Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins! What are you taking?

For my Vitamins, I am on the following.

Adult Gummy chewable daily vit.

Viactive for Calcium, nasty but I chew because I stocked up on them pre-op. Thought it was a good idea.

5 hour energy drink. Because of the energy and it has a butt load of B vits. I need the energy since school is out and kids are around. :)

What is everyone else taking. I need alternative, afforable ideas.

Flinstones with Iron. My kids and I both take them! Vitamin D 200 mg. I tend to eat string cheese or Baby Bell Light for Calcium. I think I will try the energy drink. What brand is it?

5 Hour Energy, they are approx $3 for one or $5 for two. You can find them anywhere, mostly near the Meal Replacement bars and shakes. I only drink half the bottle and save the other for the next day.

once a day I take Vitamin D3, a chewable vitamin B-12, and some glucosamine & chondroitin. Twice a day I take an adult chewable Multivitamin, 2 Fiber Choice wafers, and 2 Caltrate chewables.< /p>

I take Adult chewable Centrum, calcium citrate (caltrate isn't absorbed as well in reduced acid.. which with our smaller upper stomachs, we have less acid), D3 (many obese & formerly obese are Vit. D deficient), Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM, B12 (sublinguals), B100 (for energy).

Andrea at http://www.wlsvitagarden.com has good info on Vitamins for bariatric patients.

I take a Flintstones chewable Vitamin and 2 chewable Caltrates.

I take two adult gummy vitamins, a chewable Calcium. I also take a 5 hour power every day before my workout. I am also taking powdered glutamine (amino acid because of reducing calories) and 2 packs of Omega 3 with Vitamin D. I was one that was vitamin D deficient. I have been for the past few years. The Omega 3 has really improved my mood and motivation. I used to take it all the time before surgery but quit after surgery because I couldn't take the big pills. I suffered too. I could tell my mood was more negative and my weight loss really stalled. I started taking it again, but only one pack and it helped my mood some. Then one day I decided to try two little packs and I have felt incredible for the past 3 weeks and I have been averaging about 3 lbs a week on the weight loss.

Berocca for me. Doctor said to take soluble Multi Vitamins and pharmacist said they were the best.

Still trying samples of the Multivitamins that I received via mail for free (Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage). However, for Calcium, I use Reviva liquid (Costco and Sam's). It is sour blueberry flavored. YUM. I take 1 oz in the am and 1 oz in the PM. If you don't have a costco card, you can buy online and pay a little bit more ($1.50) and you can still get it. My Sam's only carries it every once and a while, so I had to go for Costco.

I take two Flintstone chewables, two Gummy Omega 3s and two Viactive chews. I'm considering adding Biotin to the mix!

Just tried the Calcium chewable from Bariatric Advantage today. It was raspberry flavored - SO YUMMY!!! It looked like a Starburst and tasted like one too!! I really like the liquid stuff I have now (Reviva) but these might be great to have for traveling or times when I have to leave home before I can take the first dose of Calcium. I take thyroid medicine (hypo) and can't take the Calcium for 2 hours after....so these might be good for my morning dose and I could stick with the liquid for my evening dose. :)

Wow, that's expensive for just the B vitamins! My husband uses Shakeology as a Meal Replacement, energy booster, Vitamin supplement, and whey isolate Protein. It does a whole bunch of things in one. It is a shake you can mix with Water or fat free/skim milk. Tastes like a chocolate shake so it feels like you're cheating ;) It runs about $4 a serving. Pretty cheap concidering you don't have to buy a meal, Vitamins, & 5 Hour Energy.

This tells you everything it has in it

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/greatbodymiami/the-science?marketLocaleCode=en

5 Hour Energy, they are approx $3 for one or $5 for two. You can find them anywhere, mostly near the Meal Replacement bars and shakes. I only drink half the bottle and save the other for the next day.

I just responded to Momiof3cv and then saw your post. I see that a lot of you here spend a lot of money between energy drinks, Protein shakes, Vitamins, and on top of all that you still have to pay for a meal. My husband uses Shakeology for all that you describe and more...it is also a meal replacement. He lost 30 pounds on it. They have a free shipping option. It is a shake you can mix with Water or fat free/skim milk. Tastes like a chocolate shake so it feels like you're cheating ;) It comes in a 30 day bag and comes out to about $4 a serving. Pretty cheap concidering you don't have to buy a meal, Vitamins, & 5 Hour Energy.

This tells you everything it has in it

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/greatbodymiami/the-science?marketLocaleCode=en

I take two adult gummy vitamins, a chewable Calcium. I also take a 5 hour power every day before my workout. I am also taking powdered glutamine (amino acid because of reducing calories) and 2 packs of Omega 3 with Vitamin D. I was one that was Vitamin D deficient. I have been for the past few years. The Omega 3 has really improved my mood and motivation. I used to take it all the time before surgery but quit after surgery because I couldn't take the big pills. I suffered too. I could tell my mood was more negative and my weight loss really stalled. I started taking it again, but only one pack and it helped my mood some. Then one day I decided to try two little packs and I have felt incredible for the past 3 weeks and I have been averaging about 3 lbs a week on the weight loss.

I take two adult Gummy Vitamins.... the cheapest brand seems to be @ Sams or Target.

I took the Calcium for a month post op but now that I have settled into a good healthy diet I dont feel I need it. I drink 8oz of skim mile per day and eat fat free cottage cheese, fat free cheese and other calcium loaded foods so the Dr said I didnt need the chews.