Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nightime Aspiration from being too tight

I was filled a little too tight and was apirating in my sleep (waking up choking and gaging from the Fluid from band). I got a slight unfill and it helped with me tremendously with the aspiration, but now I have a terrible terrible cough. I have heard of of Aspiration Pnuemonia, but I didn't want to overreact and go to my doctor if there was nothing that can be done about the cough. I don't have any other symtoms except this terrible cough. Has anyone else had this problem, and did your cough go away, or should I be worried about it. I have been coughing for 2 days now, and seems to be getting worse, but then maybe stuff is trying to work its way out? I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks All!

You need to go to your doc. If you do have aspiration pneumonia you need to get it treated. It's just as bad a regular pneumonia.

I don't know what it is, but you really need to call your doctor and just have it checked out. I'm sorry :(

I would call the doctor too, but I too was a little too tight and had a half of a cc taken out last week. For the past couple of weeks I was brining up food or Water or whatever at night and pretty much on and off all night....I didnt put two and two together originally that I was too tight...since I could still eat without much of a problem..but anyway..I developed a slight cough but after about a week the cough went away..not sure if its the same you have but I ddnt really have any other symptoms just the cough, my doctor didnt seem too concerned about it and told me if i started to run a fever or fill ill to make an appt with my family doctor.

My Dr. Has told me that having a night cough is a sign

of slippage! And has drilled it into me that if I EVER have a night time cough to call him ASAP! I would ask your Dr. about possible slippage.