Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too much Morning Restriction Anyone

The gal that lost 142 pds couldn't eat breakfast either. I on the other hand have no problem :0( But what she would do is have juiced veggies or juiced fruit. If you don't have a juicer & want to stay were you are with your fill, maybe try V8 or Protein Shakes. Or maybe even buy a juicer. Good luck

I just had my 4th fill (3.5cc) and I'm having trouble eating peroid. I can barely drink anything in the morning, much less drink something thick. I can eat a couple of bites several times a day. I've got a bad cold right now, so after I'm well, I will see if I need to have some taken out. I was at 3cc until last Wed. (since Wed I have lost 5lbs). My husband was banded 1/25 and 7 days later he's lost 15 lbs........I hate him :) 4 1/2 months for me and I've only lost 30 total.

I cannot eat after waking up. Doesn't matter if it is morning or night. I keep wierd sleeping schedules because of work but for the first 3-4 hours after waking, it is liquids only. And only room temp or warm liquids. I have been this way since my fill. I don't mind it much though since I have lost so much. By the time dinner rolls around, I only fight one meal to be good.

I cant eat and I can hardly drink anything either upon waking..

and it takes a good couple hours to drink and many more to "eat" anything,.

IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!

I have been unable to sip in the AM and able to eat anything in the PM

I think such extreem's in restriction is NOT FAIR.. (it still holds me accountable at night and I got the band becasue I have failed to have that control for like 20 years.

I STILL think if people have EXTREEM differences in the am and the PM.. (NOT THE NORMAL kind but EXTREEM kind) should get some assistance with antiinflamitory meds (or whatever??)

.. simply becasue we (ME) choke on a sip of juice upon waking, we can only have Soup and milk (or such) for hours and hours and then at night we can get mushies in THEN come midnight we can eat all kinds of foods and solids...

WE CANT get a fill to help out the night time lack of restrcition or else we would choke on our saliva all morning or while we were sleeping..

Grrrrr

Its a big issue with me.

Guest monkey55037

I have not been able to eat when I wake up since being banded I got banded in December of 03 I have had same fill amount of 3 and have been at my goal weight for over a year

Dont have a clue as to why it is some can't eat in the morning.

I can only eat solids between 10-12 in the morning and fromm 4-7 at night. solids any other time can result in standing bent over and drooling like a wet mouth saint benard.

Does anyone know the reason behind morning restriction?

For most bandsters the reason is swelling around the band that occurs overnight. Once the swelling goes down, you can eat.