Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Lap Band Fill - Inquiring Minds...

I am coming up on my first fill, and was wondering what to expect. Not so much with the procedure itself, but the feeling after. Can you feel that you've been filled? Is this the time when you start worrying about that 'stuck' thing everyone keeps talking about? Do you actually get full faster, cause right now I pretty much feel like I could eat anything, although I haven't...but I feel 'normal'.

It's your first fill so you probably won't feel much difference.

when is your first fill? mine is august 5th... wondering what it will be like too... my PA said I will get 5cc's the first time.

when is your first fill? mine is august 5th... wondering what it will be like too... my PA said I will get 5cc's the first time.

You get a large fill the first time because the tubing connecting the port needs to be filled. I had trouble keeping anything down the day of the fill. I threw up the Water they gave me to drink on the way home. I probably should have turned around and gone back but I didn't. The next morning I was fine. It took me 3 fills to feel any restriction.

Hi Newbie! Mine is the 11th. Lemme know how it goes.

At my first fill when I got up from the table I got this tightening sensation in the area of the band. Did not hurt just felt the sensation. I did not have restriction (that took 6 months); and did not have that sensation in the following fills. Just the first time. I told the nurse and she said I was not the first person to mention it.

You have to look at each fill as a stepping stone that gets you closer and closer to the green xone. The first fill is your first step. I felt restriction for a few days but then nothing, but I did notice some small changes in my body. I experienced getting stuck once and never experienced that before my first fill. That was my body's way of telling me that something has changed and something is different. My appetite came back big time, but I still managed to lose something.

I had my second fill-another stepping stone...I feel different now then I did with the first fill. I have trouble eating more foods then I did with my first fill. So I view each fill gets you closer and closer. The band require a lot of patience but it gives your body a chance to slowly adapt.

I keep hearing about 'getting stuck'. What is that exactly, and what happens - how do you know?

You have to look at each fill as a stepping stone that gets you closer and closer to the green xone. The first fill is your first step. I felt restriction for a few days but then nothing, but I did notice some small changes in my body. I experienced getting stuck once and never experienced that before my first fill. That was my body's way of telling me that something has changed and something is different. My appetite came back big time, but I still managed to lose something.

I had my second fill-another stepping stone...I feel different now then I did with the first fill. I have trouble eating more foods then I did with my first fill. So I view each fill gets you closer and closer. The band require a lot of patience but it gives your body a chance to slowly adapt.

I don't understand what you all mean by restriction... does that mean you feel full? I haven't had my first fill yet (next week on the 5th) but rarely am I hungry... My belly growls on occasion but most of the time I eat my 3 meals because my family are eating the meals. I measure it out and am eating between 1/2 cup and 1 1/4 cup of food. I never feel full but am satisfied. I have been on solid normal foods since friday and haven't had any problems sometimes I worry that I am stretching my pouch because I am eating when I am not hungry... I have trouble getting in all my Proteins because I just don't want/feel like eating. I try to be strict with eating my 3 meals and I always eat the Protein first but don't think I am getting enough. For snack if I feel I must eat I have been eating those cottage doubles which are 100 calories and 8 gm of protein still have to have Protein Shakes which my surgeon said that at this stage I should be getting my protein from my food... I dunno I feel confused at times as whether I am doing this right.