Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am now on day 6 and I feel like I am starving, is that even possible? I am so tired of sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, and broth. Is there ANYTHING else I can have?! I have been back at work since Monday, which was the first day my gas was no longer gas but diarrhea (I feel weird writing about my bowel movements). Today is my second day of being in the bathroom everytime I put any of the above 3 things in my mouth, and I just don't understand why I can't have a Protein shake...I think I would kill for a Protein Shake right about now, I mean how much more gassy can I get?!

I am feeling frustrated and looking for some support!

I am also at day 6. Saw Dr. yesterday to check staples and he said to start mushy food. I didn't think I was suppose to have Protein Shakes or anything for 2 weeks. When I called to confirm my appt. they told me to do the shakes. They don't taste very good, but I was not as nauseous or lightheaded. Also have lost 8 lbs. so can't say I cheated either.

Arkansasmom, congrats on your weight loss! Tomorrow I have my check up and 2 hour class they make you take before you are allowed to eat solids. I hope I get a thumbs up for mushies!

I know you got to be HAPPY !

I understand how you feel.. I went to solids before my dr said to. You know your body better than anyone. Good luck with your class.

Thanks, have a break in class. It would be going much better if I wasn't so gassey, and I didn't even drink my whole Protein Shake. I am looking forward to this long holiday weekend, especially since I don't know how my body will react to new allowed foods. Have I said how much I love this forum?! So helpful, and makes me feel like I'm not alone!!

Confession: I started mushies 2 days early. oatmeal tasted like Heaven exploded in my mouth.

Day 6 today for me, thought I needed something different so I tried to warm up v-8 with a teaspoon of Protein Powder. Was able to take about 2 ozs in 15 minutes then came the pain, I am going back to Clear Liquids only and stick with the fatfree sugarfree yougart with Protein powder. Cant believe thats all it takes now to fill me up. Good Luck to all.

I wonder if the doc meant clear liquids for that time or full liquids. The two are not equal, clear liquids the days after a fill do NOTHING for me. I don't ever have a hunger problem, but clear is less satisfing for me than wate, they flow the same. I'm sure it's just mental but when I am on them I am disappointed, unhappy and cranky! I don't feel like I had anything, my saving grace is egg drop Soup.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:" />

Thanks for the confession miss. @ Buc I never thought about those V8 drinks, does it taste like tomatoes (b/c I don't do tomatoes), or are you doing one of the flavored kinds...they have strawberry don't they?

Well I am at Day 8 after surgery and I do have to admit I am getting hungry. I have my 2-week check-up on Sept. 7, and I hope everything is going okay. The gas is almost gone, but I am only having Jello, Protein Shakes, and popsicles. I have had chicken broth but it is getting a little blah for me. I know all of this is natural, but giving up food for a month is going to really hard for me!

I was on mushies for a lot longer than I was supposed to be because I was afraid to transition to solids. However, I'm glad you were allowed to have a Protein Shake because I think that it should be totally fine after the amount of time you waited. I was only on clear liquids for 24 hours, and was then allowed full liquids, and it was just great!

@dqueen how long are you on liquids, a month? Dr. said I can start mushies in a week, I'm gonna say that my week of full liquids started Wednesday, so Tuesday may be plausible. Dr. also said that its your body, basically (what I got from my visit with him today) that I was no longer full from clear liquids and couldn't get full, this was good time to move to full liquids. When I can no longer get full from these full liquids, I will move to mushies. And after mushies for at least a week (kinda nervous about solids getting stuck like Rozie was) I will be ready for solids. My first fill has officially been scheduled for September 28th. He said I had about 3 cc's in my band right now and I was basically open.

I was told to continue the Protein Shakes along with the Clear Liquids, I was just advanced to mushies 2 days ago and to be honest, I still dont want to eat anything. I have to force down liquids and my Protein shakes, I did have 1 scrambled egg for dinner one night and 1 packet of oatmeal for Breakfast and couldn't even finish it. I constantly feel full! I told my nutritionist and told her I feel 9 months preg. with the babys feet lodged in my ribs. Anyone else feel this way?