Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had surgery on May 20th and am down 27 pounds so far. I work at a hospital and some coworkers were just congratulating me on my success so far. I work in X-ray and I got this elderly patient who looked at me and said "I hope your baby wasn't in the room with us during the procedure." and she pointed to my stomach. FAIL. Went home and cried.

So I had surgery on May 20th and am down 27 pounds so far. I work at a hospital and some coworkers were just congratulating me on my success so far. I work in X-ray and I got this elderly patient who looked at me and said "I hope your baby wasn't in the room with us during the procedure." and she pointed to my stomach. FAIL. Went home and cried.

Dont u let that bother you !! U have done a great job and the only opinion that matter s is yours !!!! :D U have lost 27 pounds !! go to a whole sale club and try to pick up a 25 pound box of laundry soap and see how heavy that is, now imagine it dropping on that patients foot =)

you will be surprised to see hoe heavy that is, be happy that is off your body for good !!!! chin up =):D

Dont u let that bother you !! U have done a great job and the only opinion that matter s is yours !!!! :D U have lost 27 pounds !! go to a whole sale club and try to pick up a 25 pound box of laundry soap and see how heavy that is, now imagine it dropping on that patients foot =)

you will be surprised to see hoe heavy that is, be happy that is off your body for good !!!! chin up =):D

THAT IS AWESOME - TOO FUNNY I LOVE IT!

Bummer, sometimes people can be cruel and not even know it. You are rockin the weight loss and we are all proud of you.

Old people..... gotta love 'em!

I had surgery May 3 2011 going for my secon fill tomorrow and I was 277 when I went on pre op diet. I am down 37 lbs and would feel the same way you feel but just remember that it IS success to be down 27lbs and girl we are just getting started. I excercise and loose inches but the weight is not falling off. Just keep you head high and don't give up just keep going and taking the advice given by the technicians that do the fills for you. I go for my second fill tomorrow I have 3 CC's now and hopefully will get a couple more CC's tomorrow. I have been asked many times if I was "expecting", geeze who does that???? Best of luck to you!!

Okay, maybe I am just sensitive because I have been overweight for years BUT...............I would NEVER make a comment about someone expecting. Don't let it bother you though. Use this as a reason to focus on your weight loss!

I never comment on someone I think might be pregnant until I see the baby crowning!

But in all seriousness you are doing great! I've been there plenty of times and some days I can do ok and other I fall apart and cry. (((Hugs)))

Old people and kids have no filter. I work at a Children's Hospital and I get kids who say "Mommy why is she so fat?" all the time. Usually the parents are appalled, but some dont even react. If appropriate, I get down to their level with a big smile and a friendly voice and tell the kids that people come in all shapes and sizes and that everyone is special in their own way. Then I move on.

I think the old lady was worried if you were doing xrays and she thought you had a baby in the bin. but old people 1/2 see anyhow, dont take it too hard. she was concerend not mean and you have done a great job! One day at a time... but dont worry about folks.. soon you gonna be singing... LOOK at me now BABY--

I agree old people can't see nayway. Plus you probably lost weight in your face (looking thinner) and since you lost 27 pounds (which is A LOT of weight) your clothes were loose. Thinner face+ looser shirt might give that impression. Whn you dtart wearing clthes that show off your weight loss it will be different!

I am a teacher and I had a 4th grade giel ask my about my "baby" WTH??!!! Okay-so she was only 9 years old, but seriously!!

Don't feel bad because I wisj I lost 2y pounds since my surgery on May 26th. My scale broke about 2 weeks ago and I bought a new one-I haven't dared to step on in yet since I know I haven't lost and I may have gained.

You should have said "Oh the baby doesn't mind-she's use to by now" lol Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer! Mess with thei minds the next time someone is insenstive!

I've gotten the pregnant comment from an old person before too.

I'm confident that one day that will be a funny memory. ;)

Congrats on the weight loss so far!

I got that comment from a little old lady patient that I had seen every 6 months for eleven years. I love the little lady and she knows I'm a grandmother ..... go figure. She came in and poked me in the stomach and said "you having a baby?"

She was not joking. I just told her "no, I'm just really fat." I could tell she felt bad about what she said and we both put it behind us. Since the weightloss she told me how great I look. :)

ive got that comment many times..even when i was thinner..and it really sux..i got that comment a few months ago..and started laughing for how nervous i was..

basically i was working at the bank..and we were selling bottlesof Water for the terry fox foundation..the bottles were at room temparature and this client wanted it cold..so my supervisor..asked me in the clients presents..can u please go grab him a bottle downstairs for the fridge..i said sure!!

when the client heard that..he turned to my supervisor and said..how dare you make her go down the stairs to get me a bottle of water..the poor girl is pregnant..i bursted into laughter! not knowing how to react..my supervisor felt bad for me..and started laughing as well..

the client was confused..and kept on repeating how can u treat a pregnant girl like that..!! i got sooo fed up of him saying that!! i looked at the client with a serious face and said '' listen only because i am overweight doesnt automatically mean that i am pregnant!!'' he didnt know how to respond he didnt say a word and left and he didnt even buy a bottle the a*****e!!

I think old people just don't realize that it's no longer appropriate to assume a woman is pregnant. I got a comment like that years ago when I was at my current weight. I could just imagine if the same guy saw me at my highest weight...he would think I was carrying triplets or something!

Don't let it get you down. You're doing great.