Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Happy Birthday Stacey!!!

Dena - I have lost 15.5 lbs. since surgery and I am almost one month post op. I wasn't required to go on any kind of diet before surgery.

My first fill won't be until the end of April - per dr's orders.:faint:

Michelle....at least I don't feel alone in my non diet pre op phase. I had pizza, fries, cheesecake....I kept thinking I wasnt going to enjoy these foods later...so might as well have them. I know...not the best way to think....but that is how my mind was working.

Right now I am at a phase where I am actually craving healthy foods. I still have a bit of a sweet tooth, but found that 1/2 c. of sugar free ice cream does the trick for me. I also am taking the viactiv chocolate chewable vitamins...they are yummy.

I talked to my doctors office again just to follow through on my shoulder pain. I am not going back to work until the 13th. I was told that if I felt I needed a fill I could do my first one at 30 days, if not I could wait longer...it was up to me. Right now I feel very restricted....I hope it lasts until at least day 30!!

Hey Everyone!

Happy Birthday Stacey! I don't know if I could consider a "fill" as much of a birthday present,- since I would rather PIG OUT- but it's the healthier, saner thing to wish for!!

I'm on day 11 I think. I was very hungry today...stomach growling and all! But, I still wonder how long it will be before I'm not afraid to eat REAL food. The Burger King commercials sure are enticing...yes, I'm also an addict to food.

I actually have lost ALL 10 of my pounds since surgery. I did not go onto a low-cal diet pre-op, just "watched" what I ate (lol, guess that's one reason I'm here, I watched it as it went in my mouth!!) and ate smaller portions of healthier foods. But, I also think that was my downfall, because I REALLY felt horrible for a week...no gas, no surgical pain, just weak and shaky. My body just crashed!!!

Unlike all of you, I kinda dread my first fill. I want to lose, but I want to be able to eat "regular" food, just smaller quanities. I don't really like the mushies too much...no variety, no texture.

My bypass buddy at work said she ate regular diet one week post-op. She also drinks diet soda's constantly and eats SOMETHING about every 20 minutes. But, she throws up if she overeats....isn't that still like bulimia????? MMMMMMMM

I digress. We all seem to be having "better" days if not great ones, so we're all moving in the right direction, huh?

I'm finally starting to get some energy back. Slowly but surely.

I do feel my port, not only through the skin but when I move, etc. Hopefully my body will make peace with it so it will remain largely unnoticed.

I sleep pretty comfortably, but I'm a back sleeper anyhow. If I still feel full when I go to bed, I sleep on my left side for awhile - I heard somewhere that lying on the left side "aids" digestion-I don't know if it's true, but seems to work for me. (or maybe it's gravity??!!)

Oh well. Glad to hear everyone is on the mend and "on the loose (I mean "lose")!

Keep up the good work!!!!

Nanster

I guess what I was referring to was the first post by Janet...where she updates the list of Feb 2006 bandsters and records their updated weight loss. What I was hoping to see there might be two weight loss numbers...for those who have them. First being the weight loss from their hightest weight....from the pre op diet, second loss being how much lost since banding. I know Janet said she would go back and continue to revise the first post so all we have to do is click on that one to see how everyone has been doing. Just a thought...am I making sense?

Ok I guess there is no way of saying this "lady like" but here goes.......Is anyone having trouble with Constipation?

I am telling you I am very worried now, it is liking tryin to have a baby. Heck I think it is worse sometimes, at least they give ya drugs in the hosiptal is you yell loud enough.

I am at work so calling a doctor during working hours is hard due to no privatice but I need some relief tonight!!!!!!!!

Any suggestion oh something that works fast?

I wont go into details but something has to be done and done today!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Girl, Yes. I think I was the only one. But I been wanting to eat chinese or just eat anything around that time. What I did for kind of the chocolate craving was drink my Protein Shake which is Isopure Chocolate flavor, I was drinking that thing like I was eating a piece of cake. And then I was ok. Also fat free chocolate pudding, I think it taste the same as regular. So I had that for snack.< /p>

So that's how I kill my appetite for chocolate.

Hope it helps for you.

Mel

Tammy.....I always say try the natural approach first...but you may need something more then that. Warm prune juice, hot tea and increasing Fiber in your diet should help. If you need something tonight go to the drugstore ...there are a variety of choices. How long has it been? Good Luck!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to my first follow-up appointment today and here's what I'm bringing up to my doc:

Horrible gas

Calf cramps

Gurgling in throat even when not drinking anything

Pain in center of my back

Can I swallow whole pills?

Can I advance to mushies?

Anyone else bring up these concerns at first post-op appt. and if so, what was the outcome?

Hugs,

Becky

Our doctor advised Ducolax suppositories to clean us out the first time... then Benefiber (it's non-bulking, which is important) to continue with a, um, more productive cycle. :)

I'll see what I can do about updating the front page, Dena. :) I don't know that I'm up for the work of keeping track of pre-op versus post-op, but I can put the pre-op number down first... and then you can subtract that. So for me it'll be: -2 pre-op, -12 total.

Good luck with your appointment Becky! Let us know what he says!!

Heh, I tried! :) Turns out that I don't really have that data. But I put it in for those I had. :)

Hey guys....I got my first fill.

I was so nervous!!! It was weird. He numbed it with a little needle, which burned a little bit, and then stuck a big needle in the port. He had me stand up while he was holding this big needle out of the bottom of my chest and had me drink a glass of Water to make sure he wasn't filling it too much! It was weird! It didn't really hurt though. I am sore there today, but not bad at all. It was alot easier than I imagined. I feel alot of restriction this morning...I got full of of some hot tea...which was a really weird feeling!

Hope everyone is going good. still down my same 20 lbs, but hopefully now I will lose some more! See ya'll later!

That's awesome Stacey! Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Yeah, I'm a bit... um... sad about the lack of weight loss for me. I really need to get a fill. The pre-op diet was more dieting then I can stand, lol, so I'm back to eating way too much. The weight loss has stalled & I'm afraid of it going back up.

Fill coming on 3/21, baby!! :)

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from the doctor and here's what I have to report:

Bad news: have to get ultrasound to rule out blood clot in calf (it keeps cramping and hurts when I walk or drive. Since I'm on blood thinning medication and am only drinking 600 calories a day, I suspect low potassium/calcium/magnesium levels to be the culprit and so does he, but wants to rule it out just to be on the safe side).

Good news:

*I lost 17.4 pounds: 4 pounds pre-op and 13.4 pounds post-op

*I am now allowed to take my pills if I cut them into small pieces first! No more crushing them and yukky yukky bitter taste!

*I can have anything as long as I Water it down enough and blend it enough to go through a straw. That includes blending homemade Soups, yogurts, fruits, etc. This gives me alot more variety than I thought and I am thrilled. The next 13 days should fly by!

*Gurgling in throat: normal (he said my banded stomach is like a lava lamp LOL! As fluids go down, air comes up!) will dissipate with time

*Horrible gas and diarreah: normal but he wrote me a script for an antibiotic just in case it's a stomach flu. However, seeing as I went off dairy yesterday and today and am 90% better, I am assuming I am now lactose intolerant (wonder if it's permanent) and will hold of on the meds unless it gets worse again.

*Pain in chest and back when I drink: normal and will dissipate with time

*Port pain and muscle soreness: normal and will take a few more weeks to go away.

So all in all, a successful visit! I am bummed about having to get an ultrasound, but I do agree with erring on the side of caution.

I'm excited to have lost 17.4 pounds!!!

Hi Everyone,

Congrats on your fill Stacey (& Happy Birthday) I'm not scheduled for my fill until April 7th... I guess that will be my DH b'day present...little meal =cheap date. lol Can't wait though...seems I"m hungry all the time.

Tammy, I had the same problem the week after surgery but a couple of stool softeners later and I'm right as rain - no cramping either. Good luck with that.

Janet: pre-op was -3 Post-op is -7 Total = -10

BTW has anyone told you lately that you are doing a marvelous job as the Honorary Ambassador to all us Feb06 Bansters? - You are!! Thank you for everything.

Sunta - So happy that you go good news from the Dr. and you are feeling better about things! Such a relief I am sure! Glad he is being safe and going to send you for the scan on your calf. I love any dr that is careful and safe. Keep us posted!

Janet - I second what LbDancer said...you are doing a great job!

Stacey - Congrats on the fill! Thanks so much for "filling" us in!!!! Sorry...dumb joke but I couldn't resist!

Weighed this morning and I am down another half pound, for a total of 16 post op! Very happy!

Hello to everyone else and I hope you are all having a great day!