Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was it too much of a fill or am I just crazy?

I got my second fill yesturday and I think it's 7cc's all together (because it was pre-filled when I got it placed) I don't know. But when he had me drink some Water I felt fine, drank some more Water but half way home that umcomfortable feeling wouldn't go away, so I figrued I'd wait til I got home because the last time I got a fill it went away and I kept getting hiccups and this burping feeling but if I tried to burp it'd feel like I had to puke. Well, I tried eating Soup and it was very, very hard to eat anything. I couldn't even eat a freeze pop. So I barely got any liquids down, I tried sipping Soup but that was even hard and later at night it was even hard to sip pear juice. I thought laying down would help but it really didn't. I couldn't barely even sleep it was so uncomfortable. It feels like a balloon is inflated(sp?) in my chest.

It's not because I ate too much right? I mean how can it be if I couldn't even drink water

I'm full of problems... blahh

I got my second fill yesturday and I think it's 7cc's all together (because it was pre-filled when I got it placed) I don't know. But when he had me drink some Water I felt fine, drank some more Water but half way home that umcomfortable feeling wouldn't go away, so I figrued I'd wait til I got home because the last time I got a fill it went away and I kept getting hiccups and this burping feeling but if I tried to burp it'd feel like I had to puke. Well, I tried eating Soup and it was very, very hard to eat anything. I couldn't even eat a freeze pop. So I barely got any liquids down, I tried sipping soup but that was even hard and later at night it was even hard to sip pear juice. I thought laying down would help but it really didn't. I couldn't barely even sleep it was so uncomfortable. It feels like a balloon is inflated(sp?) in my chest.

It's not because I ate too much right? I mean how can it be if I couldn't even drink water

I'm full of problems... blahh

Definitely sounds like you much of a fill. I have had it many many times! Go back and have them take some out and see if that helps. Trust me on this, you don't want your band slipping because it got too tight, its not worth the headaches of getting it fixed. Good luck!

I am, my chest really hurts

and it made me vommit twice last night

I was told, although I haven't gotten a fill yet, that when you get one you need to treat it almost as though you just got surgery and take it really really slow, since there will be swelling for a couple of days. Those who have gotten fills can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would give it a day or so and then see how you're feeling.

I was told, although I haven't gotten a fill yet, that when you get one you need to treat it almost as though you just got surgery and take it really really slow, since there will be swelling for a couple of days. Those who have gotten fills can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would give it a day or so and then see how you're feeling.

I have to disagree. Since she is so tight, even Water won't stay down I would get a slight unfill right away.

If you can't get or keep fluids down.. go and have some of the new fill taken back out. And do it today or tomorrow before you become dehydrated over the weekend and are faced with an ER visit!

I had to see another doctor today since mine was out for the day and he took one cc out and instantly my chest pain went away and my nauseated feeling went away too. I'm just so happy I feel better. He said to drink liquids today and tomorrow to eat softer foods and such. I go back next Tuesday and he's going to give me another fill, hopefully not as much maybe half of what my doctor put in yesturday. I could not have given it another day or two, the pain hurt so bad, I couldn't do anything and it was hard to lay down long enough for him to take it out. But yeah, I hope when I go back he gives me enough but not to the point when I become like that. On the bright side, I lost 5 pounds in a week!

you did the right thing. if you can't get liquids down, you're too tight.

I had to see another doctor today since mine was out for the day and he took one cc out and instantly my chest pain went away and my nauseated feeling went away too. I'm just so happy I feel better. He said to drink liquids today and tomorrow to eat softer foods and such. I go back next Tuesday and he's going to give me another fill, hopefully not as much maybe half of what my doctor put in yesturday. I could not have given it another day or two, the pain hurt so bad, I couldn't do anything and it was hard to lay down long enough for him to take it out. But yeah, I hope when I go back he gives me enough but not to the point when I become like that. On the bright side, I lost 5 pounds in a week!

Great-so gald you took care of yourself and are feeling better!!!! Must have been really scary.

Before when I wasn't near my sweet spot I would find having anything even liquids a few hours after my fill would bother my stomach. The more i tried to drink the harder it would become.

I would suggest waiting a few hours after a fill before you trying to eat or drink anything.

Also if your doctor takes out your entire fill and then put new saline + some, your first few hours after might be hell.

Generally I go through 20-24 hours where I can't swallow my own spit. I attempt milk ( works better then Water for me) every few hours and suddenly it will magically be ok. I know so many people will shun me for not going for an unfill but that is just how my fills work.

My last fill I got .3cc put in, couldn't swallow my own spit for 22.5 hours, pain in my chest etc and then drank milk and it went down. 12 hours after I was able to get in milk I was hungry just being on liquids and could even get mushies down ( tried it was ok but didn't continue it). Then I did liquids for 2 days.

No need to rush on fills though, if you can lose weight still with small fills stick with that.

Glad you're ok

so glad things worked out for you!

Thanks!

It was really scary, I never had that pain before, well I have but didn't last that long and wasn't caused by a fill or the band. I don't know if this is normal or not, but at the bottom of my rib cage like in the center hurts mainly when I eat or drink anything but I can eat and drink, it just hurts and I was wondering if it's caused by having the band too tight for too long or what? But yeah I couldn't get anything down or else I would have waited. And I don't know how much he's going to put back in on Tuesday but I just hope it won't bother me when I go to the fair, but I really can't wait to start getting this weight down.

I lost what I want to talk about but thanks guys

I got a fill July 5th, I did ok at first. The last week I cannot sleep at night because I am constantly coughing and have mucas in my throat. This is why I had all my liquid taken out. I was to the point I could not sleep and not very happy to be around. Could my fill have gotten tighter? I have not had much luck with this fill since I received it but this is more than I can tolerate. An I have lots of pain in my chest and back.