Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Today I received my second fill. My doctor always does them under a fluoroscope but this time, I could actually see the screen. I have to tell you all, I have a really great doctor. I was very nervous as usually and he has great bedside manner. I got to watch the barium, as I swallowed it, go down. Man oh man if that thing is correct I have RESTRICTION! He added 2.5 cc to the 3.5 that was already there. That little voice inside my head is still saying,…”be careful whata ask for”. It is now starting to scare me. Ok now that I have restriction I am scared. I am starting to feel like I am on a roller coaster. I had a bad night last night and my head is killing me this morning. I just finished my cycle and I think my hormones are all out of whack. I am turning 40 next week, could I possible be pre-menopausal? I had my tubes tied after the birth of my last child 13 years ago this Aug and I think I heard that tubules can cause early menopausal. UGHHHHH I am going to stop my “pity party”, what ever it is it is and I have to learned to deal with it without numbing the feeling with food now!

Michelle- Welcome back, we sure did miss you! Oh we had our fills together. I now have 6cc in a band that holds 10cc. My doctor made me smile when he looked under the fluoroscope …he turned to me, smiled and said…wow you belly sure has gotten smaller since your first fill. If I wasn’t already married I might have asked him to marry me at that direct moment! Let me know how yours goes.

Janet- Prayers of clouds under your feet and Mikey’s this weekend. I am sure you guys will do great. I did a few Cookies last night but I didn’t do chocolate; I am hanging in there with ya! Hmmm your time is coming tho…….now you have to know what I am thinking.LOL

Nanster- I keep hearing that little voice…be careful what you ask for…. I asked for restriction and I got it. I was complaining all week about what I could eat and next week I am going to complain about what I cant eat. Although I am hard headed I am hoping to really learn from ya’lls trails and errors.

Michele- my therapist actually encouraged me to take up a hobby, preferable one that uses my hands. She told me that eating is very much a habit for me and I would need to find something to do to replace it. So far it has been coming here and talking to you guys, but I am not always able to do that or sometimes really I feel like I am being a pain. So yes I think it a good idea for me to find something to do other than eat, I am just not sure what yet. I am just not a needlepoint or crossword puzzle kinda gal.

Sherry- Congrats on your first fill. liquids for 3 days, all I can say is “bless your heart” . All liquids are never easy. Let us know how things are going.

Donna- I am joining the fitday.com fan club. I like the one line version but am going for the download this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone. Happy Easter. Happy Passover. Happy Spring.

Wow Tammy! Congrats on the compliment from the doctor on your stomach size! Give yourself time on the menopause worry. Remember that you've JUST had surgery... and you're constantly going through a life change. We won't be "through" it until we're at goal for more then a year.

That being said, good luck with your new restriction! And thanks for the clouds under our feet! We're gonna need 'em! (I LOVE the music, heh, so I dance too much!)

I haven't been in lately, sorry I have missed out on some of the chats. I am out of town right now, and will be back Monday. I am going to try to stay off the chocolate...but I tell ya I am addicted to Mcdonalds ice cream cones. I have heard they are low fat and so I have had 2 this week. I have gotta stop...but they are so dang good.

Hi all! Thanks for the sweet "welcome backs"!

Just got back from my fill. Everything went great. I could see the screen and it was so cool!

I got 1.6. The Dr. said I have the 10 band. That's 10 cm's right? So how much does that hold? Oh the questions I should have asked!

I am on liquids for 48 hours now.

Here's hoping that I get some restriction back! He said to wait a week and see how I feel.

Guess this weekend will be a guessing game! I can't wait to start loosing again!

I really think so much of what is going on with me is head hungries....they have been bad lately. I keep saying "Oh, come on! You can eat more than that!" Like more is better! Hello....no it isn't!

Ok, we must unite to stop these HEAD HUNGRIES! They are mean and evil beasts!

Have a good day and I will check back later!

Hi Everyone,

Well it's been a busy week this week. I had a sedar to attend in NY at my husband's grandmom's house, and then tomorrow I have to cook a sedar for his parents, and then on Sunday, we're going out to Easter dinner with my dad! Ugh! So much food! I have been sooooo hungry this week and even though I have a little restriction, I am starving all the time! The scale is not budging at all. I have been going up and down the same two pounds for about five weeks now. It's soooo frustrating! No real weight loss since two weeks after surgery! I am getting really discouraged. I wonder if I call my doctor if he would put more fill in before my scheduled appointment four weeks from now. This hunger is driving me mad. I am glad I haven't gained, but every moment is a struggle to not eat. I am very angry that despite watching my calories and going to the gym, I'm just not seeing any movement on the scale. It's so annoying! I don't understand why I'm not losing if I'm counting calories and exercising. Maybe I need to drop to 1,000 calories a day, but at that level I'm way too hungry and can't even sleep at night because I'm starving. Sigh.

Hello All,

I got my first fill Monday. It was for 1.7 c.c. and as of this morning I've dropped 8 pounds. I can't eat much which is wonderful. I'm never hungry. How long does this last? My doctor said that as I lose he'll add more c.c.'s. If I don't lose at least 1 to 2 lbs. weekly, then he'll add another fill.

I

Hi Everyone-

Sorry I am such a bad buddy. I have been kind of ignoring my band this week and have to get back on track. It's hard not having much restriction but I am trying to keep the exercise up to counteract things.

I use the regular fitday but was wondering if there is an advantage to buying the one for $20? Can you use that on more than one computer like you can the on-line one or is it something you download?

I have just read all of the chocolate posts and have vowed to NOT have another piece. We even went really easy this year and then our neighbors came over with more chocolate for my kids than you need for a year.

Sunta: I wouldn't go down to 1000 calories. Are you sure you're eating the right foods? I would probably make an appt with the nutritionist if you're exercising so much and eating properly and not losing weight.

Hang in there- also, have you measured yourself? You're probably toning up very well.

Michelle: I agree that the head hungers are SO nasty and my worst enemy.

Have a good week everyone. I am committed to exercising every single day this week.

Julie

Double Post!

Hi everyone! Happy Easter!

wannabelean. . . the last three days I have slimed and PB'd all over Orange County... CA. We will figure this out.... I AM SURE OF IT!!!!

Good attitude! Even sliming and PBing all over Orange County you've got a good attitude! Amazing!

JanetC . . . I find fitday PC better then the web version. It takes a little getting used to, but I love it, heh. Some of us might be a weeeeee bit addicted to it.

I don't know WHAT you mean. :guess

JanetC It sounds like you've got a good Easter plan going. In my opinion, lol, a planned cheat is not a cheat! :) Enjoy it for me! I'll be gritting my teeth & wiring my mouth shut for Tammy! :)

I'm PMSing & Mexican is a trigger food. Plus, I've found that nachos go down REALLY easily. (I SOOO did NOT need to know that!) I was beyond angry on Wed... and used the nachos to cheer me up, lol. Sad.

I woke up with my stomach growling... which doesn't bode well for the day! I wish my monthly would just GET HERE already & quit putting me through this!! Thank goodness we get another fill Tuesday! Cannot wait!

I may have made a joke about naked scuba diving but I'm impressed that you two have made this pact between yourselves. It certainly can't hurt, right?

Janet, nachos don't cheer you up! They anesthetise you so you don't have to feel. At least that's how my problem with food feels. I still don't know what I'm avoiding - it will probably cost a fortune in therapy to figure out - but I totally understand the anesthesia that food can bring. I hope you'll forgive me if I'm being presumptuous.

I'm getting my first fill next Monday in Mexico - I'm terrified. I know everyone says it's no big deal but my port area still doesn't feel right and I'm scared to death of getting a port infection.

Jerseytammy I am turning 40 next week, could I possible be pre-menopausal? I had my tubes tied after the birth of my last child 13 years ago this Aug and I think I heard that tubules can cause early menopausal. UGHHHHH I am going to stop my “pity party”, what ever it is it is and I have to learned to deal with it without numbing the feeling with food now!

…he turned to me, smiled and said…wow you belly sure has gotten smaller since your first fill. If I wasn’t already married I might have asked him to marry me at that direct moment!

. . . my therapist actually encouraged me to take up a hobby, preferable one that uses my hands. She told me that eating is very much a habit for me and I would need to find something to do to replace it. So far it has been coming here and talking to you guys, but I am not always able to do that or sometimes really I feel like I am being a pain.

Donna- I am joining the fitday.com fan club. I like the one line version but am going for the download this weekend.

I know how you feel girl - I'm 44 and it takes me by surprise almost every day. If that's not enough to send you to the fridge for some anesthesia, NOTHING is! I used to work for an OBGyn but I don't remember hearing anything about tubal ligation bringing on early menopause. Unless the ovaries were removed - doubtful - they wouldn't have needed to cut the tubes if they took the ovaries. Curious.

I understand the sentiment and the heat-of-the-moment, knee-jerk reaction but you REALLY don't want to be married to a doctor. I have had several friends who married the doctor and it's never what it's cracked up to be!

Funny, LBT has taken me away from my hobbies! I only have hands for LBT now! LOL Well, that and FitDay! If you liked the online version you'll love the download version. It keeps all of your custom stuff including the portions which the online version doesn't seem to do. It's a little bit of a pain though because you have to start over adding your custom foods in. It's worth it. At least it has been for me. I do all the available stuff like what meal the food was eaten at, with whom, where, and why - I think it'll be worth it down the line so I can figure out my eating trends. I also do the mood log, weight log and diary. It makes it easier for me to stay compliant when I'm able to see it in black and white (or pink!).

JanetC (I LOVE the music, heh, so I dance too much!)

You can NEVER dance too much!

skbishop78I am going to try to stay off the chocolate...but I tell ya I am addicted to Mcdonalds ice cream cones. I have heard they are low fat and so I have had 2 this week. I have gotta stop...but they are so dang good.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh! Run away! When has McDonalds EVER had anything low fat? LOL - salads don't count! I think even their salads are high fat - I'm not sure how they do that - some kind of biochemical engineering or something I'm sure! They must add it at the same time they add the addictive component that makes it imperative that you go in every day or lie awake at night dreaming of it!

Dancer Just got back from my fill. Everything went great. I could see the screen and it was so cool!

I got 1.6. The Dr. said I have the 10 band. That's 10 cm's right? So how much does that hold? Oh the questions I should have asked!

I am on liquids for 48 hours now.

I really think so much of what is going on with me is head hungries....they have been bad lately. I keep saying "Oh, come on! You can eat more than that!" Like more is better! Hello....no it isn't!

Ok, we must unite to stop these HEAD HUNGRIES! They are mean and evil beasts!

I don't want to see the screen - I'm afraid I'll freak out! Your 10cc band will hold - wait for it - 10cc's! LOL In reality it will hold up to 11cc's but I understand 10cc is the max fill for the band.

Head Hugries are from the DEVIL. EVIL. EVIL. Let's hunt it down with pitchforks and burning torches and kill it! *Sigh* If only I knew how. I'd be a very rich woman.

Sunta. . . The scale is not budging at all. I have been going up and down the same two pounds for about five weeks now. It's soooo frustrating! I am very angry that despite watching my calories and going to the gym, I'm just not seeing any movement on the scale. It's so annoying! I don't understand why I'm not losing if I'm counting calories and exercising. Maybe I need to drop to 1,000 calories a day Sigh.

It seems like I have weight loss on the days following my higher caloric intake. I'll go at 1200 - 1400 for a week and then jump up to 1800 for a day and then *poof* a day or two later I'll drop a pound or even two - one time almost 3 pounds! What's up with that? I'm with you on the frustration because I know if I ate 1800 calories every day I won't lose either.

Happy2 . . . Hello All, I got my first fill Monday. It was for 1.7 c.c. and as of this morning I've dropped 8 pounds.

8 pounds! OMG. I changed my mind. I'm not one bit scared of the fill, why can't it be later today? Wait, does this mean you're not hungry or that you can't eat? Two VERY different things! Not hungry - good. Just can't eat - very very bad.

Julie* . . .I use the regular fitday but was wondering if there is an advantage to buying the one for $20? Can you use that on more than one computer like you can the on-line one or is it something you download?

I have just read all of the chocolate posts and have vowed to NOT have another piece. We even went really easy this year and then our neighbors came over with more chocolate for my kids than you need for a year.

Have a good week everyone. I am committed to exercising every single day this week.

The downloadable FitDay has more options and provides you with more personalized information through more reports. It also stores all your custom information which the online version doesn't seem to do very well. Online won't spit back the same portion size you plugged in to custom foods so you have to keep a list of your portions handy - what a pain in the hoo haa! Unfortunately you can't access the downloadable version from any computer other than the one you downloaded to. At least that's my understanding, but check with JanetC - she's a pretty savvy computer gal and can probably tell you how to get around this one.

See, THAT's why we've built a 10 foot stockade around our house and posted warning signs on the corners where the Bazooka's are mounted. Well, that and it tends to keep the Girl Scouts away from our door. :-)

Thank you for your well wishes, I am committed to not being committed this week.

WOW! This way of posting takes a really, really long time. I'm not sure I'll do it again! There has to be a faster way to quote everyone. Hmmmm.

Hey... is the mdonalds ice cream really fattening? It is only 3 points or 2 points with Weight Watchers...and a starch/fat with LA Weightloss. I thought how bad could it be then? UGH!!!!! I am back in town and had a great Easter. Did everyone else? I was chocolate free today!!! YEAH! It sure was hard! Chat later!

:help: Hi all...Ok, I come here crawling today.....:help:

I had my first fill on Friday. I am still terribly hungry and can eat anything! Just like before my fill! I really thought this was it, but it doesn't seem like it.

Anyone know what Mexi dips and chips is from Taco Bueno? I ate almost all of it just now! I know, I shouldn't have even gone there.....:faint:

I am so depressed! I leave for vacation on Saturday and I don't want to be able to eat like this while I am gone!

HELP!:help:

I hope everyone had a wonder holiday weekend. I now have RESTRICTION!!!!!!!!! :love: YEAHHHHHHHHHH. It took 6 cc in this 10 cc band of mine but I finally fill like my journey has began.

I got that "golf ball" filling when I was eating dinner and i knew it was time to stop. I have read too many stories of pbing and sliming to keep eating.

Fear can be a wonderful deterrent…lol :)

Michelle- Oh girl I have been right where your at. Do you remember my post of eating the foot long sub and kits kats dipped in icing. :hungry: I know how dishearten it can be so I will tell you what my doctor told me when I called him …..:) now is the time for you to act like you have restriction, learn to chew, learn to eat slowly and learn to listen to your body when it tells you have had enough. For now breaking the rules cost you nothing but in a few short weeks breaking these rules will cause sliming and pbing, not to mention the pain of something being stuck from not being chewed well enough. So hang in there girl, you will be there before you know it. It’s funny I was just thinking this morning about how to fight the head hungries, I have no idea at this point. I think I am going to try to tell myself if my tummy is growling it is just a habit and not true hungry. Cross your fingers I hope it works.

Sunta- I am so sorry you’re feeling so hungry.:cry That is a tough feeling to fight, have you tried eating things that are no calorie and what some call “free” foods. Example being cucumbers. Something that can fill you up but keep you where you need to be as far as your calorie counting goes.

Happy2- Congrats on your first fill and the 8 lbs…Way to go GIRL!! You are really doing great!:clap2:

Julie- OK you know what we do to our friends that are off track…3 whacks with a fish!!:) Ok if I can ever catch the slippery thing.:) YEAH join us chocolate FREE BABES, that is what I am calling me and Janet.

Donna- how wonderful are you! You have some great advice.:typing: I look forward to seeing what you’re going to say next.

Janet- I was sooooo good. :messenger3: No horrible chocolate! I did get me some South Beach Peanut Butter Cookies and they really aren’t bad, now there not Mrs.Fields, but not bad. How did the Easter Program go? I did think about you and did pray:pray: for clouds under your feet.

ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=4674_1336368_321754_1646_43928_0_2531_62431_3241558451&bodyPart=2.2&YY=88333&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=5

After starting a new diet I altered my drive to work to avoid passing my favorite bakery. I accidentally drove by the bakery this morning and as I approached, there in the window were a host of goodies. I felt this was no accident, so I prayed ... "Lord, it's up to you, if you want me to have any of those delicious goodies, create a parking place for me directly in front of the bakery." And sure enough, on the eighth time around the block, there it was! God is so Good!"

JerseyTammy...that is too funny!! I do things like that all the time. If God wants me to walk tonight...he'll have a friend call to ask me to walk...oh and the phone was off the hook....oops!

Janet... I haven't caught up with you in a while. I know you gave up chocolate...but other than that how is everything else going? I haven't had a chance to read everything that eveyone has written.

I am going to get better at responding to everyone...work has just been really crazy lately!

Michelle, I got my first fill on Wednesday and it didn't kick in until Saturday where I ended up really tight. I'm told sometimes it takes a few days to kick in.