Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had post Lap Band op appointment today

This morning woke up feeling kinda bad. My stomach looked like I had swallowed a watermelon and I had some pain shooting through right side. I promise this is not an all negative post LOL

Anyways figured it was normal for the bloating. I bought some Gas X and that seems to help. The nurse told me that the port is placed about where the pain was so that was understandable. I had also slept quite a bit on that side last night.

I weighed over at the hospital the day of surgery and it showed me 322 lbs meaning I had lost 33 lbs. Well today according to the doctors office scales I was 331 lbs meaning I have only lost a total of 24 lbs. I know that is great but its kind of disappointing too. I am just so excited to get to 299. I know it won't happen overnight but it's going to happen!

Everything seemed to be going well though. Tomorrow I can start mushy foods. I am looking forward to that but at the same time I am going to have to be careful and do it right. I need to quit babying myself and instead of sleeping in I need to plan my meals out and really do this right. during this post op liquid phase I have just been having something as I want it. I don't want to fall back into bad habits.

My hubby and I went to the fair tonight and I walked around and felt better then I have in a long time. It was humid out and I got kind of hot but I could've walked all evening it felt like! I have constantly been drinking Water to keep from dehydrating. Maybe someone would know what might cause this... While I said I walked and got hot but felt great...Went to the fair, went to walmarts and came back home... Soon as I got in and sat down I got very shakey and sick to my stomach.. Does anyone else do this? Do you think that is a sign of doing too much too soon?

How is everyone else doing?

I also wanted to say that I am sorry if I don't always reply back to postings. This is the first msg board I have been on since MSN groups a few years ago. I am still learning my way around and sometimes can't always find my way back to previous postings LOL

thanks for reading my ramblings, I know it's all over the place!

Tabby

Welcome - we all get busy and dont seem to post as often as we want :) You may have gotten shaky due to the heat and possibly low blood sugar - If you did not eat much and even though you were drinking fluids you can lower your blood sugar as well as get dehydrated due to the humidity - sweating you need to drink even more :)

Welcome - we all get busy and dont seem to post as often as we want :) You may have gotten shaky due to the heat and possibly low blood sugar - If you did not eat much and even though you were drinking fluids you can lower your blood sugar as well as get dehydrated due to the humidity - sweating you need to drink even more :)

Thanks Debora Anne. I never thought of that but makes a lot of sense!

Congratulations!! You are doing great :D . I'm going to have to go with D.A. and say that your sugar was probably too low. But look at you, getting out and walking around getting some exercise. I'm proud of you, just stick with it.

Awesome job! Congrats on your great loss so far! I did the same thing when the first week I got banded -- I had tickets to an Aerosmith concert and there was no way I was going to miss it. So I went, and got very sick to my stomach and shaky. It makes sense about the blood sugar thing. Just keep on your diet and drinking Water. Great job on the exercise! It's such a great feeling being able to already do more than you used to be able to! :o)

I agree, everyone hit it right on the head- sounds like your blood sugar was low and your Fluid intake was a little low.. I did that the day after I was banded- "BAD IDEA" I felt so bad when I came in from walking! I had a follow up Dr's visit today and told them I have NO energy to exercise! When looking over my fluid intake and total Protein intake for the past few days, they just re confirmed what i knew that I was not hydrated enought and not taking in enough protein- which all adds up to low energy output. I walk around in the house (temperature controlled) for 5 mins every hour and that also helps the gas to move around and out! I think when I advance to puree, I will be able to walk outside since I will have sufficient calorie intake at the point. Good Luck to you, hope this helped!

Don't know where you are but my doc actually told me not to walk outside because it's been so hot. Have been walking in the house and tomorrow think I'm going to Walmart or mall to walk in the AC.

Congrats on your weight loss so far! I am 1 week post op and my weight has been up and down with some Water retention and bloating so don't worry about the scale bouncing around - it is still on its weigh down!! Yesterday I was up 3lbs and my stomach felt like a big balloon. Today my stomach feels much better and 2 of those 3 lbs came back off. I just chalk it up to the healing phase and I don't think I was getting enough Water so my body was retaining it.

You are doing great but that amount of walking might have been a little 'too much, too soon' because of your inability to take in enough Protein and calories. Add the heat to that and it isn't too surprising that you were feeling woozy afterwards!

But hey, like you said you felt like you could have kept walking all night and that is such a wonderful feeling! It doesn't sound like you overdid it too much so maybe next time just don't go quite as long if it is really hot!

Once you get to foods you will likely have more energy and hopefully this heat will have dissipated!!

Hi Tabby. I went for my post op appt. too yesterday and their scale said that I had only lost 15lbs. where as my scale is saying 19lbs. I weighed myself on it just prior to going to surgery last week. I know it's only 4lbs. difference, but hey, every pound counts, LOL. I too was having more pain at my port site yesterday than I have had yet. I was close to taking some lortab it was so bad. But the nurse said that I probably overdid it the night before and I had slept on my right side too. I am looking forward to this mushy/soft food stage. Already had scrambled eggs for Breakfast and had no problem. I also bought some little tubs of instant mashed potatoes made by Idahoan its around 160 calories for the whole container but what I thought would be nice about it is that I can take it with me, add some Water and nuke it and still stay on this diet. I also found at Wal-Mart these Soups made by Marketside. They are located in the refrigerator part of the deli shelves (I was at the one in Bridgewater Falls) anyways, they have this chicken tortilla Soup that is already pureed into a broth mixture that is wonderful. It's 170 calories but it was so nice to have it already made. I was at a friends house for dinner and I brought that with me and popped it in the microwave. It was very conveinent. I also put a dollop of fat free sour cream in it because it was a little spicy and that cooled it down. They also had a loaded baked potato and a chicken and dumplings one but I haven't tried those yet. They were a few more calories, like around 210 I think. I'm all about conveinence and I am always on the go with two kids so if you find some things quick and easy, let me know:) I already had one steri strip fall off. I can't wait for all of them to be gone so I can scrub my belly, LOL.

Hi Tabby. I went for my post op appt. too yesterday and their scale said that I had only lost 15lbs. where as my scale is saying 19lbs. I weighed myself on it just prior to going to surgery last week. I know it's only 4lbs. difference, but hey, every pound counts, LOL. I too was having more pain at my port site yesterday than I have had yet. I was close to taking some lortab it was so bad. But the nurse said that I probably overdid it the night before and I had slept on my right side too. I am looking forward to this mushy/soft food stage. Already had scrambled eggs for Breakfast and had no problem. I also bought some little tubs of instant mashed potatoes made by Idahoan its around 160 calories for the whole container but what I thought would be nice about it is that I can take it with me, add some Water and nuke it and still stay on this diet. I also found at Wal-Mart these Soups made by Marketside. They are located in the refrigerator part of the deli shelves (I was at the one in Bridgewater Falls) anyways, they have this chicken tortilla Soup that is already pureed into a broth mixture that is wonderful. It's 170 calories but it was so nice to have it already made. I was at a friends house for dinner and I brought that with me and popped it in the microwave. It was very conveinent. I also put a dollop of fat free sour cream in it because it was a little spicy and that cooled it down. They also had a loaded baked potato and a chicken and dumplings one but I haven't tried those yet. They were a few more calories, like around 210 I think. I'm all about conveinence and I am always on the go with two kids so if you find some things quick and easy, let me know:) I already had one steri strip fall off. I can't wait for all of them to be gone so I can scrub my belly, LOL.

Hi Mason! I just seen your reply today. here is HUGE congrats to you on your weightloss so far!!!! yes I agree every lb counts. Brandi said while scales vary at least now we can see from time to time their scales and know exactly how much we are losing. I am just overly anxious to hit that 299 mark. I want to say goodbye to the 300s forever!!!

I was actually without appetite until just a couple days and I swear it popped back overnight. I guess I can truley experience what everyone here on the boards call bandster He** LOL I know they said this is a time of healing not to worry about the weight but for me I don't want to go back to old habits. I have found eating something small every 2 to 3 hrs is good for me. Usually I start my day with cottage cheese and apple sauce. I have found for lunch I like those "smart ones" weight watcher dinners. I bought one the other day and tried it and really liked it so went back and bought a few more. They are really low in calories and a decent serving size. My husband LOVEs to cook so he makes soup and around 3 we each have a bowl of that and then supper is also prepared by him here at home. I haven't had a chance to get out and try different things. I know the first day on mushies I went overboard haha I am going to write the names of that soup down as well as the potatoes and get some in for lunch or whenever. I know I was told we can have 1200 cals a day now. If I find anything quick, good and easy I will be sure and let you know as well.

I have had one steristrip fall off and I wanna rip these other off so bad. I was hoping at the post op appntmnt they would've at least changed the bandages but no such luck.. I get so tired of standing in the shower trying to protect them. I will be so glad when I can fill my tub to the top and soak!