Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so upset. I had my surgery on June 8th and did great with weight loss during the pre op diet and then for a couple weeks post op. I have not lost any weight for a month now and I am trying so hard. Im sticking to good eating habits and i work out every day!!!!! What can i do to boost this along? I go for my second fill in one week.

I went through exactly the same thing,or should say going through the same thing. They never explained to me just how long it takes with fills. I heard that you have to find your "sweet spot" with your fills and it takes a little while. I felt it was not tight enough and that's why I was saying the same as you and not losing weight (for over a month!). Finally today I had my 3rd fill and MADE them make it really tight, and now for the first time I am really feeling what it's supposed to do! I am sure you just need to get there as well. I wish you luck and will come back to this to see how your doing later and report myself as well.

~GOOD LUCK!~

:clap:

Are you having a calorie deficit every day? If so, just stick with it. This is a slow and steady path.

I also had my surgery on 8 June!! I'm having the same issue! I've been stuck at the same weight and/or gaining. It is VERY frustrating and I completely feel your pain. Have you had a fill yet? I go Monday and I'm really hoping it helps.

I also had my surgery on 8 June!! I'm having the same issue! I've been stuck at the same weight and/or gaining. It is VERY frustrating and I completely feel your pain. Have you had a fill yet? I go Monday and I'm really hoping it helps.

Hi ~ yeah i've had one fill and i go next wednesday for my next one. i dont feel like i have any restriction. i'm going to ask for as much as possible. i just don't see how i can eat any less. good luck monday with your fill hope it goes well. thanks for the support

I'm 4 mos out and this is my advice, Ive lost 66 lbs so far.

1. Track your food, how much Protein, calories, carbs, etc. Make sure you are getting 70 gms of protein each day and go light on the carbs. Remember protein first and don't drink with your meals. 30mins before or after.

2. track your Water, at least 64 oz a day, I lose best closer to 100oz a day

3. Exercise daily, start slow and build up. The more you move the more you lose. Track this as well, preferably on something like livestrong.com so you can compare this to your calorie intake.

4. Get enough Fiber to keep your digestion moving.

5. Don't go too tight. If you are too tight you are more likely to slip or just be miserable. Instead Learn to eat slowly and enjoy the food. I like chewing a lot. Why I used to gulpband swallow I don't know.

6. Limit liquid calories and slider foods. That said I do allow myself one WW mini ice-cream sandwich a day so I don't binge.

Eventually you don't need to track everyday. But when I slow down a bit I go back to tracking.

Ok it's been a full 24 hours since my 3rd fill yesterday and for the first time it feels like it should! ...I also got a bill in the mail for $415 for the last one... Don't forget how much money they make off your fills (whether your insurance covers or not). They want it to take forever. Demand the tightness to where YOU need it! When I found all this out, I had a longggg talk with the fill doc yesterday, and "WAHLA!" I'm FINALLY where I need it! Eating has finally been great and satisfying. A few bites and I am good to go! I don't even feel hungry (STARVING more like it!) anymore like I have the last 3 months. Now I have faith that ya'll will get there too.

These docs are a pain to deal with, but remember....

~It's YOUR body. YOUR in control. That's why you did this in the first place, right?~

:welldoneclap:

Thanks!! Good luck to you too!!

How long does your dr make you wait inbetween fills?

also got a bill in the mail for $415 for the last one... Don't forget how much money they make off your fills (whether your insurance covers or not).

$415!!!! HOLY CRAPOLA! Thank goodness all my fills for the first 13months are included with my band. I'd have a heart attack if I got that bill.

Thanks!! Good luck to you too!!

How long does your dr make you wait inbetween fills?

one month

Monday will be my first fill. (We'll i'm assuming I'll get a fill that day. This will be my first appointment other then my 2 week follow up.) I've read another thread that said he likes you to wait 3 months between fills. I'm REALLY hoping that that was a mistake or something and I won't have to wait that long. This staying at the same weight and/or gaining is so frustrating!

Monday will be my first fill. (We'll i'm assuming I'll get a fill that day. This will be my first appointment other then my 2 week follow up.) I've read another thread that said he likes you to wait 3 months between fills. I'm REALLY hoping that that was a mistake or something and I won't have to wait that long. This staying at the same weight and/or gaining is so frustrating!

My doctor does it every 4 weeks until you get to the "green zone"

$415!!!! HOLY CRAPOLA! Thank goodness all my fills for the first 13months are included with my band. I'd have a heart attack if I got that bill.

It's ok ;)I am not too worried about it. It's a fluke with my insurance because it just switched over to something else, and I wont have to pay anything, BUT just to make a point... the fill docs make a LOT of money off your fills, whether insurance pays or not. They don't want you to have just one and be gone.. it's a slow grueling process for many of us who were not blessed with extra good docs.

I was told 6 weeks between fills, but since It was so loose and I was complaining (as well as gained a pound), they let me get my 3rd one within a month.