Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help?!

Hi Everyone,

Im new on here.

I was banded back in Feb 2007 .

Ever since i have had my band if im honest i have had nothing but problems with it.

I have been back to my nurse numerous times only to be told its me and fobbed off, I even paid and had an Xray to ease my mind because I was sure something wasn't right. icon_thumbdown.gif

The amount in my band doesn't really make much difference to the effects i have when eating... I always seem to have the same problem. When i eat i will really struggle with the first 2 or 3 mouth fulls and keep being sick back in to my mouth and this will last for about 25-30 minutes. Once that is over I can then go on an pretty much eat as much as I want.

I only have about 1ml in my band at the moment i think as it got to the stage when i had 4-5mls in i could barely drink tea/water without being sick again. When ever i have my band altered its fine for a few weeks then it feels like it gets tighter and tighter.

I dont know what to do but I know that it doesn't feel right and my nurse just wont even listen and keeps saying its me. Since I have had my band a few people i know have had them and its just so different watching them eat to me, Its like they can eat fine but are full after a small portion but thats not the case for me?

It cant be that i have too much in my band because like i said i only have 1ml in it.

Could it be band erosion/ band intolerance??

Any one with any ideas would really be helpful!!

Thanks<BR clear=all>

That sounds really unpleasant. Sorry I can't offer any suggestions or insight, but I hope you get some results really soon!

Just a few personal opions

What is up with the nurse...you need to talk to a surgeon, they are better trained to understand and resolve problems

If you have problems...wait and can then eat..something is wrong. I sugguest you try full liquids for 3 days, then mushies for 3. When adding back the soilds try to measure the 4oz of Protein and the veggies as you should have been directed after surgery. This way if your throat is swollen or irriated it will give it some healing time.

As a health care provider nobody should ever not listen to what you have to say about how you feel. Being this far out, it's hard to follow the rules, at least it is for me. I am in the process of starting again. I need to get things moving again and to do this I have to go back to the rules.

You are the only person who knows how you feel. Make somebody listen to you. I can request to see the doc not the PA if I have a problem, you should be able to do the same.