Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today starts a new day and I have been having a hard time getting my Proteins in. SO this am I had blueberry oatmeal for Breakfast and I added a tablespoon of unflavored Protein Powder and 1/2 c skim milk to it and it was tolerable. Maybe this will help me reach my Protein needs. Since being banded on 6/23 I have lost 21 lbs which is an average of 3 lbs a week although I have had weeks of no loss at all. I have been researching ways to have a high protein diet that is doable in the portions that I am able to take in. I am supposed to be eating 3-4 ounces of protein 2 meals a day but am not successful yet. I am only able to eat about 2 ounces. I am not complaining because I have not had a fill yet and am 7 weeks out and not feeling hungry like most that I read on here so for that I am grateful but I think that my progress would be better if I could manage to get my protein numbers up. I am going to start blogging because I think it will help me with the feelings that I am having and not able to understand yet. Somedays I feel good, someday worn down, and somedays just plain old frustrated but I am learning to take it one day at a time which is necessary through this journey I guess... patience and one day at a time. I think this band is going to be the tool I needed and I think it is going to save my life and help me to be the healthier person i want to be. Yesterday I was overwhelmed with emotions and I cried for a little bit when talking to my partner about things I was feeling. But today I feel better so maybe I just needed to get those feelings off my chest... today is a new day and tomorrow will be too so hope I am able to make the most of all of it... have a great day every one and lose a little of yourselves today :)

So today starts a new day and I have been having a hard time getting my Proteins in. SO this am I had blueberry oatmeal for breakfast and I added a tablespoon of unflavored Protein powder and 1/2 c skim milk to it and it was tolerable. Maybe this will help me reach my Protein needs. Since being banded on 6/23 I have lost 21 lbs which is an average of 3 lbs a week although I have had weeks of no loss at all. I have been researching ways to have a high protein diet that is doable in the portions that I am able to take in. I am supposed to be eating 3-4 ounces of protein 2 meals a day but am not successful yet. I am only able to eat about 2 ounces. I am not complaining because I have not had a fill yet and am 7 weeks out and not feeling hungry like most that I read on here so for that I am grateful but I think that my progress would be better if I could manage to get my protein numbers up. I am going to start blogging because I think it will help me with the feelings that I am having and not able to understand yet. Somedays I feel good, someday worn down, and somedays just plain old frustrated but I am learning to take it one day at a time which is necessary through this journey I guess... patience and one day at a time. I think this band is going to be the tool I needed and I think it is going to save my life and help me to be the healthier person i want to be. Yesterday I was overwhelmed with emotions and I cried for a little bit when talking to my partner about things I was feeling. But today I feel better so maybe I just needed to get those feelings off my chest... today is a new day and tomorrow will be too so hope I am able to make the most of all of it... have a great day every one and lose a little of yourselves today :)

It didn't take you long to figure this whole thing out at all. So I have a feeling that you are going to go far, as long as you understand that this band is a one day at a time tool.

Some days I can eat, and some i can't ! on those can't days,,,, I just thin out my shakes, so it's a little easier going down.

You will get to the point where you can get it what is required of you, but don't push it... You will get there...

The up and down thing. I am not sure if you are speaking about the HORMORNAL factor it Obesity bothering you (CAUSE IT CAN) or if your just tired or beat feeling.

If that's it are you on any chewable Vitamins?

We were all put on FLINTSTONES COMPLETE with CHOLINE. I chew 4 a day and it keeps me rolling. Just like Gas in the Tank ! I'm ready for anything.

You might want to keep that in mind. But it must be the COMPLETE or they won't work. Also off brands just don't have the kick that these do. Keep that in mind.

I buy them when there on sale BOGO, plus take in a coupon from there website, and save a Dollar or 2.

Good Health to you, Shirley.

Shirley,

I take the Centrum Complete chewable adult Vitamins 2 a day as ordered...

thanks for your feedback :)

Heidi

It didn't take you long to figure this whole thing out at all. So I have a feeling that you are going to go far, as long as you understand that this band is a one day at a time tool.

Some days I can eat, and some i can't ! on those can't days,,,, I just thin out my shakes, so it's a little easier going down.

You will get to the point where you can get it what is required of you, but don't push it... You will get there...

The up and down thing. I am not sure if you are speaking about the HORMORNAL factor it Obesity bothering you (CAUSE IT CAN) or if your just tired or beat feeling.

If that's it are you on any chewable vitamins?

We were all put on FLINTSTONES COMPLETE with CHOLINE. I chew 4 a day and it keeps me rolling. Just like Gas in the Tank ! I'm ready for anything.

You might want to keep that in mind. But it must be the COMPLETE or they won't work. Also off brands just don't have the kick that these do. Keep that in mind.

I buy them when there on sale BOGO, plus take in a coupon from there website, and save a Dollar or 2.

Good Health to you, Shirley.

Shirley,

I take the Centrum Complete chewable adult Vitamins 2 a day as ordered...

thanks for your feedback :)

Heidi

Also go to myfitnesspal.com and sign up, It's Free ! A lot of us are there. You can record all your info., and it stays stored in memory, and view what other people are doing. Different Foods, Working out etc... There are a lot of creative things going on especially for food Ideas.

Take a look, like I said it's free, and get some ideas.

I am losingintime on there site. Look me up if you want.

Shirley. P.S. Glad to hear your on some kind of Vitamin...

Hey Heidi,

The band means giving up control in order to get control. Congratulations on your weight loss. Naturally, there will be days without loss - this is not as simple as opening the plug in the bathtub and watching all the Water drain out. :) The band definitely "save[d] my life and help[ed] me to be the healthier person i want to be," and I know that if I could do it, so can you.

Being emotionally wrought from time to time is only natural. You have embarked on a major life change, one which affects your self image, your behavior, your relationships and your appearance, among others. Celebrate yourself for doing what you have done, and know that today is not only a new day but a better one because of the step you've taken. Good luck!

aww thanks!!!

Hey Heidi,

The band means giving up control in order to get control. Congratulations on your weight loss. Naturally, there will be days without loss - this is not as simple as opening the plug in the bathtub and watching all the Water drain out. :) The band definitely "save[d] my life and help[ed] me to be the healthier person i want to be," and I know that if I could do it, so can you.

Being emotionally wrought from time to time is only natural. You have embarked on a major life change, one which affects your self image, your behavior, your relationships and your appearance, among others. Celebrate yourself for doing what you have done, and know that today is not only a new day but a better one because of the step you've taken. Good luck!