Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Hey everybody....I bought a scale from Target that monitors your weight and body fat..which I don't understand the body fat thing. That is not the same as BMI..cause if it is then the scale is way off. It is digital and weighs to the tenth of a pound. It was I think $39.99.

Nanster: I heard that cauliflower is one of those foods that is hard for people to digest...so that might have been your only problem. That and broccoli, I have heard are very hard to digest with a lapband. Just a guess though! Good luck, hope that pbing is behind you....and no more!

OK...so I saw some pics of my at my sister's baby shower this weekend...and I was devistated. I thought I was looking better than that! I thought after 25 lbs, I might be able to see a difference. I looked bigger than ever. I am so aggrevated!:angry

Hi All!

Glad to report that I'm doing fine after yesterday's fill. The surgery center told me they gave me a 1.1cc fill.

This morning I ate one scrambled egg. It was fine, but I felt pretty full and satisfied until lunch. (other than sipping coffee at my desk)

For lunch, I had about 1/2-2/3 c. tuna salad. Did fine.

Happy til supper.

For supper, had a "lean gourmet" cheese lasagna. Did fine. Still happy now at 8:30 pm.

Maybe I WAS just full from my 3pm yogurt. I seem to stay satisfied for about 4 hours! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!

I have eaten cauliflower before, but my RNY-friend said maybe it was the "richness" of the cheese I put on it, not the cauliflower itself. I'll just have to see which foods work and don't...trial and error, I suppose.

I don't understand the "spasms" either. No, I couldn't feel them, per se, but you could DEFINITELY see them on the fluoroscope! When I swallowed, the top of my stomach just pulsed. Noone said anything else, so I guess it doesn't matter, but I thought it odd that it has been "mentioned" each and every time I've had a fluoroscope. (including my pre-op upper GI!!)

I'm still a little nervous about eating solids, but I'm going to start trying a few bites of something new at each meal so I can test stuff out. I'm excited that they suggested BEEF and chicken and SALAD (which I thought would be no-no's forever!!)

Oh, and I got my CAPSULE changed to a pill, so I can break it into pieces and NO BITTERNESS!!! Yeah!

So far, all I can say has decreased in size is my wrist...my watch "hangs" on me now and it used to be skin tight! (I don't think that's a NSV though!)

Several people have said my face is looking thinner, but I think it's my new (darker) hair color and/or the fact that I'm letting my hair grow out--but, I'll take what I can get!!!:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

I asked hubby last night (I actually kinda "set him up" I guess!) if he would love me more when I get skinny. He immediately said "no". (5 points for him!!) Then, he said, well if I love you the same and you're thinner, then I guess PER POUND I'll be loving you more! He's got a "unique" style, but I took it as a compliment. So, I'm ready to get MORE LOVE PER POUND!!! *grin*

It's almost Friday, so everyone hang in there.

Later,

Nanster

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!

Update on us: We're both doing fine. Mikey's finally feeling some restriction... he had to start slowing down, taking smaller bites & CHEWING!! I have to admit I wasn't terribly sympathetic, lol. I'm afraid I laughed at him, lol. :)

I bought the fitday.com PC version ($20 if you sign up for a fitday.com account)... it ROCKS!! It has all kinds of charts & graphs. You can input custom food... so once you put in your favorites, it's easy to track your calories. And then it tells you how much fat, carb & Protein is in your diet, how much you're burning, what the deficit is, etc. It's amazing! What a great tool! It's my favorite new toy. :)

Stacey: ((Hugs!!)) Pull out an old photo of you at a weight that you like & put it on your mirror. Focus on THAT one... "The me I see is the me I'll be." It's our psychologist's favorite phrase... worth trying! :)

Now hug yourself & say, "I'm 25 pounds closer to that picture. I'll get there!"

Nanster: Congrats on the fill! That's awesome! Too weird about the spasms. Though if it was there pre-op, at least you know it's not the band! Congrats on the watch hanging, lol. That's awesome! LOL, I love your husband's comeback! That's priceless!

Hey everyone....I pb'd last night for the first time. I ate a healthy choice pizza way too fast and too much bread! It got stuck and then the saliva started. Then it felt like I couldn't breath and that I was choking...after i got sick i felt better. Just thought I would let ya know! Not that ya'll want to know about my pbing...but it happened..so thought i would share. So lesson learned...slow down, chew my food, and I really do have a band in there!!! HAHA! Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Good morning everyone!

Hubby's family has come and gone and no one was the wiser about my surgery. I feel so much better! They are very judgemental, so I just really didn't want to hear it from them. What a relief!

Janet and Mikey - Good job on the fills! I can't wait to get mine...only 3 weeks to go!

Stacey - So sorry about the pb...yucko! I hope you are feeling better today. Don't forget to stick to some liquids for a couple of days now to let everything settle down. Feel better!

Nanster - Glad your fill went well too! You sound like me...scared to eat solid foods! I can't wait to have a fill though. I feel like I have gotten very comfortable with things...time to change it up and keep me on my toes!

To everyone else...hello! Off on business travel again next week....hope to be able to check in though.

Have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

Happy Friday ya'll!!

Ok I just got back from my first fill!!!!!!!! Ok I will admit I was soo neverous, but I have to say it was uneventful.

I went in and they had me put on one of those hosiptal gowns leaving the opening in the front, I got to leave my bra and pants on. He had me lay down on the table, said he promised me he wouldnt hurt me. (he knows what a big chicken I am) I felt a very small prick, not even as bad as a bee sting, then he said ok here we go, ok it is a funny feeling, but not one once of pain. The tech handed me a small cup of barum and said take one large drink, the doctor said ok not enough, he filled some more then ask me to drink again, all the while he doctor kept asking me if I was ok, (he is the greatest I have to admit). Then my fill was too much, so he said drink again and I was finished. I got a totally of 3.5, I thought that was a lot but apparently that is what I needed. I have to stay on liquids the rest of the day but can start back on soilds tomorrow. **DEEP BREATH** now the real work begins.

Ok I did go out last night and have a steak, baked potatoe, salad, and chocolate cake. WOW.........ok I had little less than half the steak, a small salad , almost 3/4 the potatoe and hmmmmmmm maybe 5 bites of the cake before my DL polished it off. I am sitting here thinking man I wished I had ate some Breakfast before this fill, its going be a long day!!!

There were several of us that had fills this week, we all seem to be right on track, way to go Feb bandters!

Have a great weekend all, and no pbing or pain for any of us!

God Bless

Hi Friends-

It sure is nice being on real food again. I am finding that as long as I chew and chew and chew that things are going down well. I have an appt on 4/4 to talk about my first fill. I need some advice about it from all of you-

We are going to Walt Disney World with our kids April 29-May 6 and part of me is thinking that I should just wait until we get back for my first fill. I have lost 3 pounds (on average) per week since my surgery and feel like I am managing things pretty well right now. I am scared about being on vacation and having too much restriction. I also don't want to go and gain 5 pounds b/c I don't have any restriction. Any words of advice?

Janet: Glad that Mikey is finally feeling some restriction. Does it help that both of you are going through this together? My DH is only about 15 pounds overweight now, he lost 50 on his own 2 years ago, and he is incredibly supportive. But, he doesn't understand what a learning curve this all is so it's hard to keep explaining to him about some stuff.

We are heading to Albany, NY this weekend to do some work on our rental properties. Have a great weekend everyone.

I shouldn't speak for Janet (although I KNOW it's helping her that I'm doing this too), but I can definitely say that going through this together is helping me!

As it is now, things are different enough between us that it's a little weird sometimes. My surgery was 2 days earlier... I'm quite a bit heavier... I didn't have the big gas pains after surgery... I didn't have ANY restriction after surgery... I didn't suffer much pain from not chewing - at least until my first fill...

Now that we've had a fill, and her big gas pains have subsided quite a bit, our experiences are much closer. I simply cannot imagine how this would work if we weren't doing it together. I doubt that she could go through with it if I chose not to - and I don't think I would be able to either.

It's been an incredible blessing that we're in each other's corner - ready to step up and help if the other is having trouble. So far (knock on faux-wood veneer covered particle board) we haven't been seriously down or depressed at the same time yet! :)

Ok I have a question.........

Does any one get headaches from being hungry? I got my first fill this morning and I have a terrible headache now, I know it is because I have not eaten today. I have sipped on Water while working but am scared to take some tyenol.

Any advice?

ahhhh....Mikey, can you come teach my dh a thing or two about marraige!!! You guys are awesome!

p.j. robinson

banded 2/7/06

pre-op wt:278

pre-op wt loss:-14

post op wt loss:-16

total wt loss:- 30 lbs:clap2:

no fills as of yet.

next appt with md: 3/31/06

dr irani from bakersfield, ca

Welcome PJ! Congrats on the weight loss!!!!

Tammy - I have taken tylenol... I have the long skinny ones and I break them in half...it takes a while to get all 4 pieces down, but it works. Since you just got a fill, you might want to break them up into more pieces or find some liquid. No sense suffering girl! I hope you feel better soon!

Janey and Mikey - Ya'll are officially toooo cute! I think it would be so great to do through this with my hubby. I just don't think he will ever give up food...he keeps saying how he would love the surgery, but he would still want to eat at Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc. I do understand that, but I am hoping to be thinner by Christmas and won't want or care as much about the food! Keep up the great work you too!

How is everyon else today? It is 3:15 here...the weather is beautiful and I can't wait for quitin' time!! I can't wait to get outside this evening!

Have a good afternoon!

Hi Everyone!

Congrats to everyone on your fills! Everyone sounds like you're all doing fantastic!

JerseyTammy: They make an adult strength liquid Tylenol you can get at your local pharmacy. I love it! I also love liquid Tylenol PM.

I'm so glad it's Friday! I have a great weekend planned! Only thing is, I'm starving, starving, starving!!! Ooooh I wish mushies were over! I'm sooo tempted to cheat and eat some solids! I'm in my fifth week so I feel like I would be fine. Being hungry is the pits! I've been keeping myself strictly to 1,200 calories a day, but it's sooo hard. Well, I'm off to the gym, guys!

Congrats on everyone's fills. Hope you're all doing well...it sounds like you are. I don't get my first one until April 12th. I've been getting kinda hungry between meals so I'm looking forward to that restriction again.

Good news though....the scale finally moved 3 pounds down after 3.5 weeks. I know they say the first 8 weeks is for healing and not losing but, I wanna lose dang nabbit hahaha. Down 25 pounds now :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!