese person. I know that you know that :bananajump: it's easier said than done. My million dollar question to you is: How do I make my mouth do what my mind already knows".

Because usually even if I'm full and have the best intentions and will power when I see IT (whatever I want to eat at that point in time) I tell my brain to shut-up and tell my tummy to make way - there's more yummy food on the way. My obedient tummy 'makes space' and what do you know I start to believe I am eating because I guess I am hungry. This belief is real hunger. :help: .......I know I'm rambling!!! But since this is a support group......................

Anyone else play these mind games with themselves then later kick themselves for losing?

* justamom *

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Penni, Just wanted to let you know that I support you and believe you had a right to be offended over the Dr.'s comments. I am proud of you for standing up for yourself(you remind me of me) LOL.. I respect and admire your courage and hope that you will find something that works for you so you can continue to lose weight. You are a fighter and you will get through this. You have my love and support.

Just some FYI: I got a personal apology from Dr. Pleatman. It restores my respect in Dr. Pleatman that he acknowledges he could have said something that hurt my feelings.

Thank you for the apology.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bananajump: :P :mad: :grouphug: :target: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :target: :target: :target: :smash: :mad: :P :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: