Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't mixed my shake with anything but coffee. I bought chocolate flavor and it tasted pretty good. I'm going to sick to the shakes the old fashio way. I bought a lot of Jello, pudding, popsicles and broth. I just got banded on 7/5/11. I'm still getting use to this. I have serious gas pains.

Hi was banded on Thursday 7/7 and am quite sore. I haven't had any gas pains , luckily. I have no desire to eat, but took in some cream of wheat mixed with Protein powder( yuck) and some yogurt with protein powder(yuck again) Were you told to put Protein Powder in all of your food?

I am on day 4 post op. I was banded on 7/5/11. Today has been the best day so far. I went shopping on my own. I didn't drive, but it felt good to enjoy my favorite past time. I cleaned my kitchen today including loading the dish washer and sweeping the floor. I bought a smoothie from Smoothie King which was on my list given to me by my doctor. It is high Protein and I've been eating it over the last two days for my shake.

Does anyone have a clue as to when you are full? I have a feeling that I am drinking to much. On average how many ounces, do you drink at a time? When do you start eating mushy foods. My week 2 says I can drink thicker liquids, I don't think that is mushy.

How do you add friends?

I managed to slime on Water. Yes, water. I must have ingested too quickly because an hour later none had gone down and I had the icky, slimy, pukey taste in my mouth along with the uncomfortable feeling of water backing up in my tummy. I didn't vomit, but had one of those run to the basin moments! Yucky.

I was burping up water this morning. =/ Drank too fast.

Sorry to hear I am not alone. Don't like it when others have problems. Take care of yourself.

5 DAYS POST OP:

- Gas pain is basically gone! FINALLY! IT WAS KILLING ME!

- liquid diet is boring me to tears... I dream about carrot cake now!

- Have officially lost 5kg (11lb) since starting pre-op, 12 days ago!

- Getting some really bad sholder pain but panadol and sleep helps.

- Swelling is going down at last.

Not too bad. =)

Good for you for avoiding the ice cream today! :D

Maybe if you walk a lot tomorrow you can get more of the gas out before you go back to work. Do your coworkers know you've been banded?

I'm feeling lucky that I work from home--I didn't take any time off, but I can nap in between working on projects, and no one knows if I have gas issues!!

Thanks for that infomation. I don't know what to do. I have to go back to work on Monday and I do not want to look silly. The gas catches me off guard. I haven't had any ice cream today so I am proud of myself.

Wish I could work from home. I have big issues to handle when I get back to work. I've delayed my return to work until Tuesday because of my pain issues. I cannot be on painkillers while I'm working so have to stay home if I'm going to use percocet or lortab. Truth be told, I don't ever want to go back to work. I am starting to believe that I really don't want to be a supervisor anymore. Tired of bringing work stress home.

@alygurl: good job on weight loss!

Ugh! I broke a cardinal rule today and it was painful! I totally had a brain fart. I was eating my baked sweet potato when I took a gulpof Water and oh boy did that hurt!! Felt like I couldnt breathe, got all clammy but I got up and walked around which I think helped me. Painful lesson learned. :(

Ugh! I broke a cardinal rule today and it was painful! I totally had a brain fart. I was eating my baked sweet potato when I took a gulpof Water and oh boy did that hurt!! Felt like I couldnt breathe, got all clammy but I got up and walked around which I think helped me. Painful lesson learned. :(

Ice cream is SAVING me on liquids! lol. Plus one scoop is enough to fill me up!

10 Days post-op:

No gas pains at all

Only my port area has any discomfort.

Going back to work tomorrow (I would have been back sooner but got a cold that made me miserable)

Started on mushies early (bad me, I just couldn't drink another meal. It was making me gag >.<)

Feel really good over all, I have no problems drinking anything or eating my mushies which have mostly consisted of mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs lol

I still drink my Protein shake because I just don't get hungry but I space it throughout the day, want to make sure I get my Protein in.

And...drum roll please.....18lbs since I started the pre-op diet :) I love my band!!

I'm down to 172.2! Really haven't seen that in a few years. In another 5 pounds, I will be seeing weights that I haven't seen in 5 years! I'm so excited!

Ok, so this is TMI area: you've been warned! I have the grossest, foulest smelling gas coming from my body. Also, I'm 5 days post op and haven't had a bowel movement since last Monday. I just started playing with mushie foods last night but before that the last food I ate was Sunday night last week. Just wondering what kind of foulness to expect...

Hey guys...I'm not sure how I'm doing with all this. I've gone through some emotional stuff...Like I hope i haven't made a mistake...why can't i be naturally skinny...what if i have band complications. I guess the reality of it all is setting in.

I Had my surgyer 7/1 (Friday) and went back to work on Tuesday. That was tooooo soon. I only lasted 1/2 day and then all day wed and thursday. But by Friday...I crashed. I stayed in bed most of the day..called in sick to work.

I think the problem was my pain meds...i stopped taking them all together.

I am feeling better now..the world is clearer and I'm not having such a hard time getting up in the morning. My gas pain in my shoulder is almost totally gone...and i had a normal BM yesterday. Finally!

I am taking it easy this whole weekend though because I need to make it through the work week.

Mushies is going fine...I guess. I hope I'm not being too agressive with it.

I went out to a mexican restaurant last night...and really really really miss the beer. I had some iced tea with splenda.....a mushy chile relleno....and some refried Beans with sour cream. It did the trick. It is really important to me that I can have the band and be a normal person at restaurants and stuff....so I think that will be fine.

Onward...and Downward!! Have lost 15 lbs since my pre-op appt at the surgeon.

Congrats on the loss and on finding balance with the band. I know I have a lot of emotional issues tied to my overweight body. Learning how to love my banded body is as much of a process as learning what you can/cannot eat. Takes time.

Just went to church, so glad because we missed last week due to car trouble. Missed yesterday's service due to pain, so going today was nice. Feeding my spirit just as important as feeding my body.