Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Tammy: I found that my first fill didn't "kick in" for about a week or two either...but, it has now and I can only eat about 1/2 of a Lean Cuisine or a small lettuce or spinach salad and I'm full to the point of golf balls. It's nice having restriction now, but I'm not thrilled about being hungry in a couple of hours...I'd like to be satisfied with JUST 3 meals a day like that!! Of course, if chocolate could be made to make us skinny and life would be so fulfilling!!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Feb bandsters...you guys are the GREATEST!!!

Nanster

Hey guys..

I complained to my doc about being hungry within a couple of hours and he told me that If I eat 1/2 cup of protien and then eat veggies, starches, fruit..whatever else is on the plate that it will keep me full longer. He said that salads and lean cuisines (which is what I live off of) will not do the trick as far as keeping you full for 4 hours...that protien first and then other food if you are still hungry. Just thought I would share! Love you guys!

Thanks everyone! Ya'll are so great!

I think my fill may be kicking in a little...It took me about 40 minutes to get my Protein Drink in this morning! YAHOO!

Plus, I was getting that feeling in your throat when I took too big of a drink!

Thanks for keeping my spirits up! I gained a few pounds back and hadn't dropped them, so that wasn't helping anything!

Thanks again...ya'll are so special to me and I don't know what I would do with out ya!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post my 2 month anniversary results. I was banded on Feb. 15th - same as Janet (Hi Janet). At my 6 weeks I went to the doctor - he did not want to do a fill yet - so my weight loss has been slow. I see him today !!!

So - 26 lbs lost & 22 inches.

Take care,

Diane

2/15/06

282/256/150

Stacy, The Protein first, fruits & Veggies 2nd and starches last has been my bariatric centers rules since the beginning and it definately helps. Proteins take much longer to break down and starches easily store as fat so that's why they are last. Thankfully I haven't gotten to the starches since I started this process lol. Before banding white flour breads/rolls/crackers were my downfall. Now I get everything made from wheat and love it actually. They even make multigrain tortia chips now. I only eat those when I want something really crunchy and a cracker won't do. Makes me not feel so deprived when everyone else is crunchin :confused: Low fat wheat thins are great too. I'll eat those things only if I"m hungry after dinner and I'll slice a little lowfat cheese for the added protein. Then I'm not eating so many of the tortias or crackers.

Had my fill last Wednesday and I've lost 6 pounds so far. Thank goodness cause the scale didn't want to move for a few weeks there.

Good luck everyone and I hope you're having a great week so far.

So, what are you all eating for Proteins? I am trying to get more in the habit of proteins/veggies first b/c I am having the same problem of being hungry too soon.

Also, the nutritionist I work with told me that whole grains are very filling too and that we need them for the Fiber. I start my day with a low sugar but high Fiber oatmeal and that has worked pretty well for me. I seem to do well for lunch with a turkey sandwich or a chef salad but dinner and snacking in the early evening is killing me.

The only good news is that I am on day 3 of 30 minutes of cardio and I am vowing to do it every day until we leave for Disney World in 12 days.

Sherry, thats awesome about the 6 lbs lost...I ate horrible tonight. I had 2 biscuits...they were 5 grams of fat each!! WHY oh WHY do I do that!!!! Tomorrow is a new day...I am stopping that tomorrow..I have got to do it!!!!

HOw is everyone else doing this week on weightloss? I weigh tomorrow. I have a bladder infection so I have not been doing so good lately...I have been blaming my eating on not feeling good. Have a good night!

Thanks Stacey...wow I certainly hope you're feeling better soon. I've never had a bladder infection but, I hear they can be pretty painful. You've got the right attitude. We all blow it from time to time so start tomorrow anew :confused:

Christi - banded 2/27/06 by Dr. Daniel Huacuz, Tijuana, Mexico. We all need to get together for a February Bandster reunion! Anyone from Texas out there want to do that?

Christi - Welcome to the board!!!!! I just pm'ed you some info about a get together....JanetC can tell you more. I also sent you the link to the thread.

Stacey - Oh girl! I hope you feel better soon! Those bladder infections are terrible. Best of luck at weigh in!

Diane - Way to go on the 2 month results! Keep up the great work!

To everyone else hello and good morning! Be back later! Have a great day!

I weighted this morning and I am down 5 lbs from the 10th of April. THANK YOU JESUS, this band is working!!!!!! Cause my big butt still hasn’t started exercising yet! Someone come to Jersey and kick my butt pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!

Welcome welcome welcome Christi. This is a great group of people as you will find out! I think I need to move back down south, every one seems to be south of me!!!

Nanster- girl I know oh too well that “golf ball” feeling now, but I have to say I love it. It is what makes me stop when I have had enough. Just last night I went to Ruby Tuesday, I order a salad from the bar but then some chicken fingers also. LOL I got half way through the salad on my plate and the GB showed up. When the waitress brought me my chicken I had to ask her to box it to go. I am loving this restriction!

Stacey- oh hun I hope you feel better soon. I know I am an emotional eater so it is easy for me to cheat when I am feeling bad or even happy. I am tryin to make sure I get the Protein in but to be honest I am not having a lot of the hungry feeling. I am a huge Water drinker and so I always have a bottle of water with me, maybe that has been my saving grace.

Sherry- wooooohooooo girl 6 lbs gone forever!!!! I know you have to be dancing!!

Michelle- I am happy to see that filled kicked in for ya!! I get that lump in the throat feeling too if I drink a big gulp of water. I think me being a big chicken is really working towards my advantage with my band. I so don’t want to pb or slime that I stop eating at the first hint of being full. Down 5 lbs so it must be working!!

Diane- Your weight lost totals are wonderful. How did the visit to the doctor go?

Julie- Take me take me take me, I will be good and I don’t eat much!!!! Girl how do you do it? I am so jealous of all you that have made a comment to exercising and actually doing it. I have been sedative for so long I just came seem to make myself do it. Any advance?

Our dear JanetC seems to be MIA. We love you Janet, miss you and pray that you and Mikey are ok .

Ya’ll say a prayer that I will be my big butt up and moving. Ughhhhhh

Happy Hump Day my friends

Tammy - Congrats on the 5 lbs. loss!!! YOU GO GIRL!

Ok, so I know this band thing is a learning process...so, I decided to make a few more changes today.

I made some new goals for myself:

1) I will NOT drink 30 minutes BEFORE or AFTER meals (I was getting good at the after meals, but it didn't seem enough)

2) I will start timing between bites. First goal is to be consistent with 30 seconds between bites and work towards 60 seconds.

So I just finished lunch...4 chik'n nuggets from Morning Star (soy chicken or something like that...12 grams of Protein in 4 pieces)

it took me at least 25 minutes to eat (yoohoo!) and I timed between each bite...can I just tell you that I am full!

DUH! I have been scarfing down way too much! Amazing how old habits are so hard to break and when we actually do what the dr says.....OH MY! IT WORKS! LOL!

Thanks for listening!

OH!!! and I started journaling on FIT DAY!

I had used it as a weight tracker, but WOW what an EYE opener when you use it to track calories!

STARBUCKS IS EVIL! WHY OH WHY DID I GET THAT THIS MORNING!

470 calories for a :confused: @($*# :) cup of coffee! (Ok, so it was a venti rasberry latte!):faint:

Ok, off of my rant now....I vow to be better today....

I am averaging about 1,335 calories a day...Dr said only 900 a day for me...now I see why the scale isn't moving like I want it to!

WOW! Doing what the dr says and really paying attentiong....WHO KNEW THAT WOULD WORK! LOL!!!

Michelle...good job on using the fitday program. I have downloaded it, but haven't really used it yet.I know it will be helpful once I start using it....but I never have my labels around to enter in everything...so I never have the calories correct....maybe someday I will get organized!

Thanks everyone for the kind words about me being a little under the weather. I have had this horrible pain in my side everytime I become active...not just excercise but when I walk or anything. I went to the Doc for that...and they found the bladder infection and are sending me to get ultrasounds on Monday. They don't think the pain in my side is related to the bladder infection. I have had my appendix removed, so I am clueless? Any ideas anyone? The pain feels just like stabbing pains that you get when you are running or something and you get side cramps. HOWEVER...we all know I am not running when I get them!! LOL! Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Easter I learned an interesting thing. My lunch was so good I wanted to keep eating because I loved the taste even after I knew I'd had enough. That took willpower to stop. It's the first time I've been conscience of how much I just love the taste of food. I probably should have eaten even slower and savored the taste more. I kept thinking, "No, no, I don't want to be full so soon. This is too good to stop." But I did stop. Has anyone else had this experience?

Pat