Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm a wabbit, I'm a wabbit!!! As I sit here and stuff my face eating!!! Oh crap I am wondering if my scales are correct now......lol. I'll let ya'll know.

**hiding from Mikey** it's wabbit season I hear.

Ok I think I am just as twisted as you too are, ohhhhhhhhh do you think you can rubbed off on people online??? I am sure I can google that and find out. rofl, wait I have a hard time getting up from the floor, rocl!!

Oh spring is in the AIR!

Hi Janet,

Thanks for the update. It is great to see how everyone is doing. I was worried that I was off track with my weight loss - but all is well.

Thanks for all you do - keeping the Feb. group together.

Diane

2/15/06

282/258/150

Congrats on the great loss Diane! Keep it up! :eek:

For those of you who haven't been tracking your inches... why not start today! When the scale doesn't move, it's a great treat to measure & see that things are still changing!

I suggest measuring at least:

arm

bust

waist

hips

thigh

I go crazy & measure everything (left & right wrist, left & right arm, neck, upper chest, bust, ribs, waist, hip-7, hip-9, thighs together, left & right thigh, left & right calf, left & right ankles, lol, can you say obsessive compulsive?)... and then I add 'em all up every time to see how many overall inches I've lost. :) If enough folks start tracking inches, I'll make a chart for that too! :D I'm all about the charts! :)

Hi Gang,

Just checking in. Sigh. I lost NO weight this week. Ugh! I did just start on "soft solids" as per my nutritionist (chicken, turkey, fish, soft veggies, cheese, eggs, deli meats), so maybe that's why. I've been increasing my treadmill time at the gym every two days, and am up to burning 220 calories in 37 minutes. I am still sticking to around 1,200 calories a day and go for my first fill on April 5th. I can't wait! So far, the soft solids are heavenly! It's almost like being able to eat anything I want. I'm now in my sixth week and feeling just great aside from not losing any weight! Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss. JanetC, I am definitely going to take your advice and start measuring! Maybe that will make me feel better...

You guys are awesome....((group hug))

I think this is the best thread on LBT!!! I love checking in with you all.

Good news, 2 eggs filled me up today!!! Thats a first, hope it lasts!

Talk to ya'll tomorrow!

Hi ALL!

Tragedy last night...cable went off half way through Idol!!! But, back on tonight...I missed the last 4 performers:confused: !

Hubby and I went out to dinner tonight...he wanted seafood. Went to Joe's Crab Shack...YUMMMMY. I was able to eat a little bit of the salad...first time for salad and it was A-ok, but couldn't eat much. I ordered crabmeat-stuffed mushrooms (an appetizer) and ate 3 of the 4....was TOTALLY satisfied, full and happy!!! No PB's, no heart burn and.....LOTS of leftovers to eat tomorrow!!!!:) :eek: I'm generally eating a frozen (diet) entree for lunch and being happy with it. I eat an egg or a yogurt for Breakfast usually. For dinner, again, an egg, entree or crabmeat(or tuna). (Now I can add SALAD!!)

I haven't eaten bread AT ALL. My portions are all smaller than before for sure!!!:)

Disappointed in the loss on the scales, but oh well*sigh* it surely will get better.

I HAVE to talk positive to myself, because I'm generally my own worst enemy!!!

I successfully ate a 1/8" slice of a Snickers bar, put the rest into my desk and never even heard it call my name!!! For me, that's not just great, it's a miracle!! It has now been in my desk for 3 days and only 2 small (1/8") slices are gone. I'm actually VERY proud of myself for that, because I have NO WILLPOWER when it comes to chocolate.

I'll get to personals tomorrow night. Got some chores to do tonight and still want a little "relaxing" time for myself and hubby too!

JanetC: Thank you SOOOOOOOmuch for keeping the charts on us and letting us all know how great we're really doing ---stuff that's MEASUREABLE!!! You clearly put a lot of time and effort into our thread and I really appreciate it. I look forward to coming to our thread EVERY SINGLE DAY to see what's up with all of you.

Later,

Nanster

Oh yeah...

Spivak/Spiegel "reunion" on May 13 sounds fun...but I'll have family in town so I'm not sure if I'll make it. If they change the date/time,(hint, hint, hint) PLEASE let me know....I'd love to go!!!!

Nanster

Question for ya'll... especially those banded for 6+ weeks. Is anyone still feeling shoulder pain? I am... really badly. Sorta hoping someone out there is too, so I can quit worrying. Thing is, it went away during week 4 & part of week 5... and then came back with a vengeance. Weird.

Happy Thursday!! We're almost there! :confused:

Becky: Oh my word, you're doing great!! You can eat food again! :) Congrats! And increasing your time AND staying on 1200? I think you're my hero!! Give your body time to adjust to the food again... it'll start losing again, I promise!

Stacey: Woohooo for the feeling full!!!

Nanster: OMG, you didn't eat the entire Snickers bar? I'm not sure I'm worthy to be writing to you! ;) Congrats!!!! And grats on eating out successfully! And making great choices! Your scale is gonna be moving soon too! Keep working your plan... the body WILL catch up!

Ok rather gross question......

What is sliming? I have what I can only describe is a feeling of wanting to swallow and something thick in the back of my throat. I tried eating some wheat thins this morning at work and it seem to help a little. Is any one else getting this feeling or does this have nothing to do with the band?

Janet- Sorry to hear your still hurting hun. I too have some pain from time to time in my shoulder. My diaphram was irritated during surgery causing me lots of pain afterwards. Hope you feel better soon.

Stacey- I am so jealous, I think I could eat the whole chicken. But I am sure my time will come. Sighhhh

Nanster- Oh dont ya hate when that happens. It never happens during the Presidents Address to the Nation for some reason!

I am buying a measuring tape and doing my measuring this weekend. :confused:

I have to be honest I am sooo not looking forward to it. Am I the only one that doesnt tell their husband what they weight? I am embarrassed for him to know, as he is pretty fit and goes to the gym every day.

I've done what I think is sliming once... but for me it was more like a PB. I ate too fast, felt a golf-ball behind my sternum (actually more like a volleyball!), quit eating & started moaning, lol. I "threw up" saliva for about 1.5 hours. Never anything solid... just tons & tons of saliva.

Your experience sounds sorta like how I felt... I was able to swallow, but it just felt "wrong". Like the saliva was too thick or something. Very strange.

Going VERY slowly, try taking little sips of Water. VERY small, with time in between. You don't want to PB! If something still feels stuck, I've heard folks recommend Diet Coke... set it out so it goes flat (or pour it from cup to cup to get it flat faster), then try a couple of sips (SLOWLY!). It supposedly will eat through what's stuck. (I don't know that this is true, but someone on here recommended it.)

Keep us updated!!

And remember that the first set of measurements will be depressing. In fact, for my first set, I don't pull the measuring tape really tight, lol. That way my next set has a guaranteed loss. Yeah, I'm weird, lol. But if I'm looking to measurements for my pat on the back, I want my pat on the back!! I used to keep my measurements in a notebook that was hidden in my sock drawer. Then I moved it to Excel... now it's in my lovely FitDay program. :confused:

Mikey knows how much I weigh... I am embarrassed to tell anyone else, but I figure if they know I'm having WLS, they have to know I'm heavy, lol.

Good morning all you fabulously positive people!

Everyone's posts sound so good!!!! Add me to that list!

Big deal for me this morning.... received my monthly visitor BUT hopped on the scale and 1.5 lbs. gone!!!! ;) :clap2: That has NEVER happened! :cry :confused: I am usually guaranteed a 3-5lbs. gain!

Floating on cloud nine this morning!

Back later with personals...got to work late :faint: and must get caught up!

Have a good morning!

Oh my word, Michelle!! That ROCKS!! Have a great day with all that positive energy! :confused:

Hey dancer....similar experience!!! I have my good friend this week also, and I was down 2 pounds!!!! Sweet!!!! Congrats!

Tammy,I am not sure what you are having going on, but my sliming was like what Janet described!! Let us know how ya are!

Janet, I am so with ya on the weight thing, but I only disclose my weight on here....no one else knows! I figure that you all can relate better than anyone, and everyone else seems to judge! I love you guys!

So far so good everyone.....still feeling full off of the little food I am eating. I ate 2 eggs again this morning..and for lunch I think I am going to try Lean Cuisine...about 1/2 of it. Let ya know how it goes!

Chat soon!