Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shopping Frustration...

I LOVE to shop and I love to buy clothes---even with the frustration of being extremely disappointed when trying on clothes and they dont fit or dont flatter me!!!

My major dilemmna is that I was out shopping yesterday and wanted to buy something SO bad for myself as a pick me up or feel good...but then I thought. Why would I do that when I am being banded on August 22nd and "hopefully" I will ungrow the clothes within a few weeks...why waste the money! So I bought a pair of shoes...it is always "safe" to buy shoes right?

I cannot wait to get back into my storage container of clothes from 50 pounds ago and then my other container of clothes from 70 pounds ago...or I can hope that they are out of style and I get to go SHOPPING!!!

Cannot wait for Aug 22nd! Patience is not one of my virtues!!!:P

the good part is you can go "shopping" in your own home and not spend any money. All those clothes will be new to you again. It is an awesome feeling. Good luck.

It may be different with women than for men, but I found as I lost weight and my smaller clothes fit me again, I didn't care for the style, or the item felt "old" to me. It was easier (and more fun) to go out and get new stuff that actually fit.

Of course, as I continued to lose weight, even those replaced items soon were too big, so I had to go shopping again. And again. And again. I've replaced everything in my closet three times now, and I'm looking ahead to Round Four.

Expensive? Yes. But totally worth it, because I feel good wearing nice, new clothes that fit right. People compliment me on my appearance now, and I can wear styles or colors I'd never have dared to wear before. And I figure the money I'm NOT spending on food can go into the clothes budget. I'm spending a WHOLE LOT less on clothes than I used to spend on food. And I love having that "spendorphin" rush. (Don't you love rationalization? :))

Dave

Spendorphin rush....I love it! I am so stealing that!!!

Oh, I know what you mean. I have a bag full of pants from 30-40 lbs ago that I was thinking about giving away, but it's hard to let go of them just in case I fit into them again. They've p---ed me off for so long, but now they're a source of hope.

Of course, being able to go into a "normal" store and buy their clothes is an even bigger motivation :) I hate going to the mall and only being able to try clothes at Lane Bryant and Torrid..

I still go to Torrid. They have the best shoes!

I am going to have a massive inside- garage sale. $5 - $10 dollars!! I have tonssssss of clothes in very good condition, but I'm not looking to make any money, just really let my friends have a pick of some nice things for practically free! They are pressuring me to hurry up and have the sale!lol I am not going to do it until I loose 50 lbs! I was just banded yesterday so mayb I will just do it the end of September! Good luck to u all!

Spendorphin rush....I love it! I am so stealing that!!!

:) Feel free. I swiped it too, but it sure fits sometimes!!

Dave

I am getting banded on the 22nd too!! I also think about shopping. Someday I will look good in everything.

be careful with the shoes I have now lost 85 pounds and all my shoes are to big!! I get where you are coming from though, I love to shop but do not buy much right now unless I really need it. I have another 60 pounds to loose and then I can start rebuilding my wardrobe!!!!!

Until you reach your goal, trying getting things in the in between sizes at Salvation Army. I have gotten some of the cutest clothes there. The are very inexpensive so you aren't investing alot into things you aren't going to be wearing for long plus the money you do spend is going to a charitable organization. Its a win-win!

I am so have happy to have read that other people have tubs of their own clothes that they are excited to get back into, I thought was my own lunacy! I have always spent a lit of money on "skinny" clothes, so have not wanted to part with them but when I'm heavy I never want to spend any money because I always have in the back if my mind oh I'll loose weight so the good clothes will fit so why buy "fat clothes"....even more so have never thought that I really deserved to buy new stuff when I'm heavy. Consequently I have a ton of clothes that are size 8 & 10, quite a few 12 & 14's, some 16 -18's, and very few 18-22's which is my current size. I am really looking forward to being able to enjoy my own clothes, and all the new ones I will find a reason to need in the future, the hope I feel today is amazing. The band, and band community is awesome!!

I LOVE to shop and I love to buy clothes---even with the frustration of being extremely disappointed when trying on clothes and they dont fit or dont flatter me!!!

My major dilemmna is that I was out shopping yesterday and wanted to buy something SO bad for myself as a pick me up or feel good...but then I thought. Why would I do that when I am being banded on August 22nd and "hopefully" I will ungrow the clothes within a few weeks...why waste the money! So I bought a pair of shoes...it is always "safe" to buy shoes right?

I cannot wait to get back into my storage container of clothes from 50 pounds ago and then my other container of clothes from 70 pounds ago...or I can hope that they are out of style and I get to go SHOPPING!!!

Cannot wait for Aug 22nd! Patience is not one of my virtues!!!:P

I hate to burst your bubble, but you do lose weight in your feet as well!! You will have to shop for shoes also. Double the fun

Robbie

wink.gif

(keep in mind im not band and dont know when i will b im on a waiting list)<BR>i also aLWAYs feel the need to shop..but i just cant stand going into stores coz i dont seem to find anything i like or the fear of not fitting into things..the right way..and plus size clothing isss wayyy 2 over priced..so ive been buying clothes online from forever 21 they r cheap and they will only last time the fashion will last!