Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone looking for a Fun Band Buddy?

Hello Anyone!!!! I'm Cara! I have found coming and looking on these boards are great support and valuable information. I'm in the process of re-educating myself on nutrition.

I'm 36 and a full time working mom. I teach first grade on Long Island,NY. I have 2 amazing children (a 3 and 1 year old) and a great husband that supports me in my lap band journey.

Looking for someone who will help me get through those tough dark times (I'm sure I will have) and I'm not a bad cheerleader if u need some motivation or hoorahs for victories! I'm only 5 days post op but if anyone is interested hmu (hit me up) ;)

Hello I am Dawn and I live in Queens. I am a single mom of a 13 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I am a teacher as well and I teach Pre-K. I will be banded on August 23rd and I am nervous. I would love to be a band buddy.

I tell you in advance I may not talk everyday because my life becomes hectic with two children and work. However, I will make time to cheer you on and answer any questions you may have about anything. Two heads are always better then one.

Hi Dawn!! Wow you do have your hands full! Would love to be in touch, as much as we can, Im so excited for you to have your surgery this week! Wishing you luck!! My friend just had the lap band put in on Monday and she is doing very well and feels great today. the first few days home are the worst and by day 3 I went to the movies w/ my daughter, episode of dehydration, but I am one week out and feel terrific. WISHING YOU LUCK!! We will be in touch! Cara

Do you have a blackberry? maybe we can BBM?

Hey Cara I don't have a black berry but I do text...... I know that does not help. I went to pre op testing today and a mandated class that all patients have to attend. I learned a lot and it made me feel as though I am ready for this journey..... I know I have to make the right food choices and I truly have to deal with my emotions so that I can make a change for life with my lapband tool.

I had to weigh in as well and I have lost weight on my pre op diet!!!! I was 272 and I am now 264.... I lost 8 pounds!!! I will take that and ready for some more..... I will keep in touch and write to you as much as possible.

I have my surgery August 23rd on Tuesday and when I feel up to it we can meet up and exchange numbers.

I am glad you are doing well and keep up the good work!!!

Yahoo!! Great success 8 lbs gone. I know I said 'wow I lost 12 not much of a big deal' but YES it is...12 lbs that is gone and not coming back. i'm finding it tiring with 2 kids to chase with so little caloiesin me..only every now and then, I go-go-go all day then around nap time I get tired LOL How are you being a single mom with 3 kids?? whew..im here if you wanna vent! I applaude you so much, I have 2 handfuls. Lots of work all on your shoulers. Well, best of luck soon..a few days..please check in after surery when you can. WISHING YOU GREAT SUCCESS and at least we can swap teaching, child, and lap band stories LOL Good Luck Tuesday!! BTW where do you live in Queens?

I have two children... Just a boy and a girl. It is hard sometimes being a single parent..... I get upset with myself. I feel that all children deserve to have both parents. It is a lot of hard work being a parent and teacher. I live in Bayside Queens and I work in Whitestone.

I am excited about the surgery and I my doctor cleared me today. I am nervous but I know God is going to help me as much as he can. Thank you for the best wishes!!!

How is it so far with the lap band???? Is it helping you??

I have so much energy lately. I have to admit I'm barely eating since my dr has me on a 2 week liquid diet, but I'm down 14 lbs since the surgery. I'm 10 days post op tmrw and feel great. The first 3 days were rough but after that I have mo regrets about the band.

I went to a party today tons of food, drink, did I say tons of food? Lol yes it would've been nice to have a bite but I feel in the 9 days I have changed my life so much. No pressure with the food, there was pizza for the kids and yeah it looked good but with the band I don't have a desire to eat the carbs and junk I used to.

It will be very hard for us going back to school. My friends and I go out to eat every Friday ( see my post in post op) and Im unsure about lunch with the girls. What to get? Will they critic my choice, will I be strong enough to get the "right thing" for lunch. I will plan all my meals and take lunch for Fridays for the first month and see how it goes. You know were so busy anyway the first month. I struggle with 2 kids alone the days my husband works he is out all day 7-7 gets home at 8pm, so I'm usually trying to keep busy so I dont go nanas with the kids alone. How old are your kids? When do u report for school? Set up classroom? I have 2 kids boy, Frank who will be one on 9/1 and my daughter was 3 in June, so my kids are babies lol I go back on 8/29 for staff development :( keep in touch!!! I will check in and talk to u before your surgery.

I am very nervous and scared about the surgery....... Everything is ready to go as far as pre op things and insurance approval. However, I am not ready... I am scared.... So many people have side effects and have to get the band removed. I wonder if I am going to be one of those people.

I am glad that you are doing well!!!! I think you will make the right choices when you go out to eat with your co workers. If they ask just let them know you are making healthy choices to keep up with your little ones. They can't fault you about that.

I joined Bally"s Gym for one year... It only cost me 239...... that is a great deal. I got it through AFT benefits if you are interested.

I go back to walk September 6..... I am not rushing in before that. The students come back to school on September 8th. I don't have many friends in my school.... a lot of the teachers in my school are snobs and we don't get along. So I don't have to worry about any lunch dates. lol

My daughter is 13 and my son is 7. My daughter is a dream!!! My son is a handful.... He has ADHD and has reading difficulties. When I talk to my son he knows everything.... He has spent the summer with my parents because he said I am boring.

I was soo excited for the surgery. The last 3 days before the surgery I was a mess. Nerves, couldnt concentrate (prolly lack of food) i was doubting my decision and questioned what I was doing. couldnt sleep the night before. The morning of the surgery I was fine then laying there on the OR table I began to say "what am I doing" I was thinking of getting up and walking away. It was not as bad as I thought thus far the whole experience.

I think it is only natural and you wouldnt be human if you didnt think about it and then over think it doubt it or get scared, nervous, excited. You are taking a risk, a surgery that you dont know what the results will be. I can say that as a working mom of 2...You are stronger than anything. You must be one tough mama to care so much for your children, work a full day with little ones and still have time for you. i bet you dont but this surgery is all about you and starting a new. making a new and healthier happier you. You will be a better mom, active teacher, happier self and definitely hotter looking you!

I had gestational diabetes with my son and that scared me. i wanted to do something about my weight. It did kinda suck to commit to the surgery but I know plenty of people (my cousin, neighbor, 2 coworkers, friends mom) who have all had the surgery and NONE of them regret it and all look terrific and HAPPIER! Which is what you will be. The fist 3 days is kinda rough but after that piece of cake. You got it!!!! Im here to vent to or ease your nerves. I will be thinking of you Tuesday. What time do you go in???

Hello Anyone!!!! I'm Cara! I have found coming and looking on these boards are great support and valuable information. I'm in the process of re-educating myself on nutrition.

I'm 36 and a full time working mom. I teach first grade on Long Island,NY. I have 2 amazing children (a 3 and 1 year old) and a great husband that supports me in my lap band journey.

Looking for someone who will help me get through those tough dark times (I'm sure I will have) and I'm not a bad cheerleader if u need some motivation or hoorahs for victories! I'm only 5 days post op but if anyone is interested hmu (hit me up) ;)

Hello Cara though we are not in the same state are dates are farly close. I get me band on September 1st. I would love to have a cheerleader and be a support buddy to you. I hope you are getting around and feeling better day by day. So excited for the both of us. I am a single man of a grown 29 year old and no real support so hope you'll be in touch.

:rolleyes:

Good Luck today Dawn!! I was thinking of you this morning. i started to type but my son woke screaming and had to close out. Well lots of luck and prayers to you with speedy recovery thoughts. be in touch soon and hope to hear from you post op when you can.

Hello Cara though we are not in the same state are dates are farly close. I get me band on September 1st. I would love to have a cheerleader and be a support buddy to you. I hope you are getting around and feeling better day by day. So excited for the both of us. I am a single man of a grown 29 year old and no real support so hope you'll be in touch.

:rolleyes:

Hey Catson!! Sure, would love to help! Thats why we are all here right? Whats your name? where ya from? Your date is closing in!!! Are you on a pre op liquid diet?

Hey Cara, I am doing well.... The surgery was not as bad as I thought it was going to be!!! I survived. I really was nervous and scared to say the least. I am glad that my mother and girlfriend went with me. I don't think I would have made it on my own.

Most of all I am glad that GOD was in control of everything. I am healing well and I only have one incision.... Not much pain at all!!

Did you have one incision as well???

Hello new person to our buddy banded group..... Tell us your name and stuff. We would love to get to know you!!!

Hello Cara,

I am Agnes. I live in Virginia. I too, had my surgery on August 11. First couple of days were a little rough, but I am doing great now. Just yesterday, I had my 2 week followup appt and they said I could eat some food now- mushies and soft but never the less FOOD, so I was pretty excited about that. I am hunkered down today waiting for Hurricane Irene to come through. I guess you are preparing for the same thing. Good luck with your journey. Keep in touch!

Hey Dawn!! Glad to hear all went well and your feeling good. I know what you mean about working yourself up before the surgery and now 2 weeks later I feel great! Minus this hurricane situation. I actually am under mandatory evacuation right now and already packed. Im going to the north shore of Long island to my friends. Please be safe in Queens. Wishing the best for all of us and definitly know God will guide us through not only our lap band journey, this storm, and in life.

HELLO AGNES!!! Welcome to the group. We are similar in dates! How are you feeling? I started yogurt, cottage cheese stuff on Wed. I definitly still feel very hungry, I tried eating meat and it hurt. Makes me not want anything like that again. I go for my fill on sept 16th, I cant wait!! Stay safe all from this hurricane, it is affecting so many East Coasters. Im leaving my house in 2 hours and not sure when i will be back, no power, no water...may be days. Stay strong and more importantly stay safe!!!!!!!!!! Cara