Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi - so recently I have noticed that things seem a lot tighter since it has been so humid, and so I feel like my food choices are dwindling; I am at 5.8cc in an 11 cc band. I recently bought a juicer, and it seems like I am finally able to get the fruits and veggies in that I have been missing. Has anyone else had an experience with juicing? I know that a lot of people have been told not to rely on liquids for their food intake, but I am not doing this fgor every meal - and honestly it is to help supplement my diet while things are an issue with the tightness. I am convinced that it is weather related becuase when I was in Florida in May it was really hot there and I had the EXACT same thing - only to come home to Chicago where it was still much cooler and NOT have the problem.

Also, if you have tried juicing, do you know where I might find some good recipes? I am a newbie and really want some ideas. Thanks!

Go get a small unfill and eat proper food. You'll get better nutrition and stay satiated longer.

Juicing will give you calories but will not make you full.

And being too tight due to swelling and heat can cause other problems.

Lots of sugar in fruit juice. I'd keep an eye on that. Sure, it's natural unprocessed sugar but it can really add up.

I have had my lapband since aug 2006.

I have just started juicing this past week. I will Celebrate 5 yrs of weight loss. I must say this is the first time I am able to get in the Vitamins from mostly fruits since I started juicing. I believe if you watch your intake and juice more veggies that fruit you will be just fine. I'm not a big fan of the green juices they smell and taste like grass clippings but am working on my own combinations. Although I prefer to eat my salads there are some greens that will not go down no matter how I prepare them, examples broccolli, cauliflower, carrots. so I have made a Tomato jusice combining a few of these and adding tabasco and wishishere sauce, simalar to a bloody mary minus the voldka. That being said.

I think juicing is a great idea and wish I would have discovered it sooner. I don't knlw why the docs and dietticians do not recomend it for barriatric and lapband patients. As for recipes, i just googled juicing recipes and alterded them to my tastes.

Good Luck with your juicing venture!