Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

I had my tests done this morning...I don't know anything yet. I will write ya'll when I get them back..they said it would be probably about 48 hours before I heard back from the tests. I didn't sleep at all last night, because I kept waking up looking at the clock thinking I was going to be late for the appointment. Anway...I will check in later. Hope everyone is doing good.

Tammy: that weight will fall off after a few days of behaving...I am right there with ya! I ate the dreaded Cookies this weekend.....YES...the gilrscout cookies....ahhhh man I gave in after 3 months of not eating any!! I was up a pound and 1/2 today! We will lose it!!!

LOL, not the GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!!! ;):) Throw 'em away! Or make your friend / neighbor / kid / boss / dog eat 'em!

I'm not surprised you gave in this weekend... you've been having a lot of stress! Maybe up your exercise a little to give you a different outlet? (I've never done that, lol, but I hear other people say it. ;)) Or a massage or hottub or manicure... man, they sound heavenly!

I'm glad you made it to your appointment... 48 hours? AUGH!! I'm going to be a nervous wreck by the time you get your results! ;)

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! (( Hugs!!! )) Drink lots of Water today!

I need to change how I worded my weight loss, my higest weight was 329, day of surgery I was 307. So since my surgery I have lost 32 as of this morning. I didn't want to mislead you thinking I had lost 52 pounds in 2 months.

pthrlisa - those 51 pounds count and deserve congrats no matter how and when you lost them! good job!

I'm thinking of you, Stacey! Let us know how that doctor appointment goes! You should be on your way, I think....

That's so cool that you got to see your new nephew on webcam, hope the adoption goes smoothly! And size 14 shorts, woohooooo!!! That's awesome! And we want pics! ;)

I can't figure out how to quote Stacey from another page so I'll just quote Janet since she's doing a great job with keeping up with everyone - either that or she's figured out how to look further back than I have! ? Either way . . .

Stacey, as someone who has been down the infertility highway, I curious as to how your sister found her son, how long the process took, and how much money it has cost her? If you want, you can PM the info or just post it here. Thanks.

LBT got the edit function back, so I'll update the front page, yay!! ;) And I won't have to start a new thread... yet. :) I think there's a limit to how many times you can edit, but we haven't hit it yet!

Hip hip hooray for unlimited editing! Having whooped I will add, I'm still not going to post specific personal info here anymore. After not being able to remove my website URL from the Art and Artists thread I got scared and realized how tricky this internet sh!t can be. If I didn't love Google so much I'd be cursing it and marching in a protest or something! Janet, I'll PM you my website address as soon as I finish this Feb Bandster Post - so some time next week! LOL Oh my God you people can talk. Yes, I'm WAY including myself in that last statement. I think my average post is about 2 pages!

The weekend was pretty good for us, though I fell yesterday & banged myself up pretty good. I hate being clumsy! We're just about over our colds, thank goodness! What an awful week!

Janet! What's the deal? Is it truly clumsiness or do you maybe have an inner-ear/balance thing going on? I only ask because both my mother and I went through this problem which caused us to be clumsy and even fall down. I missed most of my Junior year in high school because I couldn't stay standing up - had to be home schooled for that year. Just want to make sure you're OK.

Oh, we had lunch with the DFW LBTers on Sat, what fun! DonnaB was there! She acts all innocent on here, lol, but she's trouble! :) And great fun! Can't wait for our next get together!

HEY! And after I was soooo nice about your clumsiness too! Besides, you're going to make everyone think I'm the devil's spawn. I want everyone to like me before they start to hate me and realize that I'm the devil's spawn. *evil grin*

AND FINALLY:

Mikey told me yesterday that you are only as old as you feel, heh. I feel 26... forever! :D

On the movement... ya gotta start slow, but ya gotta start! Stand up right now... yes, RIGHT NOW, Private!

1. Reach up high... as high as you can.

2. Now reach down low... as low as you can go.

Repeat that 5 times... slowly! Remember to breathe!

Now, standing with your arms ready to balance you:

1. Lift your right leg out -- like you're marching in a band... make the knee bend 90 degree angle (i.e. get those knees up high!)

2. Count 1.

3. Repeat it on the left leg.

4. Count 2.

Keep lifting left, right, left, right until you get to a count of 10!

Now hug yourself & say, "I did good! I move my body every day!"

You'd better be moving, Private! I just stood up & did it... if I can, you can! I'll check in with you tomorrow & we'll do some more lifts & add something else. ;) Start slow... but do something EVERY day! We'll get there!

I want you to know that I actually stood up and followed directions. Good for you for making us do it - and good for us for doing it.

Right Tammy? Um, Tammy, you DID do it, right?

LOL, (( DonnaB!! )) You so made me laugh!

The clumsiness THIS time was me being forgetful / silly / stupid. I'm re-covering our chairs... and hadn't screwed it onto the frame, lol. I was setting something down & forgot about the seat & LEANED ON IT!!!! The entire thing went crashing down... ouch! I caught myself with my wrist (ouch!) & managed to hit the chair in several places -- contusions up the wazoo (well actually, on both arms & both legs & feet, lol). No idea how I managed to hit so many things all at one time!

I may have dyed my hair over & over, lol, but I was born blonde! ;)

Hmmm... is it weird that I just saw my wife sewing stripes on the sleeve of an olive drab shirt? No? Ok, is it weird that the whole time, she was chanting under her breath "I'll get those people moving!!! HUP 2 3 4!!!!"

I dunno - it was kinda scary!!!

How did I ever live without you guys???????;)

Ok everyone in my office thinks I am a total nut job but I DID IT!!!! I even went to do some filing, oh I have to admit this, there is a chair in the filing room that has wheels that I usually sit in and roll myself from cabinet to cabinet cause standing hurts my back if I do it for long, but NOT today ladies!!! I stood the entire time I did the filing!!!! I have to laugh, its really not a biggie, but like you said baby steps!!!!:biggrin1: I am going back in a few to do some more filing and I think I will stand again!!!! wooo hooo does this count?

I am in the Spring boot camp and I am scared sarg is going to yell at me, lol, so I havent posted my little weight gain. ughhh.

Janet- thanks for the kick in the booty, lord knows I needed one! You wont believe this, I have a candy dish at my desk for "guest" that come into the office and we usually keep sugar-free life savers in it, but not today someone filled it with chocolate MINI eggs. :) I think this is cruel and unusally punishment. I have been good tho, not one piece, my b-day has passed and aunt flo isnt on the schedule this week.:paranoid

Mikey- Oh no not a sarg shirt!! Say it aint so:director:

Donna- I did it I did it I did it. I just got to keep on doing it. dangnabbit corn bread and butter! How can something so heavenly be so evil!

Stacey- please take care hun. Keep us posted and them girl scout Cookies are evil evil evil I tell ya!! Ok I think I am lossing it!:bounce:

Pthrlisa- And you went all these years and no other doctor ever found this? I think that is kinda scary. Glad it isnt serious.

Cashley- my scales moved too but in the other direction. Congrats on your weight lose!!!!:clap2: :clap2:

OK OFF TO STAND AND DO SOME FILING!! IF I DONT POST FOR A WHILE YOU KNOW THEY CALLED THE LITTLE MEN IN THE STRAIGHT JACKETS TO COME GET ME, CAUSE I THINK I AM GOING TO MARCH UP AND DOWN THE HALLWAYS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:Bunny

Hi All,

Could my fill be kicking in after nearly three weeks??? The last three days I have had perfect restriction. Like where I can eat any food I want, but I am full after about one cup. Is it possible??? On Saturday, I ate one Indian samosa (an appetizer filled with potato, peas, and onion, wrapped in dough, and deep fried) and I was full all day until 10:00pm at night!!! Then yesterday, I had 3/4 of a slice of pizza (could not finish the whole slice!!!), a cup of an Indian snack made out of corn flakes for lunch, and for dinner, I had a tiny salad, a little piece of a roll with a roasted pepper, and a couple bites (maybe 1/2 cup total) of my entree which was gnocci and sausage. I was stuffed. This morning I ate one high-fiber english muffin with Omega 3 Peanut Butter spread on it and I'm still full at 3:00pm! The scale is moving too!!! If it's possible to suddenly be at my sweet spot after one fill, enjoying food, eating small amounts of everything, and losing weight, I'm going to be very happy! We'll see how long it lasts!

Heh, stretch every 5 minutes that you're filing Tammy! Don't make your back hurt too much! (Uh oh, lol, what have I started! ;))

And good job on avoiding the chocolate! I've been good too! (But without the temptation, lol, you're stronger then I am!)

Oh my goodness, Becky!! Your diet sounds DELICIOUS!!! I love all the Indian food you describe -- I've never had most of it, but YUM!!

Congrats on the sweet spot! Hope it stays for you! They do say that after a while & some weight loss that it'll change... but enjoy it while it lasts!! That's awesome!! ;)

Hey guys.... I am finally back ;) . The kids and I drove to Arizona for spring break to visit my mom and dad. I have missed the daily updates and just spent the last hour reading what you all have been up to!

Janet has been.... Sewing??? Falling??? Recovering chairs and teaching online exercise classes. You amaze and entertain me everyday!

Tammy has been suffering with God ONLY knows what!!!! I am praying for you sister!!!! My guess is that it is a cyst or something that they can remove EASILY!!!! (Not that I'm a doctor or anything) Hang in there!

Becky is living the dream life of a bandster!!! I am so jealous... you have had the same experience as I have had all along... until now!!!! Go Becky!

Anyway... I miss you all and I am glad to be back. My laptop is in for repair, I am on my husbands laptop right now... but I should be back on line as of Wed. Hooray.

In the meantime... I continue to struggle with my ridiculous weight loss of 8lbs!!!! I must admit... I do not always maintain a real positive attitude. Afterall... as you all know, this surgery was NOT CHEAP ... and swimsuit season is only one month away... okay maybe two.... but I am going on vacation to the BAHAMAS May 15th and I have to be in a bathing suit in front of my husbands coworkers!!! UGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! Pray for rapid weight loss.

Another question... I have had what I think has been really good restriction, and yet very little results.. I don't want to go for another fill for fear of pbing and sliming even more than I do now!!! I may have to try your downloadable program.... I can't imagine I am eating more than 1,000 calories!!!! Okay, until Wed. Be good! I look forward to your updates!!!! Thanks for always being here!:clap2:

Welcome back, Michele!! (( Hugs!! )) I'm glad you get your laptop back soon!

On your weight loss... Let's analyze stuff -- it's what I do! LOL.

1. Are you taking your Vitamin supplement?

2. Are you taking a Calcium supplement?

3. Are you getting in at least 64 oz of Water?

4. Approx how much Protein do you get daily?

5. How tall are you?

6. What is your lifestyle on average? Sedentary? Semi-active? Active?

7. Do you exericse? If so, what kind & how often & for how long?

8. What's your fill level / size of band?

9. Take a food journal today... write down everything that crosses your lips & post it so we can get an idea of how many calories you're eating.

When I'm not losing like I want (which is pretty much every day, lol) I look at these questions. It's possible that you're eating something that has more calories then you know. It's also possible that you're eating too few calories & your body's in starvation mode. It's something we have to try to avoid during this journey.

Starvation mode for the body can brought on by several factors:

1. Too little water: "There's no Water, conserve what we have in the fat cells!"

2. Too little protein: "We're starving for fuel, so conserve the stored fat cells, we may need them!"

3. Too little calcium: high Protein diets make your body steal Calcium from your bones... if it gets too bad, it'll start conserving

4. Too few overall calories: "It must be a drought/famine, conserve!"

Without you taking a metabolism test we won't really know if you're in starvation mode, but it's something to look at. Help us help you!! (If you don't mind all the advice, lol.)

For those that don't read many threads, I really found this one interesting. It's in the "Living without the band" forum, though banded folks chimed in too. I really like the idea of pushing through the weight loss phase & then settling in for maintenance. That whole idea of, "it's easier to maintain then change".

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17126

Let's get the losing part over with & get on with living!

I appear to be in a posting mood this morning. I was reading the "Gone for Good" thread. They're having a challenge... would anyone be interested in a Feb Bandster challenge? Say for the month of May? I was thinking a modified GfG challenge... you earn points for stuff you can control. Something like...

1 point / day for taking your Multi-Vitamin

1 point / day for taking your Calcium

1 point / day for food journaling

1 point / day for hitting your food goals (g of Protein, no carbs, etc, your personal goals)

1 point / 8 oz of Water drunk

1 point / min of exercise

What else can we award points for? We could have "earned" points that we award as a group. Something like 10 points weekly for most supportive, 10 points weekly for most positive, 10 points weekly for most improved, 10 points weekly for most inspirational?

Would you want points for weight loss too? And/or inches? And changes in BMI? I'm not as fired up about those points, because I can't choose to lose weight... but I can choose to drink some more Water. I like getting gold stars! :confused:

Would there need to be a reward? A pic to put in your sig? Something bigger? The reward of knowing you won? :)

What do you think? Anyone interested? I'll write up something "official" if we're going for it. :(

Good Morning Everyone-

Sunta: Wow, that sounds like heaven to me especially since I can eat alot right now. I can't wait for my first fill in a couple of weeks.

Michele: Have you been exercising? I find that I could eat 4 calories a day but if I don't get my heart pumping then the scale doesn't move. I have been playing with the same few pounds for awhile now too.

Stacey: I hope you hear today what's going on so they can fix you right up.

Tammy: WTG on standing while you're doing your filing. That is just awesome.

Have a great day everyone,

Yes, Janet I would totally be interested. Sounds like fun to me.