Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

I got my band Feb. 24th and I am doing fine. Not too much action on the weightloss. Just staying around 180.

I live in Minnesota (Midstate.) Banded in Crosby. So far I have felt just wonderful with the band and I love it. My first fill is April 4th.

Sherry, congrats on the 3 pounds lost...thats awesome! I am struggling with the no losing right now either....I am also down 25 pounds...but i have been stuck there for like a week! :) Feel your pain!

Happy Saturday everyone!! We had lunch at Jason's with other folks from LBT that live in the DFW area. It was fun & cool to meet people! I'm on liquids today after an evil PB/slime incident, so I had Soup -- it was delicious! **sigh** When WILL I learn to slow down!!

Hope you all have great days!! :)

Stacey: Ouch on the PB / slime!! Hope you can avoid those in the future!! I've had my first one too, augh!! NOT fun!

Michelle: That's awesome news about your in-laws leaving none the wiser, woohoo! :) Have safe travels!

Tammy: Grats on your fill, woohooo!! Now the fun starts! :) Chew a LOT! :)

Julie: YAAAAAAAAY for solids!!! I think that if you're losing successfully with will power, I might stick it out until after your vacation. For me, I'd get the fill as soon as I could. I have ZERO will power. There is a learning curve after your fill, but it's not as bad as post-op, not by a long shot. Having Mikey doing this with me is the ONLY way I could do it. We're food buddies, we SO would have sabotaged each other! :)

Tammy: Yeah, I get headaches when I don't eat enough. Protein seems to stave it off for me. I've been trying 1 ounce of Isopure Zero-Carb Ready-to-drink protein an hour... trying to find out how much I have to drink to avoid the headaches entirely. I've been using liquid Tylenol when necessary.

PJ: Welcome to the Febsters!! We're glad you're here!! 30 pounds, that's awesome!!!

Becky: I'm impressed with you & your will power!! You go!! 1200 calories, no wonder you're losing! :)

Sherry: Congrats on the weight loss, wooohoooo!! And grats on a fill date!

Sandybells: Welcome to our little thread!! How great that you found us! And you're down overall, that's awesome!! Keep it up!

Happy Sat everyone....hope everyone is doing good? Anyone else (besides you Janet..cause I know you are) a gone for good member? IF not it s a great group and we weigh on Wed...kind of something to give a reason to weigh on Wed...and keep up with others! Just a thought!

Ah... Mondays are NOT my favorite day! :)

We went nuts this weekend... Saturday we went to Jason's with folks from LBT that live in the DFW area. It was fun! We all had Soup, lol. Then Sunday we ate out every meal. NOT good for diet plans! But we didn't stray TOO badly -- the band really limits the portion size! I'm loving it!

Now back to normal, lol. I'm looking forward to a Protein shake! (Never thought I'd say that! LOL)

Hope everyone's doing great today! :P (( Hugs!! ))

Good Monday, ok is that an oxymoron? lol sorry I couldn't resist.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I had my first will on Friday and I dont think it is working. I receieved 3.5 cc, now I thought the same thing your probably thinking, (thats alot for a first fill) so I asked what sized band do I have. He said he didnt know without looking at my chart, which was at his office. When he first filled my band he said he had put too much in so he took some out, now I am thinking maybe he should have left it in. UGHHHHH! Tap tap tap on stomach is this thing on?

Do I call my doctor and say I can eat like I am still not banded?

Janet- you rock girl! You always seem so upbeat and full of energy!

Sandy- congrats on the 25 lbs! I am sure it will start coming off again so, you just hit a speed bump is all!

Julie- I am less than 20 minutes from NYC, if you ever make it into the city let me know.

Stacey- Congrats and welcome, you have found the best group of ladies and gentlemen for support.

Michelle- your a doll girl, thanks for all the advice

Sunta- Adult strenght tyenol, got it, my kids and husband thank you, cause when momma aint happy ......well ya know the rest.

Dancer- glad to see everything went well with the ILs. I am so glad mine live 14 hours from me. Ya know mine have never liked me cause when Keith and I married I was heavy, they told him straight out he could do so much better than me. So if your ILs like you you're already ahead of some of us!

Make the most of today, for in about 15 hours it gone!

Tammy, am I understanding that your doc gave you a fill without your chart on hand? Oh my goodness!! That would terrify me!

If you do have a 9 or 10cc band, you won't feel anything less then 4 (imho). At least I know for Mikey, he's BARELY feeling 4.5 in a 9. It doesn't limit his amount, just how fast he can eat -- and how much he has to chew. He's really hoping next month's fill limits his amount. I think he's jealous of me! **preen** Which is only fair, since I'm angry at him because he can still eat a lot, lol. (We're twisted, twisted people! :))

Maybe try calling his office & asking them what size your band is... and then mention that you're not feeling your restriction at all. They may still want you to wait a couple of weeks (some people react to fills over time, so some doctors are cautious).

Good luck & keep us posted!!

had my first will on Friday and I dont think it is working. I receieved 3.5 cc, now I thought the same thing your probably thinking, (thats alot for a first fill) so I asked what sized band do I have. He said he didnt know without looking at my chart, which was at his office. When he first filled my band he said he had put too much in so he took some out, now I am thinking maybe he should have left it in. UGHHHHH! Tap tap tap on stomach is this thing on?

Do I call my doctor and say I can eat like I am still not banded?

I have had 2 fills, and have 2.8 cc in me. It has not worked on restriction at all. I have to slow down chewing..and can't drink while eating because i had 1 pb incident. I can eat a whole lot though...like a whole chicken breast and some rice and still do not feel satisfied. I am going tomorrow for my 3rd fill. Will let ya know how it goes. I have a 9.75 cm band. Is that a big band or small band? Janet you probably know more about that, is that big or small?

I don't know the answer to the fill question but I wanted to tell you gals that I seem to be able to eat anything I want all of a sudden. It's the strangest thing and now I am ready to see my surgeon next week and get a fill. There is no way I am going to wait until after vacation next month.

Janet: That sounds like fun to meet other LBT'ers. I was the second person in the state of Vermont to be banded so I don't think I will meet anyone socially for awhile. LOL 2-3 people a week are starting to get banded though the nurse practitioner told me today. (I work at the University of Vermont right next to the hospital I was banded at so I run into my surgeon and others quite often on campus.) I'm hoping to start a local support group soon.

Tammy: Did you end up calling your doctor?

The smallest band holds 4cc, the largest holds 10cc. At least that's what I've been told. :D

Mikey's with you guys on the starving part. And until he got the 4.5cc in his 9cc band, he didn't even really have to slow down or chew. At least now he has to go slow... but he's still starving. He said he hasn't been full since the surgery. Poor thing!

Hopefully all you with the bigger bands will get more saline & feel the restriction soon!

That's cool that you were one of the first to get banded in Vermont, Julie! Though it does stink to not have a group! Maybe you could drive down to Boston... or up to Maine or something. I don't know if any of them have get togethers, lol, but it's a thought. :)

I'm soooo glad this Monday is over! They always seem like the longest days! :)

Hello All!

Doing fine, although not really losing lately. I did have a minor NSV this weekend. I actually went to 3 different stores, walked around in all three and the third was a full (two-week) grocery trip. At the end, I was barely sweating and my "new" (ie, knee replacement) leg was not even hurting. I've only lost a total of 15.6 pounds, but I'm feeling the difference, which is just as important. I also did some yardwork this weekend and was able to do more than usual!! Things are moving in the positive direction.

skbishop: PB'ing sucks, huh? I didn't understand what everyone meant about "slime" until it happened to me...funny how sometimes you can eat a good bit and not have problems, other times a few bites overdoes it. I guess there are other "bodily" factors besides the band itself that influence how much/what type we can eat.

Dancer: I've started eating solids now. I was very nervous, but I'm starting to get used to it. Main thing is...don't forget that you DO still have the band! I occassionally almost forget and start to eat something, then go "oh, I can't eat that"!! I guess I'm learning, slowly.

Julie: I personally would wait til after Disney to get your fill. Sounds like you're doing quite well as is. The fill will really not be an issue (no pain, no ramifications) but you may not be able to eat as "freely" for a day or two and why worry about it at all?? Plus, you will be doing a LOT of walking and you'll NEED lots of fluids, especially if you're not used to the FL heat/humidity!! Just my opinion; either way, you should be fine.

JerseyTammy: You're the first person I've noticed mentioning headaches. That was one of my BIGGEST fears pre-banding. Every time I tried to diet, I had horrible headaches and they would turn into migraines(which I've had since 5th grade). To my surprise, I've had only one since surgery and I took liquid children's tylenol and it helped right away. I think when I "withdrew" right after surgery, I didn't even get them, but I felt totally drained and weak. Maybe once I detox'd from sugar and caffeine, the battle was won. But, I agree that Protein and hydration are what will keep them under control now that you're banded. Try a little OJ or Ensure if you start to get one...it's probably a blood sugar fluctuation. (Per Dr. Nanster, that is!?!)

SherryW: 25 pounds is AWESOME! You've got it figured out, it sounds like.

Sandybells: WELCOME! We ALL are glad you stopped by and joined us. We're here for you and hope you'll return the favor!

I'm still only eating around 1000 cal/day, but I'm not losing any more weight. My watch is looser :biggrin1: and my bra is a little LESS tight :D but no significant changes other than my endurance as discussed above. My hardest thing is not drinking just before/after a meal and getting in Water. I can usually eat a Lean Cuisine-type meal except for about 2-3 bites as a meal. Haven't tried salad yet, although I want to soon. Hubby and I went to a Mexican restaurant tonight (he wanted fajitas!) so I had a mexican omelet...it was yummy. There was a chalupa-type thing too that had ground beef and cheese, lettuce,tomato and it was HEAVEN!!! (Sure miss those chips though!!!!)

I'm getting a little bored, because I tend to eat the same things most days, just because it's "comfortable" and "safe"...eggs or yogurt for Breakfast, tuna or crab for lunch and a Lean Cuisine-type meal for supper. Add an after dinner cup of coffee and a "first thing when I get up" cup of coffee and that's my routine. It keeps me around 1000 cal, I know it will go down fine and I know I'm getting the protein needs met first. But, boy, could I use a steak, a hamburger, tortilla chips or fajitas!!! Those will come, just have to take it slow.

Feeling good and in good spirits, but a little frustrated that I'm not losing anymore. Guess the exercise is going to have to get me past this "hurdle" **UGH**

I HATE exercise!

I just got a new scale also...it's aTanita brand, I think. It gives weight, body fat, total body water...with a personalized entry for your gender, age, etc. The body fat thing is down right depressing; the total body water helps me make sure I drink plenty...I'm not a water drinker at all and when I do drink, prefer coffee the most.

Hoping all of you are enjoying some SPRING, wherever you are.

Remember that we have each other and God is with us. How can we lose (anything other than weight!)!!!

Talk to you all soon,

Nanster

GOOD Tuesday all!!

Ya'll arent going to believe this but I have lost 9.5 lbs!!!!!:clap2:

Making my grand total now 40lbs since Feb8th! Oh I am doing the band dance:dance: !

I have no restriction so far, I cant believe it. I did call my doctor yesterday, here is what he told me........

I have a 10 cc band, that doesnt surprise me, I carry most on my weight in my tummy! He said that he didnt want to give me full restriction yet, he wanted me to still be able to eat some what normal meals still. He said this is the learning stage, I have made it through the healing stage, but now I have to learn to live with the band. Which means learning to concentrate on the food that is in my mouth, chewing well, learning not to drink and eat at the same time and to think about the food choices I am making. He said he doesnt want me pbing or in pain from over eating. Once this lesson is learn and I feel I am ready he would gladly add more to the band. But to slow down and make sure I am mentally prepared for the restriction that awaits me. Funny thing he knows that I am in a hurry, he said 99% of his patience are but that I had to trust him. This is a life long journey I need to be in trainning for, kinda like running a marathon, you have to train for months before the actual race begins. Then he told me to weight myself that I just might be surprised and OMG:eek:. 9.5 gone for good!!!!!!

So I guess I am trusting my doc ya'll, I trusted him enough to let him put my band in I have to trust him that he knows what is best for my fills!!!

I am thinking about naming my band, oh brother I am just as twisted as Janet and Mike!!

Question?.....Does your port area get real hard and tight sometimes?Like last night, it felt hard as a rock and was so tight feeling. Is that my port area or my band ya think? Anway, it is not that uncomfortable, it just feels weird! Hope eveyone has a good day, and TAMMY..congrats on the 9.5 lost! Thats awesome!

Stacey,

I tried the link and it sent me to hotmail, is that right??? And TY TY TY, I am still doing the band dance.

I have no idea about the port , to be honest I try and not feel mine. I try to keep my hands away from it and I try to avoid anything that might bump it. Do you think you might be swelling? I know my band itself becomes tight when I have my period.

Tammy, I am right there with you girlfriend! I also have a 10cc band and am not scheduled for a fill until 04/06. I lost 20 lbs right off the bat, but have not lost ANY in the last 2 weeks! I guess I should be happy that I've not gained either! I have never felt much restriction and have been able to eat just about everything I've tried. I just have to chew it a zillion times first. No PBing or slimeys....nothing uncomfortable. I'm still very careful about what I eat and how much, but I seem to be at a stand still. I AM GETTING DISCOURAGED! I need to increase my Water intake and get more exercise. Hopefully my fill will help.

It sounds funny, but I almost look forward to the restriction, PB's and slimeys. :D

Maybe then the weight will start falling again!