Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Tammy, no one knows how much I weigh except me and my doctors. My poor husband gave up on asking me years ago!

My hubby knows what my starting weight was.

When we were discussing the surgery as a possibility I finally told him...more to make a point. Once he found that # out, he was a little more understanding of why I wanted the surgery!

I don't really tell him how much I weigh now, but he knows how much I have lost...he is a smart man...he can do the math!

Hi! Thanks for starting this thread!!! Well, I was technically banded on 1/31 but since there's no January Bandsters, I'm joining you guys if you'll have me! So...

Banded on 2/1/06

Weight was 236.5 on 1/29

Weight was 225.5 on 3/17 at 1st Fill of 1.3cc

Weight was 222.5 on 3/27 at 2nd Fill -- only .5 in band (some evaporated!) At total fill of 1.7 now -- going in on 3/31 to make sure there is no leak and maybe get a bit more fill.

So, 14 pound total loss so far. Can't wait to *really* start losing once these fills kick in!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

I am not sure what is going on but I have said kinda sick to my stomach all day now. I had a salad at lunch with grilled chicken and for the first time I feel as if I am full to that little danglin thingy at the back of my throat. I have not "pbed", but I did drink some Water to try and wash it down. UGHHH I know that is a no no! I am still having trouble with the no Water while I eat. But one thing I will pat myself on the back for is........ When I knew I was seriously going to try and have the WLS done, I had read something saying people who have WLS should never drink soda again. Now I am not sure if that is true but I have drank nothing but water for about 8 months now. Now on very rare occasions I will have some Decaf. tea with slenda in it that I make at home. I have to say I really love water and I have no problem with gettin in my 64 oz a day, matter of fact I probably double that in a days time.

Welcome Xann- You have found a wonderful group of people here, but you will find that out for yourself.:nervous Way to go on your weight loss!!!!!

Michelle- Way to go on lossing the 1.5 lbs girls! You are coming right along and it is such a pleasure to read your posts!

Janet- I am not sure if what I am doing is sliming or not but I am not getting the golf(volley)ball feeling you described. I have such a phobeia (sp) about having a heart attack, I am scared I would be headed for the ER.

Sunta- My husband ask me I would say every day how much I weight. I know deep down he wants me to be a noraml size as much as I do. I know he loves me but since the WLS I can see a differences in the way he talks about my weight.

Stacey- I dont think I have ever eaten a half of anything. You're doing so good! :clap2:

Ok I have another question, My last one I promise for today.

Has anyone ever wonder if everything that hurts and aches now will be blamed on our band? I mean like me this morning, I was sliming or not, I am sick at my tummy, but could I just have an old fashion upset tummy but now everything is going to be related to the band.

This kinda scares me, I am scared that chest pain might be over looked by bandsters and could be something more serious. UGHHHH I am sorry ya'll I have been thinking too much today and that isnt a good thing for me!

WELCOME XANN!!! You came to a great group of people who are willing to discuss about anytihng!!! Have fun and jump right in with us!

Tammy, I have often wondered that about people blaming everything on the band. Like I had bad stomach pains the other night (pretty common for me even before pre-band), but my mom was like.....is that normal? should you call the Doc. HELLO......I was sick at my stomach!!! Geez...

Hi All!

We're a pretty happenin' kind of group, aren't we??? We're all pretty close in our weight losses, our moods, (our periods!!), our frustrations and our eating. Some up days, some down, but we're never ALL on the DOWN side on the same day, so we have great support!

Welcome Xann77--you're right there with us, so jump right in. Glad to have you!!

Stacey-for some reason, family members (God love them!) always find a way to cut you to the core, don't they? If it's not "that's all you've lost so far? I thought that's what that surgery was for" to blaming every little ache, pain and gas on the band. Speaking for myself, I've had heartburn and gas before--since I was a pretty hefty eater pre-op---but amazingly everything now is related to the band. Half of our mission must be to EDUCATE all our friends' and family's misconceptions, huh?

Tammy-I just found out that bananas REALLY give me a tummy-ache and/or heartburn. (which is surprising to me, given the nutrients, texture etc. of it) Maybe we'll each have lists of stuff that we have to be careful with, but CAN eat from time to time. I won't totally give up bananas, but maybe will eat it within a meal next time, so other foods can help "mellow" the effects. As far as "sliming" goes, when I had it I kept having saliva build up and I went from bathroom to bathroom in my house, just spitting it out...I was already feeling so full that the saliva felt like it was putting me "over the top". Finally, I did feel nauseous and threw up just a little bite of food and I felt instantly better. They told me if I start getting that "golfball" feeling that I've already eaten about 2 bites too much!!! In addition to the diet Coke Janet mentioned, I read here on LBT that meat tenderizer is a "staple" in many bandsters' purses for "blobs" when they're out to eat. I can't imagine eating meat tenderizer (even 1 tsp!!) but, compared to spitting and spewing, I guess it'd be worth a try!

Michelle-I'm like you with the weight to the husband...I needed to tell him during the "deliberation" about spending on the surgery. Since I've lost, he did the math too! He's very supportive, although he cannot fathom the "calling" we hear from candy, Cookies, and gooey stuff. He eats for fuel, not pleasure. (lucky duck!)

Janet-I've had some left shoulder pain...I have one spot that is "STABBING" if I get in a certain position. I assumed it was from work (I sit at the computer all day!) but it hadn't bothered me prior to surgery. The first pain (post-op) was more of a dull, but strong, ache. This pain is a stabbing pain. I've been wearing ICY HOT Patches on it this week...stinking everyone out at work!! OH, and so far, I've only eaten TWO 1/8" slices of my Snickers bar...I'm so proud. But...when I do eat a piece...I SAVOR every sweet, chocolatey bit. If only I could give up Creamer and sugar in my coffee!!!:confused: SIGH. (although I have cut back, so maybe there's hope for me for the future!!)

I'm finally able to go out to a restaurant with the girls at work and not be nervous about what I'll be able to eat. I can usually get an appetizer as my meal and I save the cost of a drink now--I just have Water with lemon (sips only, of course!!) PLUS, I bring home 2/3 to 3/4 of it for my husband!! Win, Win!

I WOULD like a Coca-Cola if truth be told! I used to drink two a day, but I've given them up completely. And bread, but that's not tough for me. I'm sure I'll eventually TRY a bite of pizza (without crust!) just to see if I can tolerate it.

I'm doing well except that I'm not really losing right now. I feel good. I make pretty decent choices (I think!) but it just hasn't cranked down anymore since the first 2 weeks post-op. Oh well...patience, practice and praying!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Nanster

Hi,

Please include me too.

I was banded on 2/24/06 by Dr. Kurian in NYC. As of today I am down -25 LBS, -0 preop. I had my 1st fill today, 3/30/06.

Thanks,

Sizzles

I've been keeping a pain diary for 2 days now, tracking the shoulder pain. I've got a ton of theories, lol, but no answers yet. My husband & best friend came up with the best one, lol. They said, "If you're not going to call the doctor, chalk it up to healing. Take the pain meds, quit whining, track it if ya gotta, and check back on it in 2 weeks." :D So wise! So that's what I'm doing. If you're interested (or bored)... details are in my blog: http://yylc.us/Janet

Stacey!! Congrats on the 2 pounds! Wow! You're kicking my butt! :) (Not that I'm comparing, of course! LOL) So proud of you for hanging in until you get restriction! And so excited that you're feeling it!!! Woohooo!!!

Becky & Michelle, lol, ya'll made me spit Water out of my nose, picturing your hubbies! :D

Hiya Xann!! You're certainly welcome to join us! :) LOL, we won't even make you fudge your date. :D Wow, you had the evaporation thingy? I just started reading about it lately, frustrating stuff! Please keep us up to date on that! :)

Tammy: I've been wondering the same thing! I've got this stupid shoulder pain & I keep blaming my band (and I think I'm right, in this case). But what if I just pulled my shoulder? LOL. Never again will shoulder pain just be shoulder pain!

Wow Tammy, that article was awesome!! It definitely is hard on both spouses. At least I'll be losing weight WITH Mikey! Heh, I know his is going to get more notice though, he's a big guy.

LOL at Stacey's mom... she sounds like mine! :) Mine has taken to reading my blog, lol. She called me to make sure I was ok... because I hadn't updated it! ;) Never thought I'd see the day! :D

Nanster: meat tenderizer? Awesome! (And very, very gross! LOL) Added to my shopping list!

Welcome Sizzles! Congrats on your first fill!!

Welcome to Xann and Sizzle!

Welcome to both of you! You will LOVE it here! As has been said, we go through so many of the same things...moods, eating problems, family problems....jumping for joy for loosing weight and NSV's....These are the best people around and will give you lots and lots of great support!

Good morning to everyone else!

Awww...working from home today and the boss is off today! ::knocking on wood:: Hopefully the day won't get too busy!

Tammy and Janet - I hope the pain lets up soon. That stinks. Wish there was something I could do!

Sizzle - Congrats on your fist fill! How did it go? Details please!

Nanster - Wow, a hubby that eats for fuel only. My hubby and I had the same problem...eat b/c it was there or because we could, etc. He still eats that way, but it is so much more frustrating to him now b/c I am not joining in. He has been fairly down about his weight recently. He is considering the band, but he hasn't made it to the place where he can say he wants to "give up" food. Glad your hubby is so supportive! Aren't they the best?!!

Xann - Congrats on the weight loss and the fills!

Ok, must check email...can't blow work totally off today! Have a wonderful morning and I will check back later!

Janet: Hope your pain gets better. That sucks, have you checked with your Dr to make sure it is just gas? Keep us updated! The Feb bandster queen has to be alright, or I don't know what we would all do!!! For real!

Sizzles: Welcom to Feb Bandsters! We are so cool! LOL...really we are!

Nanster: I have taken sips of diet dr pepper a few times just cause it was in front of me...and I did fine, but it did make me burp a lot, and it filled me up to where I felt bloated. Just to let ya know. It also didn't taste as good since I hadn't had it in so long.

Ok I am at work with about 2 1/2 hours sleep. It started yesterday, constipation! I have had one other bad episode since being banded but last night was horrible. I wont go into gorry details but I tried Milk of magnesa , 5 colace and a suppository with no relief. I was miserable! At mid-night I finally woke my husband and ask if he would go get me a Fleet. I felt just terrible having to wake him and ask, he had to work today also. So at around 1 AM i am giving myself yet another laxtive. At I say around 3 I finally got some relief. I have never had to push out a baby, I had all mine c-section, but I am telling you it couldnt have been much worse than that was.

Today I am sore, and still not feeling good.

I wished I could be more supported today but I am scared I just dont have it in me.:notagree

Love ya all and have a great weekend

Tammy, I can sympathize! What helped me the most was using Benefiber regularly. As a matter of fact, after just two days of use, my problem cleared up considerably. They make a non-thickening, no-flavor formula that you can mix into shakes or any drink. The most important thing is to drink alot of Water during the day while you're taking it, like a minimum of 64 ounces. It works great!

I have been enjoying reading your thread and hope you don't mind if I join. I was banded on Feb. 3rd and believe it or not, I have only lost 5 pounds, but thats okay because I have had 2 fills, the first of which disappeared into "who knows where" and the second I think has finally taken. I feel just a tiny bit of restriction.... but it's pretty hard to tell yet as I was just filled on Tuesday and I am still eating mushies. I was REALLY frustrated with my husband last night... after two full days of liquids I decided to make two soft boiled eggs for dinner... my husband walks in and says, are you sure you should be eating all that!!!!! I couldn't believe it :) It was TWO EGGS FOR GOODNESS SAKES AND THEY WERE SOFT BOILED!!!!!!!! He has never had to worry about his weight and although he has never said anything about my weight, he has known my struggle over the years and willingly paid for it!!! But he is the ultimate sabotager!!! I sent him to the grocery store for High Efficiency Tide, and the man returns home with Fat Boy Ice Cream Sandwiches, chocolate pudding, Whip Cream and Butterfinger candy bars...... NOW THAT's Support!!!!!! Then he wants to know why I won't sit down at the table with him and the kids while they eat it all!!!!!!! SCARY!!!! Anyway, thanks for providing me with support over the last few weeks... I have enjoyed reading your stories.:D

Hello Everyone....I'm sorry I've been gone so long. I peek in and read the postings but, just haven't been up to writing. Emotions go back and forth and ...well...today wasn't a good day. Hopped on the scale and found out that 3 pounds came back and I haven't cheated, I haven't had anything I shouldn't including bread, Pasta and rice that they haven't allowed me to have yet. It's the usual game my body plays on me when I'm on a diet. It's so discouraging. I know....I know I've done well since I've been banded but, to see pounds come back on with no reasoning gets me going. I try to think positive in that...now that I"m banded I can't blow it like I used to and gain it all back but, I think you all know what I mean. I'm so afraid that what I've lost so far is ALL I'm going to lose. I"ve been going to Curves too. The only thing I can think of is maybe I'm NOT eating enough? If that makes sense. Maybe my body is shutting down the metabolism because it thinks it's starving. Sooo I'm going to keep on keeping on and pray something gives here. I'm seeing the doc and nutritonist on April 12th. Hopefully that will be my 1st fill and the nutritionist will be able to help me figure out what the heck is going on. I'm going to start my food log again. Sooo...what do you all use to keep track of your calories, Protein and Water?

You've all been great and supportive with each other in your posts and I hope I can become a support for you all as well. HOpefully I'll be able to keep up with you all in your postings lol. Some of you are quite quick :)

Have a great Friday night and Saturday morning. I won't stay away so long this time :D

Hugs