Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Problem I've Never Had Before...

So, tomorrow marks a week since I had another fill in my band, but something incredibly weird is going on.

The first few days, it was the typical swelling. You know, the whole can't eat much solid stuff? Then, Sunday and Monday nights, I was perfectly able to eat my dinner. I had an artichoke Sunday and went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and had some steak on Monday. Tuesday afternoon, I partook in some leftover steak, and since then, all has been hell.

I can eat barely anything and I am never hungry. I mean NEVER. It's very unhealthy, I think. I'll wait 12 hours and absolutely nothing. I know that the steak I ate on Monday went down fine because I was hungry on Tuesday and I didn't throw up. I know my band has not slipped because I can drink liquids perfectly fine and I do not experience pain with them. I know nothing is caught because when something is caught, I throw up. Every time I eat something, no matter how little, I feel like I've overstuffed myself. It is an incredibly uncomfortable sensation and it is almost pain in my stomach. I know I NEED to eat. I haven't eaten in over 9 hours, and something needs to get down. I can eat about three bites before the sensation of "stretching" comes back in my stomach and I stop. I do not want to stretch my pouch. I'm starting to feel sort of weak and I'm getting hunger headaches. I'm not hungry at all!

The ONLY thing I can think of is that I'm constipated. I developed a little pain this morning in my lower stomach, nowhere near my band or my port. I took some laxatives, but they have yet to take effect. We'll see how it goes in the morning. If this isn't fixed tomorrow, I need to get to my doctor.

Has anyone else had this problem? Why would I be able to eat for 4 days and all of a sudden not be able to? It makes no sense at all!

Thank you all,

Elizabeth

One poster hypothesized that delayed feelings of fullness happen as the saline fill equilibrates in the tubing and band, other than that I can't explain your delay, but I do think you need a tiny unfill....if you got 1 cc maybe 0.25 unfill would be enough. Please post how you are doing.

Mimi

I had that happen about a year ago, and I ended up going back for a tiny unfill. I think my doc took out .2 cc's. It's amazing how the tiniest tweak can make the biggest difference! Sometimes it takes a few days for your fill/unfill to settle...it's not always an instant change. Outside factors can affect your band too. Constipation definitely will make you tighter. I also get tight around "that time of the month." Some cycles I can only do fluids for a couple days because I'm so darn bloated. If I have a cold I also can't eat because I get all that post-nasal drip crap that clogs me up. But regardless, If you can't eat, I would get to the doc ASAP and get a little Fluid taken out! Remember you can always get it put back in if you need it later on.

If the point of having the band is to dim the appetite, maybe this last fill got you to that point. I have 9cc in a 14cc band, and I rarely experience actual hunger pangs. I usually eat on a schedule because I can't rely on my system to tell me it's time to eat. And even if I do feel a bit of hunger pangs, I can easily ignore them, if eating isn't convenient. Not a good way to work my eating plan, I know, so I tend to eat by the clock.

So maybe there isn't anything wrong at all, but you just finally reached your sweet spot. ?

Dave

I have seen a couple of posts on here about delayed reactions to fills...I have no idea how that could happen but it seems to be happening to you. It could also be related to some of the things "klariade" mentioned. Hope you get it sorted out as it doesn't really sound fun for you right now and probably not healthy either.

drink a protien shake if its that bad, i have to do liquids for 2 days after a fill, it helps

I am like that, posted about it over a month ago, but I haven't had a fill in 7 or 8 months. I/m just not hungry most of the time. DH fusses enough for me to remember to grap something. But my big deal is that I honestly tighten as the weather get hotter. Sat. - Tues., I really didn't want to eat. It was more than not being hungry, I didn't want anything and I doubted that anything would go down. About 4 oz of Water made me fell like I would pop. I got food in, chicken, but just a very little. Temps cooler today and I had Breakfast (very rare), half of a salad and 1 slice of pizza, which I couldn't finish.