Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

O M G ! What a Day !!!!!!!

I went to my PCP today, feeling a little tired, and under the weather.

So she took a look at me, and said I had a STROKE !

Me ? R U KIDDING? I just don't feel like myself.. Yep, You had a Stroke !

Well I told her she was full of it ! So, she tested me Neurologically, and,I was fine !

She insisted that I go to a Hospital, so pick one. WHAT ! Where do you want me to go?

Where ever you feel you will be comfortable if you had to stay overnight... What I'm not staying

overnight.... just want to make sure that you're all right....

So I made my decision, and went. They looked at me, questioned me, asked my husband

Does she sound normal to you? Yep. Because she sounds normal to me........

Never the less they did their CT SCAN, and I am fine... They checked my blood all is fine...

I would hate to see if I walked in there with chest pains, and she said I have indigestion.

So we both are starting our search for a new DR., or Dr's....

I would like it if he had his own Dr. ... So Internal Medicine I think will fit his needs, "HE'S GOT ALOT"

New M.D. for me, and that will do just fine.

What a Day.............................................................................

I blinked my eyes in her office, and Dollar signs should up.

I went to my PCP today, feeling a little tired, and under the weather.

So she took a look at me, and said I had a STROKE !

Me ? R U KIDDING? I just don't feel like myself.. Yep, You had a Stroke !

Well I told her she was full of it ! So, she tested me Neurologically, and,I was fine !

She insisted that I go to a Hospital, so pick one. WHAT ! Where do you want me to go?

Where ever you feel you will be comfortable if you had to stay overnight... What I'm not staying

overnight.... just want to make sure that you're all right....

So I made my decision, and went. They looked at me, questioned me, asked my husband

Does she sound normal to you? Yep. Because she sounds normal to me........

Never the less they did their CT SCAN, and I am fine... They checked my blood all is fine...

I would hate to see if I walked in there with chest pains, and she said I have indigestion.

So we both are starting our search for a new DR., or Dr's....

I would like it if he had his own Dr. ... So Internal Medicine I think will fit his needs, "HE'S GOT ALOT"

New M.D. for me, and that will do just fine.

What a Day.............................................................................

I blinked my eyes in her office, and Dollar signs should up.

Wow! you did have quite a day! Glad you're ok and I totally don't blame you for looking for a new doctor. Sounds like you were probably right about those dollar signs.

That's a pretty bold diagnosis for your doctor to assume without any tangible symptoms.

Good luck finding a new doctor

Yikes! I think you are making a wise choice to search for a new MD.blink.gif

Yep !! I think I have to switch Doctors... She gets a lot of Medicaid patients, and Free Patient care, that the Gov. pays the Clinic yearly for their care.

Now,,, in comes someone with Ins., and you plan to strike it $$$$ RITCH $$$$... -----> Well, not on my time or Ins...

That's one way to help keep getting the rates jacked up higher.

With B.S. like this going on ! If I were a business owner,,,, my rates for Ins. would probably have to go up too..

Talk about misuse of Ins., Not to mention how the patient has to feel threw this whole thing.(AND YOU KNOW THERE IS NOTHING WRONG !)

So I put in a call to a couple of places around town, and I will look them up, see if they interest me, fill out paper work, then see if I interest them or not.

Then take it from there.

Wow Shirley, so glad your doc was wrong!

I work in an eye doctors office and we had a patient come in last week, slurred speech, slightly drooping mouth and blurred vision. We were abt 99.9% sure she had a stroke. We wanted to call an ambulance and she refused, saying she was going to wait a few days to see if she improved.

BTW, I got stuck today, but that is not nearly as bad as your day. LOL.....Just glad you are ok!

Melonie

OMG !!! THATS CRAZY !!!! Can u sue or anything for mis diag? thats horrible, but glad all is well !!!!

OMG !!! THATS CRAZY !!!! Can u sue or anything for mis diag? thats horrible, but glad all is well !!!!

I'm thinking about it...

She insisted that I go to the Hospital NOW ! ! !

So I went.

Release paper says follow up with her in 2-4 days.

She called the Hospital, and said that she would see me in 3 W E E K S !

Well,,,,, if I can wait this long, what in the world did I have to run like H*LL for????

I called today, and said I want a appointment next week.

I'm not going to get screwed around,,, She's in for a ear full.

But my paperwork should come in tomorrow for new Doctors.

But yep I am thinking of it.

I know the feeling , I had a similar situation, I was having R side pain. Doctor told me it was gas pains, After a week in the hospital because the pain was unbearable (morphine thru IV was not working), they find out I have a herniated disc in my back touching my spinal cord, pinching my nerve.

I was furious, So I said something to the doctor and she basically changed the subject, I called my insurance company and they are doing an investigation on the practice.

Just something I thought you might like to know that is an option.

Going to do that too ! ! But first I have to get another Dr.... I can't be left hanging with out a Dr.... Then the call goes in, because I am really pissed.

What a way to screw someone around for money. Even the Hospital staff new there was nothing wrong.

Thanks for the TIP !

Shirley.

Glad your okay. I am a Neuro Nurse and care for stroke patients all the time. Are you sure that Fatigue was your only symptom? Did the Dr. say you has slurred speech and that is why she sent you to the hospital? Kinda weird that she sent you because of fatigue but stroke symptoms can be bizzare. In her defense. You could have been exhibiting what they call a "mini" stoke in her office and by the time you got to the hospital the clot passed through the brain and your symptoms resolved. Its better to be safe than sorry. Im glad that everything turned out okay but definetly follow up with a PCP and learn the classis signs of a stroke.

Glad your okay. I am a Neuro Nurse and care for stroke patients all the time. Are you sure that Fatigue was your only symptom? Did the Dr. say you has slurred speech and that is why she sent you to the hospital? Kinda weird that she sent you because of fatigue but stroke symptoms can be bizzare. In her defense. You could have been exhibiting what they call a "mini" stoke in her office and by the time you got to the hospital the clot passed through the brain and your symptoms resolved. Its better to be safe than sorry. Im glad that everything turned out okay but definetly follow up with a PCP and learn the classis signs of a stroke.

I was a bit nauseated, and I always slur my S's. (Dental Problem and she knows it !)

She sent me because of the speech, and fatigue.

She tested me in her office, and I passed. Yet she still said I had to go in.

The CT SCAN came back normal, BLOOD WORK the same, URINE the same.

I

I was a bit nauseated, and I always slur my S's. (Dental Problem and she knows it !)

I am glad to find out that I am Healthy ! I would like to do it on my time though...

Not know in the back of my head that she is full of it, and milking me.....

I mean this is my PCP, not someone I never seen before.

Even the PA, and Nurse new she was full of it, but the PA said we will run the test anyway.

So, I was there, and I said fine,,, run your tests, but I'm telling you that I am fine.

She said I believe you.

After the scan, no sign of STROKE at all.

She jumped the gun ! That's a different story.

She wanted me in the Hospital in a Flash, but now won't see me for follow up for

3 WEEKS ! Now, you try to tell me that, that makes sense. When follow up is 2-4 days..

So I called to schedule a appointment for next week. She's on vacation... O.K.... Let me

see who is covering for her. Nope you have to Wait 3 weeks, then she will call you and

schedule a appointment..... Well. if I were that bad, that I had to go to a Hospital NOW.

Because it'e important right ! Don't you think the follow up is just as important.

I say it was done for the money. milking the Ins...

I'm grateful that I am fine, and of course did not have a stroke.

But this was uncalled for. She knows me, and I told her I felt tired, probably from missing my Vitamins

lately, and sometimes not getting my Protein shake in for the day.

I was told "NICE JOB OF SELF DIAGNOSING !" I explained to her if we let this go, we can end up feeling Lousy. (I HAD GOTTEN A FILL END OF JULY, AND IT WAS A LITTLE SNUG FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS.) but she didn't believe me, and insisted it was a STROKE.

That's what went on.

I

Since I really don't know your Dr.,I still feel she did the right thing.Some Stroke patients have negative CT scans and usually after they get the MRI, it show where they had a infart that the CT scan did not pick up. But since your symptoms were vauge or resolved, just be careful and go back to the hospital if you experience any other sign or symptoms. Don't wait thinking it will go away because it normally ends in disaster. Good Luck!

Definitly new doctor but so happy to hear the good ending... Your okay! Geez what a scare u must have had. Good luck searching for a new doc and happy all is well