Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have not been here in a while and need help

I feel like a complete failure. I have avoided this website for 8 months now because I have not lost much weight with my band. My diet sux. I was so pumped at the beginning and lost 40lbs. I am still down 40 and have gained nothing back, but have not lost more. I know I need to have another fill done but my diet is the pits. I eat terrible calories like ice cream and chocolate bars as they are easy to swallow.

I know the first thing everyone will say is well you know what is wrong, so fix it. I am having a really tough time and would like someone to chat with to get through this and get back on track.

I just needed to vent as I am so frsutrated with myself that I have not lost a pound in 12 months now!!!

I'll gladly chat with you, when I am not cussing at myself. I have no real interest in food, and usually only eat once a day after my husband berates me. Of course I either eat the wrong stuff then or to much. I am working hard for the next two weeks to get my Water in and eat like I should. If it doesn't work off to the doc I go. I had to really sit and think about what was going on with me. I just checked my tracking and I had been 186 last June and was 180 this year. Good thing is I had gone up to 190 in Jan. It took me 6 months to drop 10 lbs. I got some work to do.

I feel like a complete failure. I have avoided this website for 8 months now because I have not lost much weight with my band. My diet sux. I was so pumped at the beginning and lost 40lbs. I am still down 40 and have gained nothing back, but have not lost more. I know I need to have another fill done but my diet is the pits. I eat terrible calories like ice cream and chocolate bars as they are easy to swallow.

I know the first thing everyone will say is well you know what is wrong, so fix it. I am having a really tough time and would like someone to chat with to get through this and get back on track.

I just needed to vent as I am so frsutrated with myself that I have not lost a pound in 12 months now!!!

Unfortunately the band is just a useful tool to help you on this journey. I know you know this, but I have to remind myself this fact at least once a day. I love chocolate too. We have all been there otherwise we wouldn't have a band, lol. It is hard but you can become healthy again. It is probably the most important thing you could ever do for yourself and your family. I have found that I must eliminate all surgery and high carb foods from our home and my diet in order to be successful. The first couple weeks of this was the hardest. I felt bad and had horrible cravings. My doctor said I was detoxing. This helps me to remind myself this is my drug addiction that is unhealthy for me. I increased my Protein and that seemed to help. I use no sugar carnation instant Breakfast 2 packs and skim milk for my Breakfast. This was also my pre-opt diet. I highly suggest going on a liquid Protein shake diet for a week or 5 days. It seems crazy but it does help me when I get stuck or off track. It also helps my pouch shrink a bit and I get my head in the right place. Don't give up. You have lost 40 lbs that is great and not easy. You can do this!! It took time to gain. It will take time and work to lose it. But you will get there! Congratulation on your first 40lbs. Keep up the good work. You are not alone in this journey we are all here to support you. I know it is incredibly hard at times. You are strong and you can bet it. No more sugar cold turkey. I a couple weeks you won't even crave it. That is my best advice.

Thanks ladies for the messages. Your support is greatly appreciated. I am the only one with a band in the town I live (that I know of), so it is hard to garner support in this neck of the woods. I really need to get back on the wagon and am going to start at it today!!!

The good news is that you are maintaining your 40 lb loss! That is awesome. So to get back to losing should be fairly easy. Just a few tweaks to your diet should help.

First off, get your fill. That is very important. If your band isn't working right for you, why have it? ohmy.gif I find that when I need a fill I am more prone to eating the junk because the physical hunger comes back and I want to graze more. With the physical hunger controlled, I can more easily make healthier food choices and control my portions better.

I still allow myself the junkie treats, but I don't live off of them. For me, food is an important part of my life, and I love the flavors of junk. To live without it is no way to live for me. Like you, I don't know very many people in real life who are banded. I am on this board daily for support. It keeps me in touch with my banded self.

I don't think you need a fill because you said you are eating things that are easy to swallow. Perhaps a slight unfill might be better so that you can have a more varied diet.

This journey is hard. Really hard. You have to remind yourself that you DESERVE a healthy life. You owe it to yourself. Once I started to realize that, my life started to change in major ways. I also have been in therapy for my issues with food and I think it has been the key factor - even over my band as I have no Fluid in my band. Is that something you could consider?

Best wishes. You can do this!

I don't think you need a fill right now. Before you make any decisions you need to get back in the saddle with your eating. Try the 5 day pouch test to get things jump started and then go back to the bandster basics...once you go back to eating what you should then you can evaluate and determine whether or not you need a fill.

There are lots of us here who support you and are available if you need someone to chat with...You can do this!!

Have you thought about seeing a therapist? food is an addiction for most people in our situation. If you cannot get to the reason or the core of the problem then it is tough to work through it. Also depression is a powerful thing(I know) when my depression flairs up I tend to eat more, which in turn causes me to be more depressed which then just becomes a vicious cycle. The band is not the easy way as some critics say, It is tough. I am only on the preop period, temptation is everywhere, especially this time of year with cook outs.

You can get through this, you lost the first 40 so you have shown that you can have will power, you just need to get it back. You have had the will power to not gain it back, you just need to find something that will ramp that will power up. Get the fill and get yourself back on track. Set up a goal with some sort of reward for yourself when you get there. Mine is another tattoo. I am going to start with today's paycheck and put $10 away each paycheck towards a new one. When I hit my first goal of 220 I am going to get it for myself. Your picture shows you fishing, maybe it is an expensive fishing rod that you have been wanting. Maybe it is another big fishing trip. It is always easy to concentrate on the bad things, but remember everything you already accomplished.