Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I really need a weight loss clinic?

Yesterday I had an appointment with a psychiatrist. He was in a building with like 30 other doctors. So I'm looking for his office and watching all the signs and this lady looks at me and says, Are you here for Dr. X? I didn't want her to know I was there to see the Pscyh so I said yeah I am. She points me in Dr. X's direction and I walk that way hoping to find where I really need to be. As I'm walking I glance up and see Dr. X's office door. It says he's a weight loss doctor and you can get 3 weight loss injections for $35.

I was like, What the heck? I know I don't still look that overweight. LOL It turns out the doc I was really looking for was right down the hall from Dr. X but I wondered why she would assume I was there for weight loss. There were 6 docs in that one area. LOL

Even when I weighed 150 I thought I was fat! I used to go to diet Dr.s all the time.....to get shots, or pills or what ever the fad was. I would just say I need to loose 30 pounds, they would give me diet pills and a shot (vit. B) or what ever and give me a 1000 calorie diet plan and out the door I would go, 2 weeks worth of amphetamines neatly tucked away in my purse! That was a long time ago, and they don't really prescribe anything like what they used to! Oh well!

Wow, weight loss injections?! Creepy!! I wonder if they actually work.

Anybody can get injections for weight loss. And keep getting them. And then try Weight Watchers. And Atkins. And South Beach. And Stillman. And Whoever-Else-Is-On-Good-Morning-America-and-Oprah-Touting-Their-Diet-Book-This-Week. And try fad diets. And buy stupid or useless exercise machines on late night TV that end up being clothes racks in a dark corner of the bedroom.

I know about that sort of thing because I did it. All of it. And absolutely NONE of it worked. Sure, I lost weight for awhile, but over time it came back - every single pound of it. Time and again. I've lost the same 20 pounds about ten times.

What has worked for me is being banded. My weight is lower now than it was 15 years ago. I feel better. I look better. And I have my life back in my own control. I will never go back.

So my opinion: Yes, you need a weight loss center. If you didn't, you wouldn't be on this Forum asking for assistance. Give the band a shot, and if it doesn't work, you can have it removed and go get those shots. ;)

(BTW, if those shots worked, everyone would have done it. My Mom was getting "diet shots" back in the 1960's. And she still died of obesity-related issues at age 67.)

Good luck!

Dave

lol I can realate, I work in a doctors office and we have a Pa that is filling in for a few months, and she pulled me over to the side and started telling me about some kind of herb that I need to try that she felt It really could help me.....after she did her whole spill, come to find out it was for weight loss ....(didnt bother to tell her I had a band) , guess I should be happy it wasnt for wrinkles lol newho people are people, I suppose they are just trying to help......

LOL! Most people are truly just trying to help--others I am not quite so sure of. :)

lol I can realate, I work in a doctors office and we have a Pa that is filling in for a few months, and she pulled me over to the side and started telling me about some kind of herb that I need to try that she felt It really could help me.....after she did her whole spill, come to find out it was for weight loss ....(didnt bother to tell her I had a band) , guess I should be happy it wasnt for wrinkles lol newho people are people, I suppose they are just trying to help......