Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Turtle Tribe Role Call

I just posted earlier today in the regular turtle thread. I am going for my third fill next week and I actually have gained a few pounds since surgery. I think I have lost those few but that gives me a net loss of zero. Filled to 2.8 currently. ?? Does that sound right? Do I qualify? Maybe my third fill will be charmed. I have my fingers crossed.

LilAngel, I answered your question on the Turtle thread. I can't qualify you, but I can feel your pain! I hope this fill does wonders for you. I also hope that mine (also next week) does wonders for me.

Ok Vines - I'm here and with a very sincere apology for ditching out when I got too discouraged to come and face LBT everyday. I posted over on the Slow Loser thread and I should follow your example by not just bugging out on our Turtle Tribe. I'm soo sorry. Here I am - steady and strong and ready to help us Turtles lead the path! I feel like we need some sort of Turtle Battle Cry!!!!!!! But turtles don't make any sounds except their legs scratching the ground when they get stuck on their backs and try to flip over.........hmmmmm that's an appropriate analagy as I recently felt like I was on my back and struggling to get flipped over and back on my feet except I didn't make any scratching noises.......or did I?.............GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TURTLE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) <oink> <oink> :baby: uh, I mean, HERE!

I'd make the turtle sound, but I haven't learned it yet... :noidea:

Don't wake me up... lol I'm in some serious denial...

:bananapowerslide:

I'm here too. 10 months and only 20lbs. :) I got down 25...then gained 5...then lost back 2. I have been exercising and hopefully I will start to lose again. My NSV last week was I got into a pair of size 10 jeans! I think they just ran big though. It made me feel good anyway!

Hi! I was feeling alone until I came across this thread!

Do I count at 24 pounds down since Dec 05, that's 6 pounds a month Am going in for an unfill as I see now that I am too tight and not losing because I am not eating enough or the right foods...

Have been feeling sorry for myself but figured that is was better to lose slow in order for the body to catch up with the loss! (ie I initially was excited by my breasts, upper arms and thighs beginning to hang limply but now I'm worried that they'll never go back into shape!)

Yup that's my rate of loss for the last year. 4 ounces a month.... sigh

TURTLES! OLLY OLLY OXEN! FREE! FREE! FREE!

Where is everyone?

Hey, I'm here. Sorry I've been scarce, but I got a new job and things have been hectic.

I've averaged 8 oz a week until 2 weeks ago. Not quite as bad, but still severely depressing. And I'm just so tired of having a panic attack every time I consider eating because I don't know if I'll slime. I do about 50% of the time. It's WAY embarassing in public. I'm not too tight, I'm just having esophagus spasms. Seems like I got alot of the problems with very little reward.

OK, I'll quit whining. Others (Crystal, Jack, etc.) have it much worse than me. Think positive, think positive, think positive....

Kryssa,

I have the same issue you do with the spasms. When I go out to eat anymore, I almost always order some type of thin Soup, and nibble off of my friends/family's plates. Of course, this really only works if you'd told folks about your surgery, lol.

After it passes (in my case, I sit for an hour stuck on my first or second bite of food), do you open up, and are able to eat? That seems to be the case with me.

Anyway, I haven't even calculated my average lately.. I know it's better than some, but I'd rather not look. :)

I am still around. Still at my 41 pound loss at the 13+ months out. I was

hoping to lose 52 pounds in a years time, but I guess it was not to be.

I still seem to have good restriction, I just wish my head would

cooperate! I am not giving up though! I've started back walking since

the weather is getting nicer and have noticed some toning. One day

maybe I'll be a rabbit! lol

Rhonda

Dr Lopez 3/10/05

221/180/140

Sarah,

Oh yeah. I stay stuck for 10-45 minutes but then I can eat. Well, to clarify, I can eat about 2 to 2 1/2 cups of food. I've never gotten to that 1/2 cup of food stage...I am starting to think that might not happen for me. My doc says this is classic spasms, not a fill problem. Ok, I can go with that. I'm trying to decide on another fill. The downside is the new job's health insurance specifically excludes any form of bariatric surgery or the maintenance thereof (i.e. fills), so I'm self-pay from here on out. AND I have no leave with which to take time off for a Dr. visit. It's a conspiracy...no, it's a promotion!!!

Guess I qualify for Turtle Club..........whopping 30 lbs in 6 months.........also have been filled...unfilled and now filled only to 1 cc; but going to try different doctor for fills even though I will have to self pay...just don't want to have this great tool and not have it doing its utmost to help me.....................So need doctor that will deal with my fickle body!