Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A lie does not become anything other than a lie when you call it a joke.

I don't see anything "funny" about Cancer at all. My Husband had a Kidney Removed do to Kidney Cancer. The other one has to do the work for 2.

It can e done, but it's a bit hard to understand, and deal with. The Repercussions can end up in Gout, Renal Failure. So you walk a tight line, and you hope for the best.

He knows eventually it's Dialysis. For him,, he refuses to do it, he watched his Mother Die from it. So his choice is to Die at home Naturally..

I know what a lot of you are thinking, but when his time comes,, He's already come to peace with this, and it's legally done. So,,,, unless he changes his mind in a FLASH..... He will get his wish.

So Clown: I looked up your age, and really have a hard time believing that too. I can't see this kind of surgery on a 90 yr. old person.

I know my surgeon wouldn't do it.

How ever old you are, you should grow up, and just tell them you are a success with the band, and forget the jokes.

One day you might tell that joke to the wrong person, "someone who just lost some one to Cancer." and they are going to knock your teeth down your throat !

I would think first, if I were you.

Karma is not always a pleasant thing.

Amen ! Nothing else is more true !

Tell them you bought a tapeworm online.

I tell people that I'm making lifestyle changes and that they're paying off, which is totally true! I don't always feel the need to tell people that I've had WLS, but I can tell people that I'm exercising and training for a 5K, and that I'm eating less and healthier, and I wouldn't be lying!

As for the cancer jokes, I don't think it's a matter of being uptight as much as it is being considerate and thoughtful when we make jokes about certain things. Just remember that while you might think it's funny doesn't mean that everyone else does, and it's best to keep the jokes like that to a minimum.

I always just come on out with the truth. I got lapband and dropped over 100 pounds. In my eyes it would not be the truth to expect people to accept I did it the old fashoned way of eating less and exercising more. That way has never worked for me and only works for about 5% of people who try it. Lapband works for me and I have no problem telling people the truth. I have not had anyone put me down for it. Everyone has said how happy they are for me and so on.....

I agree with everyone here, you shouldn't joke about cancer it is a child killer and an adult killer and I find it sad that you need to joke about it. How do the people on the receiving end of the joke react? Did you ever think that that person could have cancer? My husband servived colon cancer, my mother breast cancer and I cervical cancer. WHY would you say you had such a deadly desease? Please scrap that in your bad joke file and find something else to joke about, OR just be proud you took the steps to improve the quality of your life. Good luck with your journey!

So, whenever I see people I haven't seen in a while, they always ask how I lost my weight... I usually do the E Coli joke. Sometimes it's "Cancer does wonders with weight loss!" Sometimes it's Montezuma's Revenge.

Anyone else mess with people? I'm tired of using the same jokes.

I like a bad joke too- but the cancer thing crosses a line. Try tapeworm instead.

Personally I say I had a band put in and watch them marvel at how good I look :-)

I would stick with Montezuma's Revenge. That's actually is funny!

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!! LMAO!:lol:

That is appropriate for him... The Newest thing in WLS to Brag or Joke about.

He should go down to Mexico, and order chicken in a Restaurant. Only to find out in months, at the Dr.'s Office that what they served him was CROW! and Yes he would probably end up with a Tapeworm. So clown: Don't worry about drinking the Water ! You better watch yourself in general... That's no joke. :Banane41: What goes around comes around. Also The Ying, and The Yang. It's all about balance,.

Cindy You are so right.! ! !

So Clown made a joke that some people didn't find funny or were even offended by. If we were all skinny our whole lives and made some of the fat jokes that we do here others would be offended by that! Let's just all drop it and move on. I think he's been reprimanded enough! I'm sure he didn't mean to offend, he was just trying to create a few smiles.

I am very proud of what I have accomplished so far and the band is a major tool in my weight loss. I will tell any one who asks, and some people who don't, about my surgery. Maybe it will help them or someone they know.

I agree. I'm a firm believer in paying it forward! If my experience can help one person then it's worth the criticism of a million!