Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like I am stuck...

I read all your post and find some peace... I have been eating my 3 meals a day, Proteins and produce. I do not drink my calories but I do not feel like I am getting anywhere. My weight loss has staled, I exercise frequently. My doc didn't feel me still which is fine because for the most part I am not hungry. Some days I have trouble getting my Protein and somedays my calories in general. How do I get back on the losing side of this... I feel like it is never gonna get going... I have lost 18 lbs since my surgery in june but my doc said she expects me to lose 8 lbs by my next appt in sept and the scale isn't moving...

Hi

You didn't say what your surgery date is in June - I was banded 6/21 and have been struggling to loose too. I've had 2 fills and now have 6cc in an 11cc band. I can feel a small amount of restriction which is helping the feelings of hunger, but my weight loss has been s.l.o.w! I've lost 21lbs since the surgery, most lost the 1st week. But my doc is not unhappy with my progress. I have an appointment the end of the month for another fill so I'm hoping I hit my sweet spot then. I've been trying to keep my fluids up and plenty of Protein (60 gms) both with meats and Protein drinks. I think I just need to be sure to keep my calories up to 1000 - 12000 and just be patient... sigh.

I need to get more exercise, and while my knees have been improving so my walking is increasing, I still have arthritis pain that restricts how much I can do. With time, that will improve too.

I'm older so I suspect my age has something to do with it too. I have to recognize I have lost weight and while it's slow, I'm getting there one day at a time!

Maybe we just need to do the right things and just be patient with ourselves!

HTH

I read all your post and find some peace... I have been eating my 3 meals a day, Proteins and produce. I do not drink my calories but I do not feel like I am getting anywhere. My weight loss has staled, I exercise frequently. My doc didn't feel me still which is fine because for the most part I am not hungry. Some days I have trouble getting my Protein and somedays my calories in general. How do I get back on the losing side of this... I feel like it is never gonna get going... I have lost 18 lbs since my surgery in june but my doc said she expects me to lose 8 lbs by my next appt in sept and the scale isn't moving...

I was banded 6/23/11. I know that losing what I have lost since the surgery is good and personally I was pleased with it but when I went for my first fill on 8/5 she scolded me that I had only lost 4 lbs since my post op appt. OK only 4 lbs in 4 weeks but 13 lbs in the previous 2 weeks. They didn't weigh me preop but I weighed myself the morning of surgery. She made me feel kind of crappy because I thought I was doing good and although she wasn't pleased with my progress she didn't give me a fill. I honestly don't think that I need a fill at this time. I am hardly ever hungry and when it does hit it is mild. So I guess I am one of the lucky ones so far I just hope I meet the goal she set for me for my next appointment so I can leave there feeling positive and like I maybe doing this somewhat right. Last night I cried to my partner just out of frustration because I feel lost as to what I need to be doing to get it going but I think I am doing good... I have totally changed my eating habits...

I wish they would give more detailed meal plans some sample menus etc... Thanks for replying this place is great because I don't feel like I am all alone through this process...

Hi

You didn't say what your surgery date is in June - I was banded 6/21 and have been struggling to loose too. I've had 2 fills and now have 6cc in an 11cc band. I can feel a small amount of restriction which is helping the feelings of hunger, but my weight loss has been s.l.o.w! I've lost 21lbs since the surgery, most lost the 1st week. But my doc is not unhappy with my progress. I have an appointment the end of the month for another fill so I'm hoping I hit my sweet spot then. I've been trying to keep my fluids up and plenty of Protein (60 gms) both with meats and Protein drinks. I think I just need to be sure to keep my calories up to 1000 - 12000 and just be patient... sigh.

I need to get more exercise, and while my knees have been improving so my walking is increasing, I still have arthritis pain that restricts how much I can do. With time, that will improve too.

I'm older so I suspect my age has something to do with it too. I have to recognize I have lost weight and while it's slow, I'm getting there one day at a time!

Maybe we just need to do the right things and just be patient with ourselves!

HTH

Go to myfitnesspal.com and join up ! It's Free ! you can record all of your eating, and exercising. It will look at your weight, and where you would like to be, the calculate you daily calorie intake. You just stay under that, and you will lose weight....

Also, you can look at other peoples diets, and view what they are eating. It kind of gives you a idea for different things.

I am losingintime on that site, look me up.

See ya, Shirley.

Go to myfitnesspal.com and join up ! It's Free ! you can record all of your eating, and exercising. It will look at your weight, and where you would like to be, the calculate you daily calorie intake. You just stay under that, and you will lose weight....

Also, you can look at other peoples diets, and view what they are eating. It kind of gives you a idea for different things.

I am losingintime on that site, look me up.

See ya, Shirley.

Thanks, Shirley for the website. I'd seen it before but your timing was perfect - I needed to see it again. They really go out of their way to think of everything we need to be successful - don't they?!

That is so TRUE !

Iam stuck too! It does get a bit discouraging, but I keep at it! I keep going up and down the same 2 lbs. And have only lost 20 lbs not including preop diet. I do myfitness.com, I eat between 900 cal-1100 cal a day, walk daily and eat my Protein. Not sure, what's going on. I need to find something to help me lose more. My goal is 10 lbs a month, but this month it is not happening. Next week, my kids are back at school and I am going to hit the gym. I am going to try to think positive and not give up! Good luck to you all and please let us know how ur progress goes.

nEVER GIVE UP THIS IS A LONG HAUL JUST HOLD ON

Iam stuck too! It does get a bit discouraging, but I keep at it! I keep going up and down the same 2 lbs. And have only lost 20 lbs not including preop diet. I do myfitness.com, I eat between 900 cal-1100 cal a day, walk daily and eat my Protein. Not sure, what's going on. I need to find something to help me lose more. My goal is 10 lbs a month, but this month it is not happening. Next week, my kids are back at school and I am going to hit the gym. I am going to try to think positive and not give up! Good luck to you all and please let us know how ur progress goes.