Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope you don't mind if a vent a little...so here it goes!

I am SO sick of stores putting their women's clothes right next to the friggen maternity clothes! I find it so insulting!

I went to Target and they are set up like this Juniors, Ladies, Maternity, Womans. WTH?! I found myself looking at clothes only to realize that I crossed over to maternity. Kmart is the same way. Why don't they just put maternity clothes near the baby clothes-seriously! I just get so mad! And the woman's sections at these stores just keeps getting smaller and smaller! I would love to know what thoughless A** decided that would be a lovely idea!

angry.gif

I'm not sure why that's insulting to you- but I'm sorry you're upset.

Been there, done that!

It is stupid how they are set up!!

And it seems like Target especially doesn't know what a real size 18 is!!! Their 18 is more like a 14!!

Vent away!!

Must have been designed by a skinny person!

:P

I am SO sick of stores putting their women's clothes right next to the friggen maternity clothes! I find it so insulting!

I went to Target and they are set up like this Juniors, Ladies, Maternity, Womans. WTH?! I found myself looking at clothes only to realize that I crossed over to maternity. Kmart is the same way. Why don't they just put maternity clothes near the baby clothes-seriously! I just get so mad! And the woman's sections at these stores just keeps getting smaller and smaller! I would love to know what thoughless A** decided that would be a lovely idea!

angry.gif

Have hated that forever. And do you notice they're always in furtherest away spot in the store. I guess they don't want the other customers to see the fat people.

Really , have you ever notice where's the men section is , it's always in the back or the middle , and the clothes choices for a older man suck now , I am not some skinny jean , raggy shirt wearer , I want men clothes , since I have lost 60 lbs , I now shop at jc penny for my outfits now and have giving up on department stores

It is annoying when I'm looking at a cute top and then realize it's a maternaty shirt. What gets me the most though is that there are such cute and trendy looking maternity clothes available and ugly crap for plus size. I always feel like we're being punished for being fat...like we don't deserve to be big and look cute..unless we're pregnant. Ahh, hopefully this will soon be a former annoyance.

angry.gif

i agree, it is flipping humilating, but skinny sells and that just sucks. Even when you look at say Land Bryant the models are thin, just in big clothing....seems there is an endless supply of companies that think nothing of "shaming" a woman.:(

I guess we are supposed to only wear flowered mumus......no, thanks! (And not meaning to offend anyone that happens to wear a mumu!!) They look like they might be comfy but not quite my style!

and it KILLS me to see NON-plus size models showing off plus size clothes!!! Hello, plus-size clothing makers, show PLUS-SIZE MODELS wearing them!!! You're not fooling anyone!!

i agree, it is flipping humilating, but skinny sells and that just sucks. Even when you look at say Land Bryant the models are thin, just in big clothing....seems there is an endless supply of companies that think nothing of "shaming" a woman.:(

OP...could you expound on why you find it insulting?

I'm not trying to be a smartass or cynical... I would just like to know....better "understand" women rolleyes.gif.

Because in my way of thinking... why wouldn't they do it? It makes a lot of more sense than putting the maternity section right next to the pharmacy... or the pet section... or even lawn and gardens.

Why not right next to the baby section? Well....that does make more sense... but perhaps it's because people that already HAVE babies (no more in womb) don't really need to go to the maternity section. (That is... to your disappointment your baby wasn't born 75lbs like you wished for.)

Maybe I'm reaching here... but it does seem understanding the opposite sex is an exercise in futility.

Old Navy has some cute women's clothes- mainly online but their return policy is great

Oh good it's not just me! They keeping making our section of the school smaller and smaller. You are right about Target-they run so small! Kohls too in the sleeves are so tight. The tops all look like old lady tops-nothing stylish. At least Lane Bryany has trendy clothes so I'll put up with their skiiny models and I notice that they do hire heavy set women so I will give them that! Except I hate how they changed their pant sizes to single number-I am confused with all that!

my solution..I am getting out my sewing machine..lol

OP...could you expound on why you find it insulting?

I'm not trying to be a smartass or cynical... I would just like to know....better "understand" women rolleyes.gif.

Because in my way of thinking... why wouldn't they do it? It makes a lot of more sense than putting the maternity section right next to the pharmacy... or the pet section... or even lawn and gardens.

Why not right next to the baby section? Well....that does make more sense... but perhaps it's because people that already HAVE babies (no more in womb) don't really need to go to the maternity section. (That is... to your disappointment your baby wasn't born 75lbs like you wished for.)

Maybe I'm reaching here... but it does seem understanding the opposite sex is an exercise in futility.

LOL You'd just have to be a woman to understand it! lol

If they put it near the newborn section the could buy clothes for themselves and their soon to be born baby!

Tell me why my Macy's has the woman's department segmented to a completely different floor than the "general population?"

Most men don't care about clothes much-at least I know my husband doesn't so it's hard to appreciate all the things we women go through!

I find the Macy's set up annoying. If you are at the 1X/XL size you have to carry stuff from one floor to another to try them on together to see which fits better. I'm glad to hear others find the sizing at Targets to be on the small side. I also think their close are not very good quality. JC Penny also puts the maternity clothes next to Plus Size.