Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My program coordinator told me about Bariatric Advantage: VitaBand. I bought a bottle of 180 count "mixed berry" flavor... oh man, they are terrible. I'm about 1/3 through the bottle and not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! However, the Bariatric Advantage: calcium citrate Chewy Bites.. those are pretty darn good. I tried the caramel flavor, and it tastes almost like a starburst. I'm buying the lemon and chocolate flavors tonight. So yeah, any suggestions for somewhat tasty Multivitamins? :)

I REALLY like my Vitamins. In fact I look forward to them like a treat they are DELICIOUS! I take Vita fusion PreNatal Vitamins from Walmart. They are Gummy and so yummy I give them to my teen daughter every morning as well. I take prenatals because I need the extra folate and I like what they do for skin, nails, and hair... and having finished up chemo in January, I need all the hair help I can get! lol

As for Calcium I take an off brand Viactiv from Kroger and those things are DELICIOUS as well. They taste like chocolate frosting. YUMMY!!!

Oh wow I'll definitely have to try both of those! Thanks a ton! :D

I take the Vita Band ones also but I take the Watermelon flavor, they're ok. I also tried the lemon

I take Flintstones with Iron. :-) they taste pretty good and are chewable. I'm scared to take gummies thinking they will get stuck. I do like the Bariatric Advantage Calcium crystals and the iron. I hated the calcium chewables. They tasted like chalk.

Have any of you gotten heat from your doctors or nutritionists for using over the counter Vitamins vs. Bariatric Advantage or other medical brand? I've looked at the labels and don't see that much difference, especially with the Multivitamins. And store brands are a lot cheaper than the others. Any thoughts?

My doctor isn't picky about Vitamins with his band patients. He just tells us to get a good multi and Calcium chew. He wants his bypass patients on Bariatric Advantage though. He prefers the Bariatric Advantage shakes and pushes them hard but not as picky about the Vitamins. Go figure.

No wonder they tasted good!

Have any of you gotten heat from your doctors or nutritionists for using over the counter vitamins vs. Bariatric Advantage or other medical brand? I've looked at the labels and don't see that much difference, especially with the multivitamins. And store brands are a lot cheaper than the others. Any thoughts?

www.wlsvitagarten.com

check out the post about flintstones. not a good choice.

Also, viactiv is Calcium carbonate. We should be taking calcium citrate.

I'm with you on Bariatric Advantage Mixed Berry...Yuck! I have 3/4 of a bottle. I found that I wasnt taking them consistently and decided that is not doing my body any good. So I ended up getting some One a Day Scooby Doo chewable vitamins. I love taking my Vitamin now.

Flintstones Complete with CHOLINE.

I started them over 5 yrs. ago, and I still

take them.

No Bruises, Lots of Energy.

You can always print out a coupon,

and save a dollar or 2.

The good thing is that if one place doesn't

have it on sale, some one else usually does.

You all are awesome. I'm definitely looking into other Vitamins now. I compared the prenatals to the ones I have, and I'd have to take probably 4 a day to get close to the same amount of what I'm getting now. Plus they have calories, carbs, and sugars.. and mine have virtually none of those lol. As much as I'd like to have yummy ones, I'm not sure I can handle those right now. But I'm thinking abotu going to the Vitamin Shoppe and asking a manager for help finding a decent one, haha. Maybe he could help me out a bit. I'll compare all the ones you guys have mentioned to mine tomorrow, and let you know if those are better! Thanks! :D

There's a big fat nasty bottle of Bariatric Advantage "Wild Berry" presently sitting on our microwave with maybe 20-30 missing. NASTY stuff! I did get to sample the Lemon though, after complaining about them to my Surgeon. I do like the Lemon. Wish this stuff wasn't $40/bottle.

Its crazy but I never thought about my Vitamins having calories and carbs. LOL! Hmmmmmm.... I guess when I'm done I'll be looking for another one. :blink:

You all are awesome. I'm definitely looking into other Vitamins now. I compared the prenatals to the ones I have, and I'd have to take probably 4 a day to get close to the same amount of what I'm getting now. Plus they have calories, carbs, and sugars.. and mine have virtually none of those lol. As much as I'd like to have yummy ones, I'm not sure I can handle those right now. But I'm thinking abotu going to the Vitamin shoppe and asking a manager for help finding a decent one, haha. Maybe he could help me out a bit. I'll compare all the ones you guys have mentioned to mine tomorrow, and let you know if those are better! Thanks! :D

Try the Centrum chewables. They are stronger and have a good flavor and aren't too expensive.

Try the Centrum chewables. They are stronger and have a good flavor and aren't too expensive.

I take Centrum Silver Chewables because I have developed a Vitamin A deficiency due to not eating enough. This one has enough Vitamin A for me and it doesn't bug my tummy or have that yucky aftertaste.