Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

LOL DonnaB!! Can you say margaritas? :) Joyce & Debi started a rumor on DFWBandsters that they're going early to "pre-drink", lol. I think we're going to show up about 1:45, if you have a change of heart! :)

On the other hand, staying home might be comforting... just be sure you reach for hot tea & NOT chocolate!

(( HUGS!!!! ))

It never occured to me there were so many Febuary bandsters in the DFW area, I'm an hour east of ya'll.

Hello everyone.....I pretty much stay on the sidelines reading everyones postings and gigglin. You folks are great :) Things have been so nuts with work and the hours that I just haven't had time to do personals. Heck I've barely had time to type just a generic response like this one lol.

I got a fill on 4/12 and man has it been quite a learning experience. One day I can eat with no problems the next I try to eat what I had before with not problems and end up running to the bathroom. YUCK. The pre-fill days I never threw up...now....my third time was today. :) It scares me and I hate doing it. I'm so afraid I'm going to ruin my band. I've tried very very hard to slow down, chew well and not overate but, geesh this morning I had one over easy egg and 1/4 piece of well toasted, Omega 3 margined toast and BLEEEEEEEEEEECK. It just didn't sit right. The day before I had that plus with no problems. UGH. Anyone else have this problem?

You're all doing so great and you're an inspiration. It's truly great reading your words and getting to know you that way.

Hugs to you all and I hope you're all doing well and shrinking!

Hey Tamryn! You should check the Texas forums every now & then (you have to drill down to find it). We have DFW get togethers about once a month. And Mikey & I have been going to dinners with the Yahoo group: DFW Bandsters as well. They're a fun bunch, though most of them have never heard of LBT, heh.

Sherry, several of the people we ate with yesterday were talking about finicky bands. It seems as your fills get tighter it becomes more apparent. I guess mine's not that tight yet! Hope you get yours figured out! :)

hey gals..and guy! I have been scarce for a while...we have been moving our office and I haven't had access at work, and by the time I got home I was so tired I couldn't move. Today we had a birthday party for my daughter. She turns 3 tomorrow. I ate tons of fruit, chips and salsa, and a piece of pizza. I ate a bite of ice cream and pb'd awful. Too much food...what was i thinking????? Hope eveyone is doing well.

Hi Stacey, it seems like I don't realized someone has gone missing until they come back, and then I go, 'Oh ya, I HAVEN'T seen them post for awhile.' Glad you're back now that I realize you've been gone! Sorry.

I had my first PB yesterday so I feel for ya. It was awful and I never want to do it again. I take it you're on Soup for the week? The best (only) part about life after PB is that you don't feel hungry at all - at least that's been my experience. I had a couple of cups of coffee this morning and wasn't hugry at all, all day. I forced myself to have some soup a little while ago just because I know I need the nutrition and I didn't wan't to realize all of the sudden that I was starving! Campbell's Cream of chicken and Mushroom. Mmmm. Eh.

Welcome back.

Hi Everyone-

Back from Florida and Disney World. We had a wonderful trip- The good news is that I didn't gain any weight but I also haven't lost anything now in about 3 weeks. I have a check up tomorrow and am going to ask for my first fill. I am able to eat most foods now and am really only relying on will power to stop so I figure it is certainly time.

I will back tomorrow to catch up but wanted to pop in.

I just saw the tread, but my surgery was 2-10-2006 with dr. jay in dallas. Three months later and I have lost 18lbs.

Hey Stacey! Glad to hear things are more or less going well, heh. Hope the office moving gets done soon!

LOL DonnaB! It sounds like you're not into your Soup, lol. :) Hope you're feeling better!

Welcome back, Julie! Glad you didn't gain anything & that you enjoyed Disney! Good luck with your fill -- hope you feel restriction right away!

Hi Hanrahh! Welcome to the thread! Congrats on your 18 pounds! :) Have you had your first fill yet?

This week is proving challenging to me, so if I'm absent for a bit, sorry. :) I'm lurking... trying to keep up with reading, at least, even if I don't have time to post. Counting the days to Friday! :D

I had my band fitted on Saturday 25th February - In a hospital in London and so far I have lost 28 pounds and I had my first fill two weeks ago

Welcome aboard Cozzie - and it's good to see all of ya'll!

Sorry I haven't been around as much lately... work has been biting me a bit harder than normal.

But I think I'm back :)

I was banded Feb 20th,had my first fill April 3rd of 1.8cc felt no restriction when I came home,yet seen the difference on the before and after on the flouro.Anyways I went for my second fill on may 2 and flouro proved no restriction,the Dr then proceeded to withdrawal the old 1.8 cc.He found NOTHING.He said he didn't understand why it was empty! Has this ever happened to anyone?He then put another 1.8 cc and sent me home.I am to call if I have a problems.I do have a slight restriction now but it's only been 1 week.I am just hoping it's not a leak and this has happened to other people.Please let me know what you all think.

can someone tell me how to update my ticker,I want to get credit for all my hard work! LOL! I've went to tickerfactory and I can't find anywhere to update.

5/9-210 pounds!! wooo hooo!!

Hi Everyone-

I had my appt yesterday afternoon and my fill is scheduled for Monday, May 22nd. He does them under fluoro and only schedules them every Monday. Here's the hard part- he told me that I have to do 4 days of Clear liquids and then 10 days of full liquids after my fill. I haven't heard of any of you having to do that- Obviously, I am going to listen to him and it will jump start more weight loss but it's going to be rough that's for sure!

Welcome other new February members- It's wonderful to see how many of us there are.

Julie