Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm only three days post-op and moving around a little bit more. Have managed to only take children's tylenol today. Will definitely take the pain meds tonight; tried to sleep without them last night, big mistake. I was doing okay until my cat jumped on my stomach...ouch. Couldn't get mad, she was just trying to get in her normal sleeping spot.

The only incision site that is sore is the port site. The rest don't bother me at all. I have been able to sleep on my side, but getting to my side is the hard thing. Feels like my side is pulling and tearing.

Haven't really been all that hungry...eating three times a day about 1/2 cup at a time. I have a cup full of either Decaf ice tea or Water with me 24/7. Definitely getting the liquids in. Suppose to have two Protein shakes a day...haven't managed to pull that one off yet.

Tomorrow afternoon going to the local diner for their famous creamy chicken and rice Soup. Of course I can't have the rice or the chicken, but the creamy Soup will be a nice treat.

I did go get a pedicure yesterday. My feet looked awful. Probably a bit too much activity, but makes me feel a little better.

Looking forward to getting to the point where I don't feel tight and full 24/7. Thanks for all the updates so we know what to expect. Hang in there for those that are only a day or two out. It really does get better.

Tammy

Hey y'all.

I'm doing okay, I was banded Thursday, stayed in hospital until yesterday after lunch, and have been resting and walking and sipping here at home. I'm down to one percocet from the 2 they were giving me in the hospital. I'm full liquids only for the first week so just alternating between Protein drinks and Water. Port incision hurts and Lovenox injections for two weeks are a bummer but I am managing. Still have gas pain between my shoulder blades and a very rumbly gut. I am starting to wonder if the Glucerna shakes are adding to my gassiness because when I drink a Syntrax nectar shake made with Water I seem less gassy. Oh well. Time will tell.

I have been concocting a recipe in my head for when I start pureed food on Friday. I'm going to blend low fat refried Beans, fat free sour cream, low fat cheese, and salsa in my magic bullet to a thin consistency, then portion out 1/2 cup servings in my little ramekins. I'm thinking heated in the microwave for a few seconds and I'll have a yummy Mexican flavor fix. I'll let you know how it comes out :)

Hey all July Banders,

I apoligize now if I upset anyone.....but I am at the point of saying "What have I done?" I know this feeling will pass, but I don't feel well, I don't feel "right", I always feel like I have indigestion or heart burn (i have never had either), I still don't know if I am hurting from hunger, healing pains, or gas, or hernia repair and since Wednesday evening, I am pouting :( even watching a Kentucky Fried chicken commercial!! Again, I know this will pass, but I do hope that this "not quite right" feeling goes away soon.

On the up side, I am down 15 lbs since last Thursday, but I still can't hold in my stomach and walk up right!

Please, early banders, tell me it will get better!!!!

Lisa

YES honey, way better!! After the surgery (7/6) I could not even get 200 cals down for the first three days, I kept crying out of nowhere and for no reason and swore that if I ever had a Protein shake again would die! Of course all the crying made everything hurt worse. Let's not even mention it took 30 minutes to drink my dose of pain killer and it tastes like poo...almost rather be in pain right?

Today I feel almost back to normal, eating about 900 cals a day and already on solids, heck I even had a Protein Shake for lunch because I was working and had no time for real food (didn't love it, but I didn't die). I see my surgeon on Tuesday and I'm excited to see what his scale says. I had doubts about doing the right thing a few days after surgery but today I'm really looking forward to this journey. Best wishes to you and congrats on making the decision to change your life!

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling good. I'm going out to eat tonight for the first time (PF Chang) and I'm nervous about it. I've already looked at the menu online and I know what I'm going to order :) I'm like you - I'm just not focused on the scale. Although it is nice to lose the weight when I do, I have to remind myself that it will not magically melt off every day. My main concern is getting good nutrition and being healthy. The pounds lost are just kind of a bonus at this point. I'm having fun with my blog. It is so nice to look back to when the journey started and to read my thoughts and things I've discovered along the way.

Amy

Can I ask what you got at PF Changs? I am going there next weekend and was wondering. Thought about wonton Soup? How did it go?

PF Changs went great. I had plans A and B ready to go.

Plan A: Adult sized orange peel chicken (only if there was attention being called to me and I couldn't discretely ask for kid food)

Plan B: If the waitress was close enough to me that I could ask for the child's sweet and sour chicken without making a fuss

Luckily I went with Plan B. I got a kid's size sweet and sour chicken. no rice, and sauce on the side. It was good. It was breaded and fried (gasp) but I ate half of it in small bites and tried to stay calm so the band wouldn't tighten up. It went great. As soon as the food arrived, I moved my Water WAY away on my left side (I'm right handed) so I wouldn't touch it. No problems at all. The best part was that I didn't have to ask for a kid's menu because I had already looked online and knew what I wanted.

I FORCED MYSELF TO LEAVE food ON THE PLATE! I ate about half of what was there, and only about 1/2 cup went into my tummy. It was SO hard to stop. It tasted so good. But I reached down and felt my port incision (kind of feels like a zipper through my shirt) and thought about my life choice, and pushed it away. I pushed it pretty far so there wouldn't be any doubt that I was done.

The person across from me was a good friend and knew about the surgery. The other 8 people were strangers, so I doubt they really cared what I ate. :) I think eating with strangers actually made it easier! I haven't told many people about my surgery.

All in all, it was great. :)

Amy

Can I ask what you got at PF Changs? I am going there next weekend and was wondering. Thought about wonton Soup? How did it go?

Hello everyone! I'm so HAPPY I found you guys! I was banded on July 13th so currently 4 days post op. I'm glad much of what I'm feeling seems to be the norm after reading other posts. Taking the pain with a smile .. knowing that there is something wonderful waiting for me just around the corner!

weight.png

Hi guys,

1 day since banding and my incisions are so sore! Everytime I get up out of bed they ache for an hour. I've been mostly sleeping because I just feel pretty miserable over all and it's a way to escape. Plus, my pain meds make me to dumb and tired to do anything like read. I don't think I have too bad of gas pains (yet) except a lot of tightness in my chest.

Tell me this gets better...every minute I'm awake drags on like an hour and it feels like this is never going to pass!

Shauna

I definately gets better... tv, a heat pad and sleep are my best recommendations!

Hey all,

Day 4 post-op afternoon and feeling pretty good. I did some gardening, cleaned the house, and went to a pool party last night (no swimming, of course). I've been napping everyday and just praying that this full sensation doesn't go away. Although it's a tad annoying feeling like a stuffed turkey all the time, it beats the heck out of hunger, right?

I'm down 10 lbs since surgery, though I'm sure it's a lot of Water weight since I just can't get in too many liquids. But 10 lbs still sounds like a pretty good first week!

I'm craving some ice cream in a bad way...do you think sugar free would be ok?

Congrats to all the newly banded. Hang in there, y'all!!

I've been LIVING on ice cream since my op! It feels good to have to chew something!

PF Changs went great. I had plans A and B ready to go.

Plan A: Adult sized orange peel chicken (only if there was attention being called to me and I couldn't discretely ask for kid food)

Plan B: If the waitress was close enough to me that I could ask for the child's sweet and sour chicken without making a fuss

Luckily I went with Plan B. I got a kid's size sweet and sour chicken. no rice, and sauce on the side. It was good. It was breaded and fried (gasp) but I ate half of it in small bites and tried to stay calm so the band wouldn't tighten up. It went great. As soon as the food arrived, I moved my Water WAY away on my left side (I'm right handed) so I wouldn't touch it. No problems at all. The best part was that I didn't have to ask for a kid's menu because I had already looked online and knew what I wanted.

I FORCED MYSELF TO LEAVE food ON THE PLATE! I ate about half of what was there, and only about 1/2 cup went into my tummy. It was SO hard to stop. It tasted so good. But I reached down and felt my port incision (kind of feels like a zipper through my shirt) and thought about my life choice, and pushed it away. I pushed it pretty far so there wouldn't be any doubt that I was done.

The person across from me was a good friend and knew about the surgery. The other 8 people were strangers, so I doubt they really cared what I ate. :) I think eating with strangers actually made it easier! I haven't told many people about my surgery.

All in all, it was great. :)

Amy

I had to eat at a food court at the mall today. I ended up with a small fries and only got 1/2 way through it! I wanted to keep eating though so I bought a packet of smokey BBQ Sauce (which I hate!) and poured it over the rest!!! It worked really well!!! lol.

Well I did and everything went well, Im able to drink without a problem but i am very weak and dizzy and am only able to sit up for an hour or two and then have to lay down, anyone else have his problem? I really want to get up and moving.

Amy,

It's very comforting to know that you are back to some normalcy 17 days post op. Good advice, thanks!

Serifa

Yes, I had dizzy feelings a lot. I found that sipping 100% fruit juice with some ice chips in it was helpful with that feeling. Protein Shakes would also be helpful (I couldn't tolerate them post op). Once I got off pain meds and just waited a few days, it was better. I probably felt dizzy and lightheaded for the first week. I think the body is just in complete shock! LOL I know what you mean about only sitting up for a while. I could only sit for 30 minutes or so, then got up to walk, then repeated that for about 2 hours, then had to lay down. Do whatever you want - you just had huge life changing surgery - your body and mind need time to heal with all of the changes. :)

Well I did and everything went well, Im able to drink without a problem but i am very weak and dizzy and am only able to sit up for an hour or two and then have to lay down, anyone else have his problem? I really want to get up and moving.

It gets better. The second day is the most painful. I told my husband it felt like gravity was pulling my stomach down. LOL. Around day three and four, I felt so much better. My doctor told me to rest as much as possible. You aren't suppose to be doing anything. Be lazy. I did.

I definately gets better... tv, a heat pad and sleep are my best recommendations!

I'm not even constipated. But I don't go often and when I do, it is like baby poop. Scuse my language. I made it. It's been 12 days.

I had it after eating some ice cream (I have problems with dairy sometimes...) It was AWFUL!!! (But I did lose some extra Water weight from it!)

I have those. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been using a rubbermaid set and they hold 1 c. I found what works best is I seperate each shake and meal in different containers. My husband bought me this wonderful Meal Replacement shaker with a whisk ball. It has helped mix my shakes great. My weakest moments seem to be at work. I have really long days and find myself hungry between meals and my brain tells me to snack. I'm scared beacuase at home I don't feel that way.

I don't think I've shared this, but my #1 recommendation is.....< drumroll > Glass custard cups with lids (by Pyrex or Anchor)!! I bought them at Walmart (4 cups and 4 lids) for about $9.50.

These are great because....

---They hold 1 C each, making my 1/2 C meals very easy to "eyeball"

---When I make a meal, I make a couple of extras, slap the lids on, and freeze them

---They're easy to eat out of

---Dishwasher safe (lids and cups)

---Contents don't ever stain (because they're glass!

GO BUY SOME!! I have two sets now (8 cups) and I'm going to buy another two sets tomorrow. So helpful!

http://www.walmart.c...torage/15114589